A Misc thread with the feel-good factor for a change

Found 13th Feb
With all the serious and negative news stories often being covered in Misc, just thought it would be good to add a little balance today.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Saturn7 m ago

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!!

Pics, or you're lion.
33 Comments
Saturn7 m ago

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!!

Pics, or you're lion.
jayonline8550 m ago

[Image]

Feel good means fake news to you.
splender7 m ago

All news is fake news to me. I do my own research and come to my own conclusion on the matter rather than being told what to think by media. But thanks for your opinion on what you think you know about me.
jayonline855 m ago

All news is fake news to me. I do my own research and come to my own …All news is fake news to me. I do my own research and come to my own conclusion on the matter rather than being told what to think by media. But thanks for your opinion on what you think you know about me.

So what did your research tell you about the war in eastern Ukraine? Did you do some site visits? interview locals?
jayonline8515 h, 47 m ago

All news is fake news to me. I do my own research and come to my own …All news is fake news to me. I do my own research and come to my own conclusion on the matter rather than being told what to think by media. But thanks for your opinion on what you think you know about me.

I don't know who you are, posting that 2015 fake news isn't my understanding of feel-good even if it were a jest, humour. And I have not made any conclusion about you, don't you worry.
But it is a good habit to do your own research and come to your own conclusion, like I do, if you are brave enough, like me, test out your conclusion and knowledge under the scrutiny of misc'ers.
Edited by: "splender" 14th Feb
splender30 m ago

No, I read the thread description & posted something with a 'feel-good' factor.
fanpages5 m ago

No, I read the thread description & posted something with a 'feel-good' …No, I read the thread description & posted something with a 'feel-good' factor.

Did you read what was there posted by her?
splender17 m ago

Did you read what was there posted by her?

Yes, thank you.

Do you have a point here?
Graham197949 m ago

So what did your research tell you about the war in eastern Ukraine? Did …So what did your research tell you about the war in eastern Ukraine? Did you do some site visits? interview locals?

I see what you did here
fanpages9 m ago

Yes, thank you.Do you have a point here?

Yes, you said, "No, I read the thread description & posted something with a 'feel-good' factor."

What was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?
Edited by: "splender" 13th Feb
splender6 m ago

Yes, you said, "No, I read the thread description & posted something with …Yes, you said, "No, I read the thread description & posted something with a 'feel-good' factor."What was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?

I didn't see what 'jay posted as it has already been removed when I saw your reply to it.

Ah... by 'her' you didn't mean @Saturn?

OK, we're good.

Almost ventured into the usual Misc bickering for a moment then.

Phew!
fanpages4 m ago

I didn't see what 'jay posted as it has already been removed when I saw …I didn't see what 'jay posted as it has already been removed when I saw your reply to it.Perhaps you could elaborate on your response.

Can you not understand my plain and simply directness "Did you read what was there posted by her?"
And then you replied, "Yes, thank you."

Now you say, "
I didn't see what 'jay posted...."
splender3 m ago

Can you not understand my plain and simply directness "Did you read what …Can you not understand my plain and simply directness "Did you read what was there posted by her?"And then you replied, "Yes, thank you."Now you say, "I didn't see what 'jay posted...."

FFS. Read my entire reply.
fanpages1 h, 1 m ago

FFS. Read my entire reply.

I am still none the wiser, I have read and re-read your answer, you need to answer simply, yes or no , to my question, "Did you see what was there?" Otherwise I am lost as to your question to me, "Do you have a point?" If I didn't know what was your first point , how would I know how to answer!

Let me try to ask again my direct question to you, "What was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?" but with an assumption:-

1. You did see what was there, what was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?

2. You didn't see what was there, what was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?
Isn't it annoying when you cannot understand somebody's response.

Ho hum.

shadey127 m ago

Maybe not feelgood but maybe raise a smile,[Image] …Maybe not feelgood but maybe raise a smile,[Image] https://www.thepressnews.co.uk/press-news/red-faced-runners-laugh-at-10k-t-shirt-cock-up

33255865-VUUx9.jpg
33256102-N4r5i.jpg
fanpages45 m ago

[Image]

I wonder if dogs need pictorial instructions?
shadey123 h, 20 m ago

I wonder if dogs need pictorial instructions?

I don't think birds & bees do, but I wouldn't trust my dogs to build anything from Ikea.
fanpages7 h, 46 m ago

I don't think birds & bees do, but I wouldn't trust my dogs to build …I don't think birds & bees do, but I wouldn't trust my dogs to build anything from Ikea.

33258036-FNeKQ.jpg
33258796-Wewiw.jpg
fanpages19 h, 29 m ago

I didn't see what 'jay posted as it has already been removed when I saw …I didn't see what 'jay posted as it has already been removed when I saw your reply to it.Ah... by 'her' you didn't mean @Saturn?OK, we're good.Almost ventured into the usual Misc bickering for a moment then.Phew!

splender18 h, 22 m ago

I am still none the wiser, I have read and re-read your answer, you need …I am still none the wiser, I have read and re-read your answer, you need to answer simply, yes or no , to my question, "Did you see what was there?" Otherwise I am lost as to your question to me, "Do you have a point?" If I didn't know what was your first point , how would I know how to answer!Let me try to ask again my direct question to you, "What was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?" but with an assumption:-1. You did see what was there, what was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?2. You didn't see what was there, what was your point in making that statement to connect it with my response to @jayonline85 ?

To be honest I cannot make head nor tail of your spat. This link that someone (3guesses?) posted a while ago may help though.

Something to ponder when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?
Saturn22 h, 37 m ago

To be honest I cannot make head nor tail of your spat. This link that …To be honest I cannot make head nor tail of your spat. This link that someone (3guesses?) posted a while ago may help though.Something to ponder when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

I note from your post that you are 90% pride and 10% humility at best, if you had posts to demonstrate more humility please do make references. I would appreciate your personal self evaluation and self reflection.

If you could demonstrate your own humility here, then you have mastered pride and humility.

For my own reflection, I can never enough humility.
Edited by: "splender" 15th Feb
splender1 h, 15 m ago

...For my own reflection, I can never enough humility.

Me neither.

Ooops.
splender1 h, 20 m ago

I note from your post that you are 90% pride and 10% humility at best, if …I note from your post that you are 90% pride and 10% humility at best, if you had posts to demonstrate more humility please do make references. I would appreciate your personal self evaluation and self reflection.If you could demonstrate your own humility here, then you have mastered pride and humility.For my own reflection, I can never enough humility.

In my humble opinion, the link has had the desired effect and we can all now focus on the thread as intended. You're welcome.
Saturn3 h, 28 m ago

In my humble opinion, the link has had the desired effect and we can all …In my humble opinion, the link has had the desired effect and we can all now focus on the thread as intended. You're welcome.

We had already ceased and retreated with our humility , with @fanpages taking the first move,
by hours before your post, @Saturn

The link on pride and humility is best served as a personal reflection to remind yourself in the future in your behaviour. Of course I would take heed to such positive reminder.

It is said, resolve your own misgivings before you try to resolve others'.

It is then we could and would start to feel-good as social animals.
Edited by: "splender" 15th Feb
splender38 m ago

We had already ceased and retreated with our humility , with @fanpages …We had already ceased and retreated with our humility , with @fanpages taking the first move, by hours before your post, @Saturn The link on pride and humility is best served as a personal reflection to remind yourself in the future in your behaviour. Of course I would take heed to such positive reminder. It is said, resolve your own misgivings before you try to resolve others'.It is then we could and would start to feel-good as social animals.

I defer to your intimate knowledge of the timeline involved. You will note that my attention was simply drawn to your contentious exchanges at a less contemporaneous point by the inclusion of @Saturn by @fanpages in one of his posts. It was indeed a noble act if he made the first move and chose to cease and retreat with humility as you suggest.

I had often wondered if a thread as innocuous as 'Which is your favourite Tellytubby?' could descend into pointless bickering on Misc. I guess, with humility, that I now have my answer, albeit via an alternative subject matter.
The feelgood factor isn't being spread very thickly here is it?
catbeans13th Feb

[Image]

Slimer?! (Ghostbusters) haha
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions