Groups
    EXPIRED

A Radio for the Kitchen

I am looking for a radio for the kitchen. It can't be DAB as we don't have digital here in Shetland - too far from London to matter!!

I would like something with a small depth footprint, so not a cube shape. Landscape if you know what I mean for stability.

I don't want a built in CD player, but a digital clock would be good.

It musn't be Sony - spits.

I have been looking at the Grundig World Receiver Portable Radio and the cheapest that I have found is Amazon UK - £45. It doesn't have to be this model but the price limit is £50 max.

It needs to be an online purchase.

The chances are that it will never be used on anything other than FM to be honest so I know that there are a lot cheaper alternatives.

6 Comments

I think you're best buying from Amazon as you can avoid postage costs and their radios are competively priced....if you have decided on the make and model I suggest you Google it just in case a cheaper price is revealed .

Original Poster

Bertt

Roberts good value here - seems to be what you … Roberts good value here - seems to be what you want...http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~ROB-R9999~dt~Portable+Audio~st~Portable+Radio~make~Roberts.htm

Thanks a lot Bertt - Just bought one :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Sadly Empire Stores are living down to their reputation.

After texting me to say that the radio would be with me on 6 Feb, I emailed them to chase it. They now tell me that they will despatch it today :whistling:

Original Poster

Bertt

Roberts good value here - seems to be what you … Roberts good value here - seems to be what you want...http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~ROB-R9999~dt~Portable+Audio~st~Portable+Radio~make~Roberts.htm

I received it some time ago and I have to say that it is brilliant Bertt. Thanks a lot.

It has a digital readout and even says goodbye when you switch it off !!

It auto-tunes to the best signals.

Empire Direct send you an unwanted catalogue so I just sent them a letter in their pre-paid envelope asking them to close the account.

Glad it worked out for you Andy - price has gone up again now if anyone follows this thread...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions