Groups

A petition that will hopefully have the support from anyone that reads this.

clicky .>>>‌ change.org/p/r…ill

The drink drive laws regarding the sentencing (especially when an innocent life is lost) are appauling IMHO

Imagine losing your own son or daughter because someone didn't care enough which is what happens in reality. This selfless society that we live in today. Imagine that a drink driver killed your child and because of the judicial system they will be free to live a normal life after 2 years and 6 months.

Is that all your child is worth? I think no

Hope you all will take the time to read the story and feel the pain. Yes I'm a hard man for me life means life and if you take someones life you should go to prison for life (because we don't have the death penalty as a deterrent) but 2 years and 6 months that's not enough just for the parents to grieve for their loss.

Hope you will add your name to the petition.

Thank you for reading

12 Comments

A pretty worthy cause.

Its worth pointing out though that many of the people on this forum and on the streets of this country have opted over the last 30 years for personal tax relief rather then investment in this countries prisons, hospitals etc.

The idea of banging someone away for 40 years is good, there is no space for them and the cost of the tax payer of keeping them is ££££££££. Maybe their insurance company should pay?

What is worse then what you have said is when people who cause accidents as they are drunk or drug (becoming massively popular) is when they manager to "get back on the road" b/c of exceptional circumstances.

We had one guy in our firm DD and hit another car. Injury's caused to other drive and our driver road drove off. He already had 6 points and should have been disqualified. However, he was able to negotiate that he needed to maintain his licence to keep job.

Luckily my company argued with him that it was for his "profession" (sales), not for his job as you cant have more then 6 points and have a CC at our firm. He still works here, with his own car, same job.

A pretty worthy cause.

Its worth pointing out though that many of the people on this forum and on the streets of this country have opted over the last 30 years for personal tax relief rather then investment in this countries prisons, hospitals etc.

The idea of banging someone away for 40 years is good, there is no space for them and the cost of the tax payer of keeping them is ££££££££. Maybe their insurance company should pay?

What is worse then what you have said is when people who cause accidents as they are drunk or drug (becoming massively popular) is when they manager to "get back on the road" b/c of exceptional circumstances.

We had one guy in our firm DD and hit another car. Injury's caused to other drive and our driver road drove off. He already had 6 points and should have been disqualified. However, he was able to negotiate that he needed to maintain his licence to keep job.

Luckily my company argued with him that it was for his "profession" (sales), not for his job as you cant have more then 6 points and have a CC at our firm. He still works here, with his own car, same job.

I don't believe that the laws surrounding this are insufficient, but believe that the sentencing is.

The maximum penalty for causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs is 14 years which I believe is more than sufficient as a deterrent and punishment. If the guidelines surrounding the current laws were to change so that judges sentenced more harshly when judging these cases then I believe that more people would feel that they had justice.

Hopefully this family will be happy to hear from recent news that Theresa May indicates major overhaul of dangerous driving laws, which I assume would also cover causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs.

Original Poster

groenleader

A pretty worthy cause. Its worth pointing out though that many of the … A pretty worthy cause. Its worth pointing out though that many of the people on this forum and on the streets of this country have opted over the last 30 years for personal tax relief rather then investment in this countries prisons, hospitals etc. The idea of banging someone away for 40 years is good, there is no space for them and the cost of the tax payer of keeping them is ££££££££. Maybe their insurance company should pay?What is worse then what you have said is when people who cause accidents as they are drunk or drug (becoming massively popular) is when they manager to "get back on the road" b/c of exceptional circumstances.We had one guy in our firm DD and hit another car. Injury's caused to other drive and our driver road drove off. He already had 6 points and should have been disqualified. However, he was able to negotiate that he needed to maintain his licence to keep job.Luckily my company argued with him that it was for his "profession" (sales), not for his job as you cant have more then 6 points and have a CC at our firm. He still works here, with his own car, same job.

Then this is surely another reason why our laws need changing and ensuring they become deterrents rather than either a "get out of jail free pass" or a slap on the wrist.

I'm sure that if the sentence for drink driving was a minimum of actual 12 months in prison and 3 year ban for first offence and for example death by driving whilst intoxicated with drink or drugs was a minimum of 10 years and lifetime driving ban - then surly these will act as a deterrent which should be the purpose of a sentence (to punish or to deter). With todays PC brigade or lefties or whatever the new name is we, the general population, the law abiding citizens, suffer daily because there is no deterrent and no real punishment. Our insurance premiums go up (so we are paying for something but not the right thing) because of crash for cash, because of theft from vehicles or theft of vehicles. Daily we see courts slapping the wrists of drug addicts/shop lifters so they can go out of the courts and repeat what they've just been sentenced for and yet again we pay higher prices in the stores for these scum bags.

So we pay more however you look at it. Just recently the RAC publish a report/survey about people driving whilst using a mobile - up 30% (I think) and all our government has done in years past is reduce funding (whilst lining their own pockets) and therefore reduced by many thousands the number of road traffic police << those that will most likely catch the law breakers.

There is no justice in this country anymore... we are to soft and yet we are happy to pay higher premiums for that "privilege" just wtf

Original Poster

RossD89

I don't believe that the laws surrounding this are insufficient, but … I don't believe that the laws surrounding this are insufficient, but believe that the sentencing is.The maximum penalty for causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs is 14 years which I believe is more than sufficient as a deterrent and punishment. If the guidelines surrounding the current laws were to change so that judges sentenced more harshly when judging these cases then I believe that more people would feel that they had justice.Hopefully this family will be happy to hear from recent news that Theresa May indicates major overhaul of dangerous driving laws, which I assume would also cover causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs.

Laws or sentencing policy - it doesn't really matter how you look at it - it's too soft - it's not a deterrent

The maximum penalty for causing death by careless driving when under the … The maximum penalty for causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs is 14 years

That means 7 years or less with good behaviour/parole etc

Imagine your child being killed by someone who didn't give a s... and they only get 7 years Full board, 3 square meals daily, no rent, no need to work, free Sky, free internet
    Edited by: "philphil61" 15th Sep 2016

If the current standard of sentencing was a sufficient deterrent to drink (drug) driving, then there would be fewer innocent victims of it. That said, the irresponsible care less about either the current deterrent or their victims, therefore tougher sentencing ought to be imposed regardless of mitigating circumstances.
    Signed petition.

Original Poster

Predikuesi

If the current standard of sentencing was a sufficient deterrent to drink … If the current standard of sentencing was a sufficient deterrent to drink (drug) driving, then there would be fewer innocent victims of it. That said, the irresponsible care less about either the current deterrent or their victims, therefore tougher sentencing ought to be imposed regardless of mitigating circumstances.Signed petition.

Why is it some people have the ability to say what I mean in less words

Signed x

Signed, the sentences should be more of a deterrent than they currently are

Signed
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      2. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      3. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?33