Groups

A place to sell PC parts/whole pc?

I have so much stuff to sell, but lack of places to sell it, Lokal is literally useless, I'm pretty sure no-one has ever bought anything from there.

I have two pc's to sell, which with a good GPU can run all modern titles without any issue, but where the hell are you supposed to sell stuff that isn't eBay (screw eBay).

20 Comments

Gumtree

This is where I buy and sell my parts these days. All that requires for buyers protection is to use paypal (not gift) so there is a small fee:

https://nm.reddit.com/r/HardwareSwapUK/new/

You can also ask for a price check too which is cool
    Edited by: "darthvader666uk" 8th May

ritchiedrama

...Lokal is literally useless...

Uh-oh.

Local paper, or look around local shops some supermarkets and places like co-op I noticed have boards for local advertising.

Original Poster

darthvader666uk

This is where I buy and sell my parts these days. All that requires for … This is where I buy and sell my parts these days. All that requires for buyers protection is to use paypal (not gift) so there is a small fee:https://nm.reddit.com/r/HardwareSwapUK/new/You can also ask for a price check too which is cool

Have posted there, too. Only place I've actually had any interest lol. Trying to sell them as a full build is probably my issue, but the fact the PC's are so solid and cheaper than anything you can buy new, I don't get why its so difficult, perfect for a gaming starting pc, lol.

Original Poster

fanpages

Uh-oh.

#freedomofspeech #truth ayyy

ritchiedrama

Have posted there, too. Only place I've actually had any interest lol. … Have posted there, too. Only place I've actually had any interest lol. Trying to sell them as a full build is probably my issue, but the fact the PC's are so solid and cheaper than anything you can buy new, I don't get why its so difficult, perfect for a gaming starting pc, lol.

I know its pretty tough to sell complete PC's. I can kind of understand why but very frustrating as you get more for your money. I know I usually look for parts more for complete builds so you "could" split but thats going to be a pain.

Fingers crossed

Oh Have you joined their discord channel? Its pretty active mind

For best value I would say use this reddit page https://www.reddit.com/r/HardwareSwapUK/

High end parts are not too common to sell for good value on gumtree.

Original Poster

darthvader666uk

I know its pretty tough to sell complete PC's. I can kind of understand … I know its pretty tough to sell complete PC's. I can kind of understand why but very frustrating as you get more for your money. I know I usually look for parts more for complete builds so you "could" split but thats going to be a pain.Fingers crossed :)Oh Have you joined their discord channel? Its pretty active mind

I haven't, but I may.

The most frustrating thing is taking timestamp pics every 5 days just to re-post, lol.

I don't mind splitting them, but I see people posting all the time (sites like this) for a PC for the family, some terrrible pre-built for £500-700 and I'm selling a used but insanely good 2500K with 8gb ram etc for sub £275 already fully built, makes no sense -.-

darthvader666uk

This is where I buy and sell my parts these days. All that requires for … This is where I buy and sell my parts these days. All that requires for buyers protection is to use paypal (not gift) so there is a small fee:https://nm.reddit.com/r/HardwareSwapUK/new/You can also ask for a price check too which is cool

completely agree with this, sold fairly highly spec'd laptop on here in January as well as few other bits and browse it often for the bit's I might be after too

ritchiedrama

fanpages

Uh-oh.

ritchiedrama

Note this reply (comment #30) in a recent "Deals" thread:

[ hotukdeals.com/dea…344 ]

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p490/_fanpages/Comment%2030_zpsrbvhohfo.jpg

(I did not delete my original comment. The Moderator that removed it must have missed the subsequent quote.)

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

fanpages

Uh-oh.

ritchiedrama

I literally have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

ritchiedrama

fanpages

Uh-oh.

ritchiedrama

Ignore the HUKD wannabe mods.

Lokal isn't great, everyone knows that. It may get better though, who knows.

Anyway, ebay is your best bet unfortunately. If you really don't want to use them, just list it on lokal, gumtree, shpock as they're free anyway. No harm.

ritchiedrama

I literally have no idea what you're trying to tell me.

I am trying to tell you that if you say anything negative about Lokal, you may find your thread is edited or removed (as has been the case on numerous previous occasions).

I would advise removing the criticism from the thread description.

J4GG4, on the other hand, just has an issue with me because he was ridiculed for his attitude towards Burger King in another thread.

Original Poster

fanpages

I am trying to tell you that if you say anything negative about Lokal, … I am trying to tell you that if you say anything negative about Lokal, you may find your thread is edited or removed (as has been the case on numerous previous occasions).I would advise removing the criticism from the thread description.J4GG4, on the other hand, just has an issue with me because he was ridiculed for his attitude towards Burger King in another thread.

It's ok, if my thread is removed, I will be just fine mate, thanks for the heads up tho.

Lokal is crap regardless if my thread is here or not, lol..

ritchiedrama

It's ok, if my thread is removed, I will be just fine mate, thanks for … It's ok, if my thread is removed, I will be just fine mate, thanks for the heads up tho.Lokal is crap regardless if my thread is here or not, lol..

You're welcome.

PS. [ avforums.com/for…43/ ]

Original Poster

fanpages

You're welcome.PS. [ … You're welcome.PS. [ https://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-classifieds.243/ ]

Can you tag users on these threads?

If you have a Facebook account, they have a marketplace where you can either buy or sell, plus I think that it shows what ever area you live in. I've never used it but have seem it many time.

As above see if you have a local Facebook selling group. I refurbish and sell PCs and Laptops on mine. They go well. Plus no fees and no buyers messing you about via ebay / paypal. As soon as they take posession, thats it. No comeback.

Avforums or ebay 1 pound listing fee. Not had any issues except once on ebay recently with a guy trying to knock money off after receiving it for an issue i already described.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. MSE collective energy deal coming to an end Autumn22
      2. how to record on line webinar or video from wesbite11
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1111
      4. Virgin Media phone/TV/internet contract cancelation11

See more discussions