a quick heating survey please (users and plumbers/heating engineers)

Found 8th Apr
hi fellow hukkers

was hoping i could do a quick survey and even advice from plumbers/heating engineers on the following:

what is the temp you have on your boiler for your central heating. i can keep my water temp and heating temp separate and was hoping people could kindly let me know what heating temp they have.

would especially find it useful if plumbers and heating engineers could chip in too. reason is im in the market for a number of radiators and want to make sure ive got all my facts correct before i press buy.

ive found some sites show a higher BTU on the main blurb but then on the tech specs, the BTU is lower at 50 degrees. speaking to a few companies, they said their btu numbers are based on the heating temp on the boiler being 60 degrees/ 65 degrees.

so yeah, any help from fellow users would be most welcome.
thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
I would suggest downloading the tech spec of your boiler and seeing what max temp it can heat the radiators at. Then go from there. The spec will also tell you what temps are what on the setting if it’s not in C and is say 1-6. It maybe the engineers manual or user manual depending on the manufacturer.

Also the BTU is helpful way of working out what you need to heat larger spaces, higher BTU = larger room. Google BTU guides for an indication on what size BTU you need to heat a room x size.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 9th Apr
Original Poster
cmdr_elito2 h, 49 m ago

I would suggest downloading the tech spec of your boiler and seeing what …I would suggest downloading the tech spec of your boiler and seeing what max temp it can heat the radiators at. Then go from there. The spec will also tell you what temps are what on the setting if it’s not in C and is say 1-6. It maybe the engineers manual or user manual depending on the manufacturer.Also the BTU is helpful way of working out what you need to heat larger spaces, higher BTU = larger room. Google BTU guides for an indication on what size BTU you need to heat a room x size.

Thanks for your response. I don't need to work out BTU's as that's already done. I just wanted to know what temp people kept their temp on for the CH on their boiler to get an idea of something I wanted to know.
60c
70c
EN1GMA2 h, 50 m ago

Thanks for your response. I don't need to work out BTU's as that's already …Thanks for your response. I don't need to work out BTU's as that's already done. I just wanted to know what temp people kept their temp on for the CH on their boiler to get an idea of something I wanted to know.

Mine goes up and down automatically depending on the heat required and outside temperature using a Nest thermostat
Hotter than the surface of the sun. My wife "feels" the cold.
paulj486 h, 43 m ago

Mine goes up and down automatically depending on the heat required and …Mine goes up and down automatically depending on the heat required and outside temperature using a Nest thermostat

A nest controls the thermostat temperature rather than the water temperature of the water inside your radiators.
cmdr_elito6 m ago

A nest controls the thermostat temperature rather than the water …A nest controls the thermostat temperature rather than the water temperature of the water inside your radiators.

That all depends on how you connect it, if you use the Opentherm connections with an Opentherm compatible boiler then it changes the water circuit temperature dependant on outside temperature and heat demand inside
Edited by: "paulj48" 9th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants