Expired

A secret millionaire in Gateshead ?????

33 replies
Found 15th Nov 2008
The first £1m object has been valued on the Antiques Roadshow - but the item is being kept a closely-guarded secret until broadcast.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
33 Comments

Original Poster

cheers, have set my Sky+

Guessing it will be a piece of Art.

ajay87;3472367

no, its going to be a snuff box:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I'm still waiting for an old person to keel over........or pee their pants :oops:

The looks of disappointment will have to suffice lol

Not related, but very funny

uk.youtube.com/wat…SPU

Original Poster

ajay87;3472367

skusey;3472388

no, its going to be a snuff box:thumbsup:

a book I reckon.......:thumbsup:

a book, in gateshead? They would struggle to read wheres spot round that way

Paddy_o_furniture;3472473

a book, in gateshead? They would struggle to read wheres spot round that … a book, in gateshead? They would struggle to read wheres spot round that way

Hey, i live in Gateshead :x

hypnoticstate;3472494

Hey, i live in Gateshead :x

You sure? You must be like a god round there having internet and electricity and that.

Just messing, most of Gateshead is ok

Paddy_o_furniture;3472510

You sure? You must be like a god round there having internet and … You sure? You must be like a god round there having internet and electricity and that. at least they have a half decent footie team (apart from a s*** manager)Just messing, most of Gateshead is ok

I reckon it'll be a Wii Fit or a chav who's not on benefits.

Both of those items are particularly rare these days.

they might not have been from Gateshead anyway lol. Might have been from the surrounding regions.

Paddy_o_furniture;3472510

You sure? You must be like a god round there having internet and … You sure? You must be like a god round there having internet and electricity and that. Just messing, most of Gateshead is ok

When was the last time you were in Gateshead? 20 years ago? I love Newcastle and Gateshead, in fact i see them (as most do) as one in the same place so don't go dissin yourself.

Scumderland, I mean sunderland is within earshot, let's insult them instead. :thumbsup:

bellabonkers;3472530

they might not have been from Gateshead anyway lol. Might have been from … they might not have been from Gateshead anyway lol. Might have been from the surrounding regions.

Perhaps it's a scouser with a Vintage Shell suit

hypnoticstate;3472534

When was the last time you were in Gateshead? 20 years ago? I love … When was the last time you were in Gateshead? 20 years ago? I love Newcastle and Gateshead, in fact i see them (as most do) as one in the same place so don't go dissin yourself.Scumderland, I mean sunderland is within earshot, let's insult them instead. :thumbsup:

I goto Gateshead every week, low fell (Valley Drive)

Paddy_o_furniture;3472544

My aunty and Uncle live on Valley Drive

My cousin does

hypnoticstate;3472534

When was the last time you were in Gateshead? 20 years ago? I love … When was the last time you were in Gateshead? 20 years ago? I love Newcastle and Gateshead, in fact i see them (as most do) as one in the same place so don't go dissin yourself.Scumderland, I mean sunderland is within earshot, let's insult them instead. :thumbsup:

thats been the blinkin council trying to lift Gatesheads profile by referring it to Newcastle Gateshead...thay are different cities and it buggs me that they do it.

Paddy_o_furniture;3472544

hypnoticstate;3472550

My aunty and Uncle live on Valley Drive

Paddy_o_furniture;3472554

My cousin does

OMG - this is where we find out you are related lol

bellabonkers;3472606

OMG - this is where we find out you are related lol

LOL

Original Poster

Clue ]here to object.........spoiler alert if you intend to watch the show

its that bloody "angel of the north" i bet someone's nicked it and is trying to fence it

Original Poster

show now on bbc 1

Original Poster

wolf359;3473208

its that bloody "angel of the north" i bet someone's nicked it and is … its that bloody "angel of the north" i bet someone's nicked it and is trying to fence it

you were right :w00t:

Supermod

I feel cheated!!

Original Poster

magicjay1986;3481805

I feel cheated!!

yeah....carp, off to drown my sorrows in curry sauce :x

Supermod

choc1969;3481813

yeah....carp, off to drown my sorrows in curry sauce :x

:x

choc1969;3481786

you were right :w00t:

well.... almost

What was it, I never watched it. Saw the Pint glass, was it that????!!!!

nope, it was a minature of the angel of the north, a piece created to get the commision for the main model. Was really hoping it was an item belonging to someone.

bazzaric;3488776

nope, it was a minature of the angel of the north, a piece created to get … nope, it was a minature of the angel of the north, a piece created to get the commision for the main model. Was really hoping it was an item belonging to someone.

What a rip off,how much is the proper angel worth then?
I have a Mini St James park, you can't see the pitch on it very well but surely that should add to the value.

They also got it wrong....it took 5 men to 'wheel' it in...not lift it! lol.
I was very disappointed tho!

Banned

I thought an item had to be 100 years old to be an antique
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options78
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person623
    3. Flowers for anniversary44
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?33

See more discussions