A question about PC gaming coming from a console gamer.

Posted 4th Nov
I have a C9 OLED which has recently gotten the G-SYNC update to allow tear free gaming on PC connected to oled TV. my guestion is has anyone on HUKD tried PC gaming via there oled's? what interests me is playing games on ultra 1440p @ 120fps on oled with its incredible colour gumut and instant pixel response time. 0.1ms also if I was to do this I would game on Xbox controller as I'm naff on KB&M. and with more crossplay titles popping up shouldn't be an issue
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

3 Comments
Don't know about the TV, but if you cross to PC Gaming then get used to kb&m or you're seriously going to get hammered.... Only those who are mega good with a controller can outplay kB&m on shooters. Driving games and maybe FIFA stuff can be better with the controller.... Imho...
Pixel response time isn't a big deal because on any sample and hold screen (LCD, OLED but not Plasma & CRT) once you get down to a couple of milliseconds frame persistence takes over as a bigger factor.

If you want maximum motion smoothness then you want to be opting for backlight strobing/BFI rather than variable refresh rate - the two are incompatible.

Although I don't think there's currently any way to get 8MP@120hz from a PC to a TV. DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converters aren't out yet.

Also, Current WRGB OLED TVs are also fairly poor for colour gamut against high end LCD TVs, particularly at higher brightnesses.
EndlessWaves04/11/2019 19:58

Pixel response time isn't a big deal because on any sample and hold screen …Pixel response time isn't a big deal because on any sample and hold screen (LCD, OLED but not Plasma & CRT) once you get down to a couple of milliseconds frame persistence takes over as a bigger factor.If you want maximum motion smoothness then you want to be opting for backlight strobing/BFI rather than variable refresh rate - the two are incompatible. Although I don't think there's currently any way to get 8MP@120hz from a PC to a TV. DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.1 converters aren't out yet. Also, Current WRGB OLED TVs are also fairly poor for colour gamut against high end LCD TVs, particularly at higher brightnesses.

From what I've seen its 7 percent difference oled to QLED REC2020 colour space not mind blowing. oled has far many advantages over lcd. also I never said 4k @ 120 hz I said 1440p. I have a top end Sony XF9005 and C9 both tvs are great but C9 is a far better gaming tv
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants