Groups
    EXPIRED

a week in UK, where to go !!!

Please advise,

I would like to take my missus away for a week, somewhere in UK but not too expensive place, and again away from busy towns.. like to go to nice natural places.

I am based in Manchester and got car.. plan for End of Aug or 1st week September..please...........

14 Comments

lake district?

I love Cornwall and around that area. Loads of places to go, quiet, lovely beaches and usually nice weather.

The west coast of Scotland is lovely.:thumbsup:

It is not clear if you are looking for a general area, or a specific place (hotel etc) to stay.

If you are looking a nice area, then there are loads to choose from.

Being based in Manchester then the Llyn Peninsula on the top of North Wales is wonderful.

Very quiet, lovely beaches, great views over Snowdon etc. also being North wales it is fairly cheap.

Map here to show you where it is

upload.wikimedia.org/wik…png

More here

iknow-wales.co.uk/tou…htm

landofdan;5735142

lake district?

I love the Lake District, it is my favorite place in the UK, but I am afraid it is also now too popular for its own good.

The idea of the Lake District in late August or early September fills me with horror.

Go there out of season, in the early spring, or late September or October, before the crowds go there.

Another nice area is South West Wales, Pembrokshire.

The Pembrokshire National Park was I believe the first national park in the UK.

A true coastal park. Lovely rugged coasts, lots of walking, great beaches.

Map here

walesdirectory.co.uk/ima…gif

More here

pcnpa.org.uk/web…D=1

If you haven't tried it then Whitby - lovely little town, full of character and history - rarely packed although Sat/Sun can be busy with bikers (but where isn't).

Scarborough just down the cost, lots of moors, Nationa Trust etc, walks, pubs, fishing.

Try whitby-cottages.co.uk/ for a cottage break, going there myself in august, regularly visit twoice a year - even had my honeymoon there. In my opinion you can't beat it.

to the opposite side of the country.

Sandsend and further North are lovely, (although Whitby would be a bit busy).

J

m00bs;5735291

If you haven't tried it then Whitby - lovely little town, full of … If you haven't tried it then Whitby - lovely little town, full of character and history - rarely packed although Sat/Sun can be busy with bikers (but where isn't).Scarborough just down the cost, lots of moors, Nationa Trust etc, walks, pubs, fishing.Try http://www.whitby-cottages.co.uk/ for a cottage break, going there myself in august, regularly visit twoice a year - even had my honeymoon there. In my opinion you can't beat it.

Great minds.....

J

jeffie;5735306

Great minds.....J

Spot on - lovely

Dingwall!

A beautiful, classic, Scottish styled town.

To help find the best natural places in the UK try these two websites.

The first details all our National Parks (Lake District, North York Moors, Exmoor, Peak District. Loch Lomond etc)

There are 14 of these.

nationalparks.gov.uk/

The second details all our Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs)

There are nearly 50 of these all round the UK (they are usually smaller than our National Parks)

aonb.org.uk/

These 2 websites should give you plenty of ideas of where to go to find "natural places" for your holiday.

Llandudno - beautiful place

Original Poster

ADZ1478;5738135

Llandudno - beautiful place

been their at our first anniversary.. very nice place, good beach and good view from the hotel...thanks for the advice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. which drill bit set for bosch cordless drill ixo range? hex?11
      2. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private44
      3. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      4. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027

See more discussions