Expired

A warning about car plan flash dash product

19 replies
Found 30th May 2010
I recently bought the flash dash product from car plan (image below). You wipe it on your dash and it's meant clean it. Well it's ruined my dash completely. Nowhere on it does it say it will stain the dash. But that's what it's done. I'm really upset as my car is brand new and cos alot on money. I emailed them and all they said is sorry try window cleaner to get it off. I've tried this with no luck. I'm warning you all about the product.
I will be taking the case further and hopefully to court for them to fix my dash.

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
19 Comments

Original Poster

http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll363/lincolnsmom_2008/cb9e15fb.jpg

I dont know the product myself, but with any cleaning product you should try a small amount in a inconspicuous area first, just to see if any problems develop.

richp;8724272

I dont know the product myself, but with any cleaning product you should … I dont know the product myself, but with any cleaning product you should try a small amount in a inconspicuous area first, just to see if any problems develop.

+1 I think the instructions say this too. I've used this myself and never noticed any problems

I've used this on my car for ages and never had a problem with it, leaves a lovely shine on my dash. When you say it's ruined it, what exactly has it done to it?

Pics please.

i use baby wipes, brilliant!

We need pics

Banned

richp;8724272

I dont know the product myself, but with any cleaning product you should … I dont know the product myself, but with any cleaning product you should try a small amount in a inconspicuous area first, just to see if any problems develop.

This ^^^^^

Which will be stated on the instructions

Which means you don't have a leg to stand on in court

warm water and a microfibre cloth is all you need

Banned

ive always just used a duster and a bit of mr sheen myself, not much, just a bit on the cloth

the question is how the op can get the stain of their dashboard, as this stuff is clear, i can only assume there are streaks of silicon (probably the base of the product) against the matt of the original finish, so i cant see why window cleaner didnt remove all traces of it

I will be taking the case further and hopefully to court for them to fix … I will be taking the case further and hopefully to court for them to fix my dash.

LOL no you wont, did you read the instructions and test a small area ?

Im sure a car valeter will have some fancy product to get it back to normal

Banned

junkenstein73;8725557

warm water and a microfibre cloth is all you need

agree with that i hate a shiny dash,used this method for years on all the new cars ive had.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

It doesn't say to test a small part. Anyway thanks for all your usless replies (apart from a couple). All I wanted to do was provent anyone from ruining there cars but carry on! After all the nasty replies off some of members on here I should have known most of them deserve it.
And yes I will take it to court and already have a case with trading standards!

Original Poster

Please close this thread mods! Thank you

Banned

in after tears and in b4 lockdown

lincolnsmommy;8726209

It doesn't say to test a small part. Anyway thanks for all your usless … It doesn't say to test a small part. Anyway thanks for all your usless replies (apart from a couple). All I wanted to do was provent anyone from ruining there cars but carry on! After all the nasty replies off some of members on here I should have known most of them deserve it.And yes I will take it to court and already have a case with trading standards!

What nasty replies? All the replies seem to the point to me, can't see anything that could be considered 'nasty'. Regardless, good luck in your court action (and any counter-action the company might choose to make.... :whistling:)

Like i say go to a car valeters they will have some stuff to sort it out and will take 5 mins to do

lincolnsmommy;8726209

It doesn't say to test a small part. Anyway thanks for all your usless … It doesn't say to test a small part. Anyway thanks for all your usless replies (apart from a couple). All I wanted to do was provent anyone from ruining there cars but carry on! After all the nasty replies off some of members on here I should have known most of them deserve it.And yes I will take it to court and already have a case with trading standards!

Tbh i dont think anyone was actually being nasty.........

Take the car for a valet, they will sort it :thumbsup:

Banned

transit;8726429

Tbh i dont think anyone was actually being nasty.........Take the car for … Tbh i dont think anyone was actually being nasty.........Take the car for a valet, they will sort it :thumbsup:

transit you are always nasty...............................; )

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Is this junction box wired properly??814
  2. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?34
  3. Do councils provide data when using a Data Collection company?67
  4. Foo fighters presale code.2222

See more discussions