Expired

A New PC For Using Photoshop

1 reply
Found 15th Oct 2007
Hello all :thumbsup:

I've been looking at various offers from Dell and such in the hope of buying a new computer. Having just started a degree in Photography though i'm not sure if there's anything I should be aware of in terms of graphics cards and such that I might need? Is there anyone out there who uses Photoshop who could perhaps help me out? Was tempted to get a Mac, but theyre a bit expensive

muchos love, James.xx

2 Comments

secretgunner

Hello all :thumbsup: I've been looking at various offers from Dell and … Hello all :thumbsup: I've been looking at various offers from Dell and such in the hope of buying a new computer. Having just started a degree in Photography though i'm not sure if there's anything I should be aware of in terms of graphics cards and such that I might need? Is there anyone out there who uses Photoshop who could perhaps help me out? Was tempted to get a Mac, but theyre a bit expensive muchos love, James.xx

Hmmm Photography, Photoshop......sounds like a job for a Mac to me :thumbsup:. I know you say they are expensive but have you looked on the ]Apple Higher Education Store? They give whopping discounts for Uni students, but you have to be on campus to access it. Also Apple are giving away ]free iPods to students till the end of the month!

One of Dell's bottom-end Vostro laptops would do you fine. For £380, you can pick something up with 2GB of RAM, 120GB of HDD, a Core 2 Duo 1.8GHz chip, a 9 cell battery, and a 15" screen. You can get it for less if you phone up and haggle.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247559
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356166
    3. COMING SOON TO EA ACCESS* AND ORIGIN ACCESS* STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II, Ma…11
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769198

See more discussions