Groups

A wee quiz for a Friday

Whoever answers the question correctly can follow up with another. I'll Start with this one

You have a barrel of oil, and you need to measure out just one gallon. How do you do this if you only have a three-gallon container and a five-gallon container?

Ensure that you quote the question when answering.

Good Luck

39 Comments

You have a barrel of oil, and you need to measure out just one gallon. How do you do this if you only have a three-gallon container and a five-gallon container?

Fill the 3-gallon container with oil and pour it into the 5-gallon container. Then fill the 3-gallon container again and use it to fill the 5-gallon container the rest of the way. One gallon will be left in the 3-gallon container.

3 g container full poor into 5 gallon. do this again, then you will be left with 1 g in your 3 g container.

How did Mark legally marry three women in Michigan, without divorcing any of them, becoming legally separated, or any of them dying?

Hi Kemo

Fill the three gallon and empty the oil into the five gallon

Fill the three gallon again and pour the oil into the five gallon until it is full and stop

you will have one gallon remaining in the three gallon container.

kyalion;3163098

How did Mark legally marry three women in Michigan, without divorcing any … How did Mark legally marry three women in Michigan, without divorcing any of them, becoming legally separated, or any of them dying?

He was a priest????

kyalion;3163098

How did Mark legally marry three women in Michigan, without divorcing any … How did Mark legally marry three women in Michigan, without divorcing any of them, becoming legally separated, or any of them dying?

because mark was the priest/vicar!

kyalion;3163098

they were called Han, Mich and gi?

Disco;3163116

because mark was the priest/vicar!

you are clever, i was thinking along the wrong lines for this one.

kyalion;3163098

Mark was the minister or official marrying the brides to their bridegrooms

blackpeppa;3163124

you are clever, i was thinking along the wrong lines for this one.

I said it 1st :cry:

moschino;3163115

He was a priest????

Correct !!!!

Original Poster

kyalion;3163096

You have a barrel of oil, and you need to measure out just one gallon. … You have a barrel of oil, and you need to measure out just one gallon. How do you do this if you only have a three-gallon container and a five-gallon container?Fill the 3-gallon container with oil and pour it into the 5-gallon container. Then fill the 3-gallon container again and use it to fill the 5-gallon container the rest of the way. One gallon will be left in the 3-gallon container.

sofatoad;3163111

Hi KemoFill the three gallon and empty the oil into the five gallonFill … Hi KemoFill the three gallon and empty the oil into the five gallonFill the three gallon again and pour the oil into the five gallon until it is full and stopyou will have one gallon remaining in the three gallon container.

Well Done guys :thumbsup:

Yay way to go me :-D

Mary's father had 4 daughters, Nini, Neno and Nana what was the fourth daughters name?

shauneco;3163141

Mary's father had 4 daughters, Nini, Neno and Nana what was the fourth … Mary's father had 4 daughters, Nini, Neno and Nana what was the fourth daughters name?

MARY

PS: you've been playing Crystal Maze on Vodafone! :-D NEXT!

shauneco;3163141

Mary's father had 4 daughters, Nini, Neno and Nana what was the fourth … Mary's father had 4 daughters, Nini, Neno and Nana what was the fourth daughters name?

Mary

Beat me to it

shauneco;3163141

Mary !!!!!!

Disco;3163144

MARYPS: you've been playing Crystal Maze on Vodafone! :-D NEXT!

moschino;3163147

MaryBeat me to it

Correct

Correct

Right my go.......

an easy one.. What name is spelt by arranging the intials of the months of the year, in order! (with actuallly doing it!)

it's mary

jason

castortroy;3163185

jason

correct!!

Original Poster

castortroy;3163185

jason

Your turn castortroy :thumbsup:

Ok , here goes...What number is actually possible to divide in half to create (key word!) zero?

castortroy;3163237

Ok , here goes...What number is actually possible to divide in half to … Ok , here goes...What number is actually possible to divide in half to create (key word!) zero?

castortroy;3163237

Ok , here goes...What number is actually possible to divide in half to … Ok , here goes...What number is actually possible to divide in half to create (key word!) zero?

Disco;3163245

well done!

Ok, what do this 5 artists/groups have in common

Wycliffe Jean
    Greenday
    Rod Stewart
    Frankie Vallie (or The Four Seasons)
    Elton John

shauneco;3163251

castortroy;3163253

well done!

No it's 8 isn't it?!!

Disco;3163263

Ok, what do this 5 artists/groups have in common Wycliffe JeanGreendayRod … Ok, what do this 5 artists/groups have in common Wycliffe JeanGreendayRod StewartFrankie Vallie (or The Four Seasons)Elton John

The letter 'e'? :?

Original Poster

Something to do with football Disco?

Disco;3163263

Ok, what do this 5 artists/groups have in common Wycliffe JeanGreendayRod … Ok, what do this 5 artists/groups have in common Wycliffe JeanGreendayRod StewartFrankie Vallie (or The Four Seasons)Elton John

They've all slept with other men?

nope, all wrong!! try again!! ;-)

ill give you all til 4:30pm

to be honest, I would've got this straight away. well into my music, but really, the first artist gives it away (well, for me it would, as I only know one song he sang!)

Disco;3163263

Have they all been on the Simpsons?

Original Poster

They all sang songs about months?

Months of the year?

kemo;3163715

They all sang songs about months?

CORRECT KEMO... but ya still needed a clue! ;-) I'll do a harder one later, with no clues!

Disco;3163824

CORRECT KEMO... but ya still needed a clue! ;-) I'll do a harder one … CORRECT KEMO... but ya still needed a clue! ;-) I'll do a harder one later, with no clues!

What were the songs?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764343
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…99
      3. Tesco Recalls 1,000's of products!​45
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416147

See more discussions