A Singapore Post question

Found 3rd Feb
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any insights.

I bought an item from Gearbest ( boohiss from certain members of the audience ) on the 21st Dec to be delivered by registered airmail.

I realise that being the Christmas period it would take a little extra time but was pleased to see it had been "Dispatched overseas" on the 29th Dec which I thought wasn't too bad!

Now bearing in mind that it is supposedly airmail I was expecting it to turn up in the UK in a couple of days. No such luck.

It finally turned up on the 27th January and now again it's all gone silent is this usual?

The following is the tracking info I have so far, Gearbest seem to use 4PX who in turn use Singapore Post which is why I have 2 tracking numbers,

TRACKING NUMBER: RFXXXXXXXXXSG

In Transit

Singapore Singapore Post
TO
United Kingdom Royal Mail

2018-01-27 03:53 Arrival at Destination Post (Country: GB)

Destination Country : United Kingdom Origin Country : Singapore -
Cache time: 2018-02-02 18:51:54(GMT)

2018-01-27 03:53 Arrival at Destination Post (Country: GB)

2017-12-29 18:35 Despatched to overseas (Country code: GB)

TRACKING NUMBER: 4XXXXXXXXXXX1

In Transit

China4PX
TO
United Kingdom

2018-01-27 03:53 Reach destination delivery station.

Destination Country : United Kingdom Origin Country : China -
Cache time: 2018-02-02 18:51:53(GMT)

2018-01-27 03:53 Reach destination delivery station.

2017-12-29 18:35 GBLAL, Arrive at transit airport.

2017-12-28 10:50 HONG KONG - HONG KONG, Depart from facility

2017-12-26 12:45 Service provider received shipment information .

2017-12-26 11:35 HONG KONG - HONG KONG, Shipment operation completed

2017-12-26 11:35 HONG KONG - HONG KONG, Shipment arrived at facility and measured.

A month to put the item on a plane seems a bit ridiculous, I worked out the average speed of the package as less than 7mph so far and decreasing by the day.

I'd be very grateful for any insights that anyone can give to what seems to be bizarre tracking info.

I assume that I'm now in the hands of customs and whenever they pull their fingers out of wherever, which wouldn't have been so bad if Singpost had dispatched in a timely manner, unless they are actually sending airmail via surface and lying to their customers.

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I love the fact you assume that airmail is put on a plane straight to its destination. It isn’t, it may fly from one place to another, to another, to another, to another, to another, to another, to another, to another and then it might end up in the correct country and goes into customs where they will hold it for as long as they feel like.
Original Poster
cmdr_elito17 m ago

I love the fact you assume that airmail is put on a plane straight to its …I love the fact you assume that airmail is put on a plane straight to its destination. It isn’t, it may fly from one place to another, to another, to another, to another, to another, to another, to another, to another and then it might end up in the correct country and goes into customs where they will hold it for as long as they feel like.

Appreciate the reply, but 30 days just to get to the UK seems excessive as it's not even including the UK customs.
Had stuff sent before and the dispatch from and then receive in the UK usually takes a couple of days.
Searched online and have seen various other Singpost tracking numbers where the package is dispatched and received in the UK the next day.
The last 7 days from the 27th Jan I assume are awaiting customs inspection which is fair enough they don't have any control of that.
You just have to wait. End
It prob Royal Mail side. Short staff and they deliver when they want. I’ve had lots of parcels go missing since Christmas and all they do is give reference number
I think stuff sent via normal post is just not priority so it wasn't put on a plane for ages.

I sent stuff via RM to my sister in Italy and it's supposed to take 5 days max and it took two weeks... Normal post isn't their priority to send quickly. Everywhere it seems.
Edited by: "hearts22" 3rd Feb
Parcel/packet post can take up to 60 days.
Contact the supplier, they should be able to supply you with where your item is via tracking, or just tell that you haven't had the item delivered that you purchased.
There are several possibilities from my experience:-

1. Item arrived 2017-12-29 18:35 GBLAL, Arrive at transit airport ,and then got lost
2. Item arrived 2017-12-29 18:35 GBLAL, Arrive at transit airport. but waiting to fill up a specific contracted air freight container or pallet or waiting for other prioriy load and heavy traffic.
3. Some process error that meant your item did not get loaded up earlier

Option 2 is most likely for DX, AliExpress etc.. Additionally in December and January...you are peaking at shipping traffic because it is Chinese New Year mid February. This means lots of shipments overseas for shops to sell for Chinese New Year.

Edit:
Singapore Post is a commerce logistics service operating in HK (port).
Edited by: "splender" 3rd Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants