A scam or has Sony/Microsoft lost a truck full of games?

Found 4th Dec 2015
£17 Fifa 16 physical copy

ebay.co.uk/itm…609?hash=item3f58519689:g:KLUAAOSw8-tWX93t

£19.99 Rainbow Six Siege physical copy

ebay.co.uk/itm…331?hash=item41a10d3423:g:XREAAOSwbdpWYCaH

£19.99 Star Wars Battlefront physical copy

ebay.co.uk/itm…545?hash=item41a10d3111:g:byMAAOSwbdpWYACG

surely must be a scam?, there is no positive feedback as of yet for these items, but the item have only been listed.

Whats your guys opinion?

65 Comments

seller deals in copies

That is very strange. There has to be a catch. I don't think that price even covers the wholesale cost of a game. They'd end up with about £15 per game. Even on dodgy imports I can't see that covering the cost. And if they are stolen it's pretty blatant selling so many so cheap. I don't like that it's not listed in the right category, and doesn't state specifically which console it's for, but asks you to say which you want. Still I suppose ebay would see your choice so there would be a record of it.

can always claim money back through ebay if it is a con

History of low value sales, and then suddenly cheap, more expensive items? By all mean buy, as you're 100% covered, but there's still a risk that you're enabling the seller to gain from fraudulent "sales" (if EBay unable to get funds back off them). I'm not willing to give them the opportunity.

Thousands of pounds of sales in last few days with no feedback left...
Edited by: "eayragt" 4th Dec 2015

Seems like the seller has been an eBay member since 2010. I haven't seen fifa 16 for sale at this price anywhere.
The seller accepts PayPal so your money is guaranteed!.
I might give it a go, an early Christmas present for myself

quick only 14 fallout 4's left
£209 quids near on
resell cex for £448
as if this is real

Come on guys!!
Too good to be true, always is!!

feedback suggests copies. Ive took a punt on fallout 4 as money back wont be an issue

Gave it a go.

Feedback in November states a buyer received a 'copy'.

Is there a chance Microsoft will ban your console if you use copies in it?

LtfdTony

Is there a chance Microsoft will ban your console if you use copies in it?

No, as it won't play copies.

Looks well dodgy!! As Amis said.. To good to be true!

But u can't get copy ps4 games?

I gave it a go as well. Money-back guarantee saved my **** three times in four months already. One was not Seller's mistake, others were scam. Is it just me imagining things or ebay is getting worse nowadays?
That one negative feedback for the guy was about a PC game (a collection of 150, actually) so it is irrelephant.

Scam, I assume. Or more like a social experiment. I bought some of each, anyways. At least I don't spend my money while it is with that guy. Good tactics, you should try it.

Worth to try, I bought R6: Siege for XOne.

Why anyone would waste their time with this is beyond me

Blimey, even im considering having a go.

C00L

I gave it a go as well. Money-back guarantee saved my **** three times in … I gave it a go as well. Money-back guarantee saved my **** three times in four months already. One was not Seller's mistake, others were scam. Is it just me imagining things or ebay is getting worse nowadays?That one negative feedback for the guy was about a PC game (a collection of 150, actually) so it is irrelephant.Scam, I assume. Or more like a social experiment. I bought some of each, anyways. At least I don't spend my money while it is with that guy. Good tactics, you should try it.

http://s28.postimg.org/iz479pkzh/image.jpg

I've ordered Battlefront via PayPal. If it doesn't come, immediate refund so no biggie

LetoKynes

Why anyone would waste their time with this is beyond me

But it's as easy as clicking buy now.

I have paypal set up to pay, then me pay in 14days. If nothing turns up, nothing negative happens to me. So there is really nothing to lose!

benjammin316

But it's as easy as clicking buy now.I have paypal set up to pay, then me … But it's as easy as clicking buy now.I have paypal set up to pay, then me pay in 14days. If nothing turns up, nothing negative happens to me. So there is really nothing to lose!

It's not quite simple as that. You get your money back now, fine.

EBay / Paypal end up thousands of pounds out of pocket (seller has sold thousands of pounds in last few days). If they get it back off the seller, all well and good. If they don't, guess who pays it - that's right, you and me and all other users in fees. Then fees go up, and then we all moan.

So, purchasing obvious scams helps keep EBay / Paypal fees up. And puts money in scammers pockets.

This is why I don't purchase obvious scams, even though I'm 100% covered.

eayragt

It's not quite simple as that. You get your money back now, fine.EBay / … It's not quite simple as that. You get your money back now, fine.EBay / Paypal end up thousands of pounds out of pocket (seller has sold thousands of pounds in last few days). If they get it back off the seller, all well and good. If they don't, guess who pays it - that's right, you and me and all other users in fees. Then fees go up, and then we all moan.So, purchasing obvious scams helps keep EBay / Paypal fees up. And puts money in scammers pockets.This is why I don't purchase obvious scams, even though I'm 100% covered.

Eh, I'm not losing.

only 2 fallouts left
is that 2 ps3's
or2 xbox
or is it 1 of each
Edited by: "nobby91010" 4th Dec 2015

eayragt

It's not quite simple as that. You get your money back now, fine.EBay / … It's not quite simple as that. You get your money back now, fine.EBay / Paypal end up thousands of pounds out of pocket (seller has sold thousands of pounds in last few days). If they get it back off the seller, all well and good. If they don't, guess who pays it - that's right, you and me and all other users in fees. Then fees go up, and then we all moan.So, purchasing obvious scams helps keep EBay / Paypal fees up. And puts money in scammers pockets.This is why I don't purchase obvious scams, even though I'm 100% covered.

Do you think eBay/ PayPal would ever lower fees? I mean long term not just a promo thing for a weekend. Nope!

ndksamb

Do you think eBay/ PayPal would ever lower fees? I mean long term not … Do you think eBay/ PayPal would ever lower fees? I mean long term not just a promo thing for a weekend. Nope!

No. But I think they'll put them up.

eayragt

They'd put them up regardless, look at how greedy they are even charging a % on postage costs.

ndksamb

They'd put them up regardless, look at how greedy they are even charging … They'd put them up regardless, look at how greedy they are even charging a % on postage costs.

Is that putting them up regardless, or putting them up to cover scam loses / investigations / civil action?

considering the sellers has only ever sold (well 98% of listings) free / 0.01p steam code value software in the past and is suddenly selling a hundred odd PS4/XBOX games at massive discounts

all this ' i will have a go at this price anyway ' : is why we still get scam tards like this in the first place ( they can runoff with the cash as long as they are fine with all accounts being banned and paypal/ebay cover the buyer fully ) so all we are doing is feeding them......

i see a couple of people thinking 'must be copys' : but the value of actual code-legit-running ps4/xbox copy ON DISC would be worth 10s/thousands atm instead :P
Edited by: "Velete" 4th Dec 2015

I'd assumed paypal hold money for a period in these types of scenarios but I remember they let me withdraw about £600 from my ebay sales about a week after they sold. So if you're prepared to destroy your credit rating and risk legal action it's a valid scam. Sell 10k of **** and withdraw all the funds then disappear. I'm intrigued to know what happens for the people who purchased, please update us. Pretty sure you're not going to receive anything, and be made to wait 2 weeks for your refund with no response from seller.

I know it's not the best attitude, but mate... If I don't buy it, someone else does. BELIEVE ME, someone else DOES! It is ebay! Don't try to blame me because of the scammers. Don't take my right to be naive from me. Who do you think you are to judge me?! You, you flawless god... I guess you are into politics or football. I'm not, but I have other flaws. Mortal, you are, as myself.
Prices are going up regardless. It's a business. An investment cow and everyone wants to overmilk it.

Again, don't try to blame me. They take 10% of the purchases! 10%. Just for being a transfer medium and a telesales centre. Nothing extra, because if you want any extra, you have to pay moarrr. Ahh, and paypal is preferred everywhere. But hey, they take 3,4% of EVERY transfers. Ahh, PLUS 20p. I almost forgot because it sounds ridiculously worthless. Well, it is not. I bet they earn more a day from those 20ps than I'd do in 100 years. So, from all that money they can feed as many troll families as we push in front of them.

And I have the right to believe in humans. If I had an opportunity to sell new games for half price, I would do it. For the sake of making unknown people happy. Because I think everything is overpriced. Everyone is struggling because they have to decide if they want to spend 40 on a game that has been the same for 5-10 years, only with a _bit_ better graphics. For 40-50 quid! Okay, Fallout 4 did something what I love now but they had lots of years to do that. BattleFront is a reskinned BattleField as they say. Rainbow Six... well, that is getting tactical which is pretty cool. But still, every single one of them is overpriced. I got my Fallout 4 digital copy for PC on sale for around 25. Now that's a good deal.

So as I would give it for half price, someone else could do that. You, my friends who also searched google for this topic even if you found it an obvious scam and came here only to troll us, are logic'd.

benjam1n

I'd assumed paypal hold money for a period in these types of scenarios … I'd assumed paypal hold money for a period in these types of scenarios but I remember they let me withdraw about £600 from my ebay sales about a week after they sold. So if you're prepared to destroy your credit rating and risk legal action it's a valid scam. Sell 10k of **** and withdraw all the funds then disappear. I'm intrigued to know what happens for the people who purchased, please update us. Pretty sure you're not going to receive anything, and be made to wait 2 weeks for your refund with no response from seller.

I'll keep this updated!

Hopefully with a pic of the game X)

Ebay guarantee does NOT cover software, being caught out before and they refused to refund, lost loads. IF IN DOUBT DO NOT BUY unless your willing to take a loss.

eayragt

Who cares, their business model over the past 10+ years has been to steadily increase the fees for lower level sellers, and to reward large volume sellers with discounts. All they want is the large volume sellers and to squeeze out the person that sells the odd thing. So the fact they may lose out a few quid here does not bother me in the slightest, and it won't change their policy on fees.

googley2

Ebay guarantee does NOT cover software, being caught out before and they … Ebay guarantee does NOT cover software, being caught out before and they refused to refund, lost loads. IF IN DOUBT DO NOT BUY unless your willing to take a loss.

I think you are getting confused with"Digital Content", which is not a physical disc. Per ebay's Money Back Guarantee page:

What's covered
Most transactions on eBay.co.uk are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Allowed/Covered
Purchases are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee when all of the following are true:
An item isn’t received or it isn’t as described in the listing.
A buyer reports that they didn't receive an item or requests a return within the eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines.
The purchases were made on eBay.co.uk with PayPal via checkout or an eBay invoice.
The items were paid for in a single payment.

Not Allowed/Not Covered
Buyer’s remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn't as described in the listing (see the seller’s returns policy for returns options)
Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
Items sent to another address after original delivery, or
Vehicles, Real Estate, Business & Websites for Sale, Digital Content, Intangible Goods, Classified Ads, Services and some Business Equipment categories.

googley2

Ebay guarantee does NOT cover software, being caught out before and they … Ebay guarantee does NOT cover software, being caught out before and they refused to refund, lost loads. IF IN DOUBT DO NOT BUY unless your willing to take a loss.

You seem to be in doubt, so steer clear of eBay all together mate until you know the rules

Original Poster

any body received theirs yet?

hasj2

any body received theirs yet?

This was only posted yesterday morning, so if it does work out, it'll take longer than a day.

Delivery is listed as Economy Collect+, 5-7 days.

Not looking good for those that ordered, 2 most recent feedback

Negative feedback rating
Have still not received this and had no contact With seller please don t buy
Buyer: n***s
Xbox One Or Ps4] Brand New Sealed Fallout 4 - Disk Version (#281871260591) £19.99

Negative feedback rating
Not received the game. Not responded. Beware.
Buyer: b***e
Reply by heil_hand (05-Dec-15 20:38):
Tracking info is on paypal saying delivered
[ PS4 + XBOX ONE ] FALLOUT 4 - BARGAIN PRICE (#281873393906)
£19.99
Best Offer price was accepted This item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions