A new low for British politics.

Found 24th Oct 2017Edited by:"Saturn"
Only 650 people currently have the privilege of representing a UK constituency in the House of Commons, and this person seems to have expressed a significant number of views that the majority of a reasonable electorate would find highly objectionable. Rather than list all his misdemeanours, I will link to the source of the various reports below. The Labour Party appears to be broadly supportive of him, with both the current and a previous Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities (Dawn Butler and Angela Rayner) saying in interviews that he has 'been on a journey' and applauding his supposed courage in offering an apology after his behaviour was exposed.

If a political party is unwilling or unable to take appropriate action, should a Parliamentary body be established to decide upon whether a by-election is justified in exceptional circumstances where an MP is shown to be unworthy of the title?

Does someone like Jared O'Mara continue to be worthy of a place in our Parliament?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
You’ll notice the the Labour Party will not deal with such issues in the proper manner until there is a public outcry. If the offender were a member of another party, they would be screaming in Parliament for their dismissal. Just goes to prove how hypocritical the left are
Rather than trawl through the right-wing flash ad infested website that is Guido Fawkes blog, what’s he actually done? Made a few not so clever remarks on Social Media years ago? Called a woman fat or ugly b**ch? Not that I condone such remarks but what a joke. You have creeps like Lord Rennard worming their way back into politics as if nothing happened after (allegedly) doing a Weinstein leaving a trail of distraught women etc…. don’t even get me started on the Tories!

Posts from 2002 – hahaha the Conservatives really are scraping the barrel with this one aren’t they. I suppose they’ll take anything they can get to take the press heat off themselves. Desperate times indeed.
35 Comments
You’ll notice the the Labour Party will not deal with such issues in the proper manner until there is a public outcry. If the offender were a member of another party, they would be screaming in Parliament for their dismissal. Just goes to prove how hypocritical the left are
As i have said before, there isn't a very deep pool of political talent about (across all parties).

Which to be fair am not sure why any one would go into politics these days, poor salary, constant criticism and online abuse.
Worthy of a place?

Now there is a question
Predikuesi30 m ago

You’ll notice the the Labour Party will not deal with such issues in the p …You’ll notice the the Labour Party will not deal with such issues in the proper manner until there is a public outcry. If the offender were a member of another party, they would be screaming in Parliament for their dismissal. Just goes to prove how hypocritical the left are

To be fair that applies to them all, left right and center.
Predikuesi56 m ago

You’ll notice the the Labour Party will not deal with such issues in the p …You’ll notice the the Labour Party will not deal with such issues in the proper manner until there is a public outcry. If the offender were a member of another party, they would be screaming in Parliament for their dismissal. Just goes to prove how hypocritical the left are

Maybe John McDonnell will see him as a good fit for a prominent place in his team in the future.

Kmore41 m ago

Worthy of a place? Now there is a question

It is a question, Kmore. Your cage appears rattled - care to elucidate?
123thisisme42 m ago

To be fair that applies to them all, left right and center.

Totally agree. It does seem though, that the Labour Party change their tune when one of their own comes under fire, be it antisemitism or the likes raised in this case. What they really mean is, “For the few, not the many”, or as George Orwell put it, “All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others”.
Typical of the new breed of left wingers, "do as we say, not as we do" should be Labours motto.
I will be voting Labour in the next few election.
Predikuesi2 h, 50 m ago

All the political left has is lies and threats of violence. We could send Diane Abbott in to count the number of Lords we have, first count will be 8 then 6754 then back to 2 then 91 no wait then her brother will phone her and remind her she has diabetes, she obviously forgot!
Rather than trawl through the right-wing flash ad infested website that is Guido Fawkes blog, what’s he actually done? Made a few not so clever remarks on Social Media years ago? Called a woman fat or ugly b**ch? Not that I condone such remarks but what a joke. You have creeps like Lord Rennard worming their way back into politics as if nothing happened after (allegedly) doing a Weinstein leaving a trail of distraught women etc…. don’t even get me started on the Tories!

Posts from 2002 – hahaha the Conservatives really are scraping the barrel with this one aren’t they. I suppose they’ll take anything they can get to take the press heat off themselves. Desperate times indeed.
freakstyler6 m ago

Rather than trawl through the right-wing flash ad infested website that is …Rather than trawl through the right-wing flash ad infested website that is Guido Fawkes blog, what’s he actually done? Made a few not so clever remarks on Social Media years ago? Called a woman fat or ugly b**ch? Not that I condone such remarks but what a joke. You have creeps like Lord Rennard worming their way back into politics as if nothing happened after (allegedly) doing a Weinstein leaving a trail of distraught women etc…. don’t even get me started on the Tories!Posts from 2002 – hahaha the Conservatives really are scraping the barrel with this one aren’t they. I suppose they’ll take anything they can get to take the press heat off themselves. Desperate times indeed.

pathetic defense.
I wouldn't say it's a new low - Westminster has often gone a lot lower - but in a way it's good to leave these characters in place, as we know for sure what they're like.

This bloke comes across as a typical loony leftist (rubbed shoulders with so many of them), and the support he's getting from his fellow loony leftists tells the public all they need to know about Corbyns' Labour.

If he gets removed and it's all covered up, voters have a tendency to forget the truth and believe the next lot of lies from the replacement liars.

Leave him in place and let people know exactly what type of character they've got there.
Saturn4 h, 13 m ago

Scroll down for 11 stories related to this MP.

What an eye sore of a website.
freakstyler40 m ago

Rather than trawl through the right-wing flash ad infested website that is …Rather than trawl through the right-wing flash ad infested website that is Guido Fawkes blog, what’s he actually done? Made a few not so clever remarks on Social Media years ago? Called a woman fat or ugly b**ch? Not that I condone such remarks but what a joke. You have creeps like Lord Rennard worming their way back into politics as if nothing happened after (allegedly) doing a Weinstein leaving a trail of distraught women etc…. don’t even get me started on the Tories!Posts from 2002 – hahaha the Conservatives really are scraping the barrel with this one aren’t they. I suppose they’ll take anything they can get to take the press heat off themselves. Desperate times indeed.

In order to craft your rebuttal, I get the impression that you have trawled through the website that investigated and uncovered the incidents. You may have missed that the latest allegation dates from March this year (2017), but here are Guardian and Independent articles for your perusal.
MSK.3 m ago

What an eye sore of a website.

Don't disagree on layout, but featured on Newsnight last night and have published a few exclusive exposures in previous years.
Never heard of this guy until the last few days. Not really seeing the problem tho tbh everyones entitled to make a mistake. Not like hes have anybchance of some sort of powere anyway do labour even still exist lol.
Saturn4 h, 13 m ago

In order to craft your rebuttal, I get the impression that you have …In order to craft your rebuttal, I get the impression that you have trawled through the website that investigated and uncovered the incidents. You may have missed that the latest allegation dates from March this year (2017), but here are Guardian and Independent articles for your perusal.

I do believe I referred to the latest allegations in my post on the second line if it’s regarding calling a woman ugly. Still, pretty much a non-story blown out of proportion considering much of the verbal stuff is all she said, he said and it all happened before he was an MP.

I suspect the woman is bitter because he knocked her back seeing as they met from a dating App – she’s gone to the press on the back of all this Hollywood stuff considering herself a victim because he called her names, Journalists have dug into his past and found some ancient posts he made when he was in his late teens/early twenties and taa daa, you have a scandal. Sad really.

I bet poor Jared regrets swiping right……
"A new low for British politics."

As with a lot of attempts to talk down the other party this is about as cutting as 6 year old kids in a school ground arguing whose dad is the hardest.
This guy sounds like a real charmer but at the end of the day politics is about governing and when you look at the current crop of incompetents and how low they are sinking this is a drop in the ocean.
The guy needs to be investigated but it's hardly the Profumo Affair is it!
No sense of perspective with you political zealots, can be seen coming a mile away, so transparent.
Agharta9 m ago

"A new low for British politics."As with a lot of attempts to talk down …"A new low for British politics."As with a lot of attempts to talk down the other party this is about as cutting as 6 year old kids in a school ground arguing whose dad is the hardest.This guy sounds like a real charmer but at the end of the day politics is about governing and when you look at the current crop of incompetents and how low they are sinking this is a drop in the ocean.The guy needs to be investigated but it's hardly the Profumo Affair is it!No sense of perspective with you political zealots, can be seen coming a mile away, so transparent.

You're in favour of these new Momentum-backed candidates then, Agharta? Jared is the first, plenty more to your taste to follow.
Saturn23 m ago

You're in favour of these new Momentum-backed candidates then, Agharta? …You're in favour of these new Momentum-backed candidates then, Agharta? Jared is the first, plenty more to your taste to follow.

As expected you completely ignored the point and ranted off topic just like a politician.
Is that you Theresa?
Agharta3 m ago

As expected you completely ignored the point and ranted off topic just …As expected you completely ignored the point and ranted off topic just like a politician.Is that you Theresa?

Have a look again. A one line reply to a seven line post. Which one most closely resembles a rant? Come on now, Agharta.

Agharta36 m ago

"A new low for British politics."As with a lot of attempts to talk down …"A new low for British politics."As with a lot of attempts to talk down the other party this is about as cutting as 6 year old kids in a school ground arguing whose dad is the hardest.This guy sounds like a real charmer but at the end of the day politics is about governing and when you look at the current crop of incompetents and how low they are sinking this is a drop in the ocean.The guy needs to be investigated but it's hardly the Profumo Affair is it!No sense of perspective with you political zealots, can be seen coming a mile away, so transparent.

Saturn27 m ago

You're in favour of these new Momentum-backed candidates then, Agharta? …You're in favour of these new Momentum-backed candidates then, Agharta? Jared is the first, plenty more to your taste to follow.

Considering all the MPs that were caught defrauding the people they represent over expenses clams this is hardly a new low.
The usual hyperbole of someone desperate to score a point rather than make a meaningful point who seemingly doesn't know the difference between them.
Just because I call you out doesn't mean I voted Labour, I didn't, or approve of such alleged behaviour, I don't, but that's too nuanced a position for someone like you who seems to see things in black and white.
Edited by: "Agharta" 25th Oct 2017
Agharta10 m ago

Considering all the MPs that were caught defrauding the people they …Considering all the MPs that were caught defrauding the people they represent over expenses clams this is hardly a new low.The usual hyperbole of someone desperate to score a point rather than make a meaningful point who seemingly doesn't know the difference between them.Just because I call you out doesn't mean I voted Labour, I didn't, or approve of such alleged behaviour, I don't, but that's too nuanced a position for someone like you who seems to see things in black and white.

I think it is wise move to not seek to defend the indefensible with any greater vigour. Strong words though, however ill-judged.
Saturn8 m ago

I think it is wise move to not seek to defend the indefensible with any …I think it is wise move to not seek to defend the indefensible with any greater vigour.

I'm not sure who you are accusing of defending him but I clearly didn't but was simply pointing out your hyperbole.
If you can't even see the difference between those two things then there's no point in talking with such a mindset.
Agharta5 m ago

I'm not sure who you are accusing of defending him but I clearly didn't …I'm not sure who you are accusing of defending him but I clearly didn't but was simply pointing out your hyperbole.If you can't even see the difference between those two things then there's no point in talking with such a mindset.

Best you move on then if you can't hold a calm and reasonable discussion without resorting to attaching emotive labels.
I worked in "politics" for 4 years and saw exactly how it operated. It's all about power and control. The stuff that went on! It was an eye opener!! As a result I trust NO party and that decision is from experience.
Mm
32306522-ZZLvp.jpg
"A new low for British politics."

Saturn26 m ago

Best you move on then if you can't hold a calm and reasonable discussion …Best you move on then if you can't hold a calm and reasonable discussion without resorting to attaching emotive labels.

Pot, kettle, black.
Agharta6 m ago

"A new low for British politics."Pot, kettle, black.

Instead of resorting to particularly tired idioms, look up the definition of 'zealot' and reflect on your usage of it. Then try 'rant' .....
Saturn1 m ago

Instead of resorting to particularly tired idioms, look up the definition …Instead of resorting to particularly tired idioms, look up the definition of 'zealot' and reflect on your usage of it. Then try 'rant' .....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Agharta5 m ago

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You started this exchange, and have chosen to prolong it. I think we can agree that this is not your best work if resigned to 'Zzz...'
Saturn12 m ago

You started this exchange, and have chosen to prolong it. I think we can …You started this exchange, and have chosen to prolong it. I think we can agree that this is not your best work if resigned to 'Zzz...'

That's as much as it warrants.
omg it's more like a new low for "journalism" if you can call it that.
The Tories only care about the rich,labour only care about the rich and the liberals only care about getting knighthoods and Lordships.

The media only care about the rich, the bbc only care about their amazing salaries, and the public cant be bothered anymore and prefer to fight amongst themselves.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants