Groups
    EXPIRED

A ring from argos?

I am about to go to town, to see if I can get some nice, gold - diamond ring for my gf for valentines. I already got her some other gifts. So the budged for the ring is £50
    So far without leaving my home I have spot this one on the argos website.

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I dont know much about jewllery, is that ring any good ?

28 Comments

Personally i think it looks a bit cheap. Saying that, my engagement ring was £50 from argos 12 years ago.

Try this one for £59.99
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Or if thats a bit too much this one for £29.99 is nice

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Not sure what you mean by 'Any Good' - it's not quite the same as buying a tv..

If i were you, i would go and feel the quality and weight of a ring myself..

Oh, and that one you linked is out of stock for home delivery and store pickup

Buy her an xbox with the GAME gift card...

Original Poster

pinkkitty2007;7792868

Personally i think it looks a bit cheap. Saying that, my engagement ring … Personally i think it looks a bit cheap. Saying that, my engagement ring was £50 from argos 12 years ago.Try this one for £59.99http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2299723/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery+and+watches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7C15701260%7CRings%7C14416988/c_3/4%7Ccat_14416988%7CEngagement+rings%7C14416995.htmOr if thats a bit too much this one for £29.99 is nicehttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2326287/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery+and+watches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7C15701260%7CRings%7C14416988/c_3/4%7Ccat_14416988%7CDiamond+cluster+rings%7C14417011.htm

Not bad, but I perfer gold gold
    How did you react on the £50 engagement ring? Did he buy you a some fancy one later on?

jayjayuk1234;7792875

Not sure what you mean by 'Any Good' - it's not quite the same as buying … Not sure what you mean by 'Any Good' - it's not quite the same as buying a tv..If i were you, i would go and feel the quality and weight of a ring myself..Oh, and that one you linked is out of stock for home delivery and store pickup

I know its not like buying a tv. And surely I will see it before i buy it.
    I was wondering if thats genuine ring, not like the ones on BID TV 'very rare diamonds' rings for £80 that are worth next to nothing. :whistling:

Flodd;7792924

Buy her an xbox with the GAME gift card...

I would, but shes not into games. :thinking:

Buy her a DS with mind games

Unless you are planning to propose i'd stay away from buying a ring..... she might get the wrong idea :thumbsup:

mrsj2008;7793147

Unless you are planning to propose i'd stay away from buying a ring..... … Unless you are planning to propose i'd stay away from buying a ring..... she might get the wrong idea :thumbsup:

Yep, she will get the wrong idea, then she'll be disappointed and it'll be awkward! By her a rampant rabbit, she'll love you for it!

mrsj2008;7793147

Unless you are planning to propose i'd stay away from buying a ring..... … Unless you are planning to propose i'd stay away from buying a ring..... she might get the wrong idea :thumbsup:

I agree with this^^^^^^^^ Can u not buy her a necklace or earings instead??

mrsmaido;7793201

Yep, she will get the wrong idea, then she'll be disappointed and it'll … Yep, she will get the wrong idea, then she'll be disappointed and it'll be awkward! By her a rampant rabbit, she'll love you for it!

Or this ^^^^^ :lol:

mrsmaido;7793201

Yep, she will get the wrong idea, then she'll be disappointed and it'll … Yep, she will get the wrong idea, then she'll be disappointed and it'll be awkward! By her a rampant rabbit, she'll love you for it!

lol, defo!:whistling:

Juice;7793036

Not bad, but I perfer gold gold How did you react on the £50 … Not bad, but I perfer gold gold How did you react on the £50 engagement ring? Did he buy you a some fancy one later on

The £59.99 ring was white gold, the cheaper one was silver. I knew my OH was broke so i picked a cheap one £17.99 cubic zircona, a £49.99 diamond one and a £99.99 one so he could choose how much he wanted to spend. We never had much money so i never got a dearer one.

pinkkitty2007;7793328

The £59.99 ring was white gold, the cheaper one was silver. I knew my OH … The £59.99 ring was white gold, the cheaper one was silver. I knew my OH was broke so i picked a cheap one £17.99 cubic zircona, a £49.99 diamond one and a £99.99 one so he could choose how much he wanted to spend. We never had much money so i never got a dearer one.

Would you love the ring any more if it had cost £1000?

I know I wouldn't, it's the meaning behind the ring that would matter to me, not the price tag.

Agree with others, unless you're asking her to marry you, stay well clear of a ring.

Banned

pinkkitty2007;7792868

Personally i think it looks a bit cheap. Saying that, my engagement ring … Personally i think it looks a bit cheap. Saying that, my engagement ring was £50 from argos 12 years ago.Try this one for £59.99http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2299723/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery+and+watches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7C15701260%7CRings%7C14416988/c_3/4%7Ccat_14416988%7CEngagement+rings%7C14416995.htmOr if thats a bit too much this one for £29.99 is nicehttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2326287/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CJewellery+and+watches%7C14416987/c_2/3%7C15701260%7CRings%7C14416988/c_3/4%7Ccat_14416988%7CDiamond+cluster+rings%7C14417011.htm

£50 for engagement ring? That's not even a month's salary for someone on the dole!

That is really nice

Juice;7793135

I would love to buy her this one (if i sold the game gift card) … I would love to buy her this one (if i sold the game gift card) http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/8063176/[IMG]http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/image/Signet/8063176?$detail$[/IMG]

master_chief;7793707

£50 for engagement ring? That's not even a month's salary for someone on … £50 for engagement ring? That's not even a month's salary for someone on the dole!

And?

This ring is £150, still not a months salary for someone on the dole and I think it's gorgeous. it's not all about the price tag!

Juice;7793135

I would love to buy her this one (if i sold the game gift card) … I would love to buy her this one (if i sold the game gift card) http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/detail/R/8063176/[IMG]http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/image/Signet/8063176?$detail$[/IMG]

Banned

ChipSticks;7794160

And?This ring is £150, still not a months salary for someone on the dole … And?This ring is £150, still not a months salary for someone on the dole and I think it's gorgeous. it's not all about the price tag!

It's an engagement ring, don't tell me any girl ever spent their early years dreaming one day their boyfriend would buy them a £50 engagement ring from Argos?

master_chief;7794202

It's an engagement ring, don't tell me any girl ever spent their early … It's an engagement ring, don't tell me any girl ever spent their early years dreaming one day their boyfriend would buy them a £50 engagement ring from Argos?

I never dreamt about the price, I just dreamt about the guy giving me a ring because he loves me and wanted to show his commitment to me, maybe I'm just not that materialistic to worry about a price tag of something that should mean so much more.

master_chief;7794202

It's an engagement ring, don't tell me any girl ever spent their early … It's an engagement ring, don't tell me any girl ever spent their early years dreaming one day their boyfriend would buy them a £50 engagement ring from Argos?

I dont think its the money that counts, its the fact someone loves you enough to want to marry you in the first place! Well, thats my thought on it anyway.

Banned

pinkkitty2007;7794238

I dont think its the money that counts, its the fact someone loves you … I dont think its the money that counts, its the fact someone loves you enough to want to marry you in the first place! Well, thats my thought on it anyway.

Loved you enough to get a £50 engagement ring from Argos? It's not just the money no but it is supposed to be really special. I can just picture your guy asking which ring is the cheapest as he's there buying a cordless drill or something...

master_chief;7794279

Loved you enough to get a £50 engagement ring from Argos? It's not just … Loved you enough to get a £50 engagement ring from Argos? It's not just the money no but it is supposed to be really special. I can just picture your guy asking which ring is the cheapest as he's there buying a cordless drill or something...

we were 18 at the time although i still think it doesnt matter about the cost as long as it wasnt a plastic one out of a xmas cracker

Banned

pinkkitty2007;7794337

we were 18 at the time although i still think it doesnt matter about the … we were 18 at the time although i still think it doesnt matter about the cost as long as it wasnt a plastic one out of a xmas cracker

You realise that comment contradicts your previous one.

master_chief;7794365

You realise that comment contradicts your previous one.

How does it? I said i would have been happy with the £19.99 one, the £49.99 one or a £99.99 one and i was very happy to have gotten a £49.99 ring:?

Banned

pinkkitty2007;7794238

I dont think its the money that counts, its the fact someone loves you … I dont think its the money that counts, its the fact someone loves you enough to want to marry you in the first place! Well, thats my thought on it anyway.

pinkkitty2007;7794337

we were 18 at the time although i still think it doesnt matter about the … we were 18 at the time although i still think it doesnt matter about the cost as long as it wasnt a plastic one out of a xmas cracker

Money doesn't matter, it's just the fact someone wants to marry you yet you'll be damned if it's a plastic one or out of a xmas cracker...

master_chief;7794419

Money doesn't matter, it's just the fact someone wants to marry you yet … Money doesn't matter, it's just the fact someone wants to marry you yet you'll be damned if it's a plastic one or out of a xmas cracker...

I meant that it doesnt have ot cost a months salary like everyone seems to be going on about. Mind you, if Peter Andre asked me to marry him with a xmas cracker ring i would be in there;-)

master_chief;7794279

Loved you enough to get a £50 engagement ring from Argos? It's not just … Loved you enough to get a £50 engagement ring from Argos? It's not just the money no but it is supposed to be really special. I can just picture your guy asking which ring is the cheapest as he's there buying a cordless drill or something...

Why do you care so much? If pinkkitty was happy with her ring, as I would have been, what does it matter to you?

Not many people have a months salary that is disposable income and if we did, I'd rather go on holiday or something. I'm with pinkkitty, I would be happy with what the ring meant, not how expensive it was.

Ok my fiance spent a fair bit on my ring BUT I didn't ask for that and didn't even know he was planning on proposing.
    You may think im just saying this but I assure you im not... here goes...
    Id have been happy with a very cheap ring because like chipsticks and pink kitty have said its the thought that counts, the meaning behind the ring NOT the actual ring.
    I love the thought of being his wife and spending the rest of my life with him, surely that doesn't all rest on how expensive the ring is!

Also isn't how they propose important? more important than the cost of the ring

A few things I'd bear in mind - white gold is quite soft, so won't necesarily last 60 years. Silver will dent as well.
    My opinion is that the girl has to have this ring on her finger for the rest of her life, so I'd propose and then go ring shopping together so she gets exactly what she wants, plus it'll be really exciting and romantic.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband45
    2. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)33
    3. Ditched Sky1012
    4. Ap on iPhone ios1122

See more discussions