A serious question for the serious miscer's out there...

41 replies
Found 16th Dec 2009
If you had no job at the moment and no career plans - what would you do with a cheque for £20,000?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
40 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Put it in the bank. :thumbsup:

Banned

[COLOR="Navy"]I suspect the majority of the forum will be able to relate to this question.

I'll get back to you when I've thought it through, but I'd probably grab a high class prostitute and see what it got me.[/COLOR]

Banned

give it to D_C:santa:

vibeone;7244235

[COLOR="Navy"]I suspect the majority of the forum will be able to relate … [COLOR="Navy"]I suspect the majority of the forum will be able to relate to this question.I'll get back to you when I've thought it through, but I'd probably grab a high class prostitute[COLOR="Black"] and [/COLOR][COLOR="black"]see what it got me[/COLOR].[/COLOR]

An STD :?

Banned

vibeone;7244235

[COLOR="Navy"]I suspect the majority of the forum will be able to relate … [COLOR="Navy"]I suspect the majority of the forum will be able to relate to this question.I'll get back to you when I've thought it through, but I'd probably grab a high class prostitute and see what it got me.[/COLOR]

your not old enough yet :stocking:

no career plans? how bout using some for a course or 2 ??

have a big party:thumbsup:

Banned

dog_cop;7244255

your not old enough yet :stocking:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]In that case you best get on the radio to call a real copper :P

PS.: Are these your friends? youtube.com/wat…bro [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Original Poster

loupomm;7244274

no career plans? how bout using some for a course or 2 ??

This is what I've been thinking about, but I would still be trying for a part-time job to steady the cash flow.

Its just a bad time to be looking for any kind of work :?

travel round the world :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable;7244227

Put it in the bank. :thumbsup:

I was thinking about putting £15,000 in a savings account with decent interest and then £5,000 into my main account for everyday life.

Banned

vibeone;7244284

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]In that case you best get … [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]In that case you best get on the radio to call a real copper :PPS.: Are these your friends? http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=GAs4gZY1bro [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

http://smiliesftw.com/x/pity.gif

Banned

dog_cop;7244245

give it to D_C:santa:

I agree - give it to charity/needy.

Original Poster

airey;7244297

travel round the world :thumbsup:

This I would be very interested in doing, but wouldn't wanna go alone really, plus, my life isn't really top notch so that needs fixing first. :thumbsup:

definately put some away. I blew my inheritance from a grandparent by putting it in my general account and just spending without thinking. Forget it exists, or do what they said on Real Deal, buy gold and put it under the bed as the price keeps rising.lol

I would blow however much would be necessary in order to continue/ or to claim benefits! cos if you had no job or career plans and suddenly came into 20 grand you really wouldnt have a choice on what to do with it. You would have to use it to live on I think.

20,000 lottery tickets........probably a waste i guess.

I would put it on my morgage, or use it to open a small business

pay for my electricians course

i think everyone is missing the obvious answer, spend it on here!

i would pay pills and upfront rent etc keep a couple of grand in bank to live off while looking 4 a job then save the rest for a deposit on house when back in work

I'm assuming you got the cheque by legal means.

I do believe it would affect any means tested benefits you may be receiving but you'll need to check on that.

So you'll need to think about living expenses.

I'd put some in an ISA and not touch it for a few years xx

Hope this helps xx

I'd use it to become a franchisee at McDonald's or Subway.

I think it all depends on your current status..I.e whether your married or single kids ,Mortgage etc..So no job at the moment, all the best decisions are made when your chilled out no stress..I would find myself a reasonably priced holiday nothing over the top but somewhere hot with beach and a bar..Sit around that and watch this mad world go by for a couple of days,then think about the money..I find all my best decisions are made whilst im on holiday..Just my thoughts hope this helps...

Original Poster

blondemoment;7245847

I think it all depends on your current status..I.e whether your married … I think it all depends on your current status..I.e whether your married or single kids ,Mortgage etc..So no job at the moment, all the best decisions are made when your chilled out no stress..I would find myself a reasonably priced holiday nothing over the top but somewhere hot with beach and a bar..Sit around that and watch this mad world go by for a couple of days,then think about the money..I find all my best decisions are made whilst im on holiday..Just my thoughts hope this helps...

Nahh, no big things like kids or mortgages to sort. I refuse to go on any kind of benefits as I haven't needed them and now won't. Going on a nice holiday does sound like a really good idea, been a really crap 2009 so maybe to start 2010 off with a bang, having a chilled out holiday.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

Remember £20,000 isn't as much as it sounds as doesn't go far so be wise and don't waste it.

OP, firstly i'd check it it could bounce back to me by throwing it.......where did you get the 20k from?

Original Poster

transit;7246080

OP, firstly i'd check it it could bounce back to me by throwing … OP, firstly i'd check it it could bounce back to me by throwing it.......where did you get the 20k from?

I got injured in the Army, so they have paid out for my injuries. It won't bounce, not from the MOD.

Meadsy4742;7247008

I got injured in the Army, so they have paid out for my injuries. It … I got injured in the Army, so they have paid out for my injuries. It won't bounce, not from the MOD.

wow, I thought it was just a hypothetical question. Hope you get better :thumbsup:

Meadsy4742;7244303

I was thinking about putting £15,000 in a savings account with decent … I was thinking about putting £15,000 in a savings account with decent interest and then £5,000 into my main account for everyday life.

This your pay out? Congrats, just enjoy it mate

Original Poster

hdizzle;7247030

wow, I thought it was just a hypothetical question. Hope you get better … wow, I thought it was just a hypothetical question. Hope you get better :thumbsup:

Cheers mate.

No amount of money on earth can soothe the pain of me losing my dream career - to hell with the injury lol.

Meadsy4742;7247008

I got injured in the Army, so they have paid out for my injuries. It … I got injured in the Army, so they have paid out for my injuries. It won't bounce, not from the MOD.

good luck with whatever you decide to spend it on :thumbsup:

Original Poster

transit;7248967

good luck with whatever you decide to spend it on :thumbsup:

Cheers - one thing for sure is its gonna get me driving - pass my test and get myself a car so that will change my life for the better.

You sure it won't bounce? They got alot of choppers to pay for somehow. Well besides stripping the RAF bare

best of luck to you, deserve every penny.

put it on red

srs

i'd stick it in the bank, live off it for a year and make a **** load of music. then if i don't make my millions i'll get a job!

nickw90;7244902

I'd use it to become a franchisee at McDonald's or Subway.

£20k isn't enough

whoops double post

i would give some to my family, maybe like £7k then i'd put the rest in a bank account for when i finished university so i could be debt free
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Money Saving Tips...2341
    2. Which wall design do you like best?89
    3. word association Game74244939
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901

See more discussions