Groups

A Sky+ Multiroom Related Question

Hi all, just wondering if someone with a bit of Sky set up knowledge could answer this one for me please:

I currently have Sky+ downstairs and a regular Sky box(originally wired up for multiroom) upstairs. I am now going to put a Sky HD box downstairs, would I be able to move the Sky+ box upstairs to record the regular free to air channels?

Thanks for reading,

Steveo.

9 Comments

yes but you'd ideally need an extra cable running to the box so you can watch and record at the same time

edit, no, you'd need multiroom to enable recording

Edited by: "ctuk" 20th Mar 2011

Original Poster

Okay, thanks for that, so I can't even record and watch the same channel at the same time?

Afraid not mate, you need a subscription (any value) to be able to record anything at all.

Original Poster

MANJ_007

Afraid not mate, you need a subscription (any value) to be able to record … Afraid not mate, you need a subscription (any value) to be able to record anything at all.

I do have a subscription for downstairs, so that wouldn't be good enough?
    Edited by: "Happysteveo" 20th Mar 2011

Nope, unless you pay £10 for multiroom then you will have all channels from downstairs too

Original Poster

Okay, cool. Cheers for that.

There are many forums that discuss using a Sky+ that is no longer on a contract. Many have had successs in missing the 'kill code' which is the update information sent to your box. You have to leave it unconnected for three months though as Sky send the update signal a few times for up to three months.
    I have never done it and can't comment on it's success, but you may want to google it or give it a go.

Theres nothing to give a go at if its a normal sky box. He would have had to have already had sky+ multiroom to avoid the kill code which based on the OP i dont think he has.

monkey_whiskers

There are many forums that discuss using a Sky+ that is no longer on a … There are many forums that discuss using a Sky+ that is no longer on a contract. Many have had successs in missing the 'kill code' which is the update information sent to your box. You have to leave it unconnected for three months though as Sky send the update signal a few times for up to three months.I have never done it and can't comment on it's success, but you may want to google it or give it a go.

Original Poster

I did have multiroom to begin with but not any more.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?44
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News66

See more discussions