Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

AA 24 hours offer : Up To 50% back via Topcashback @ AA Breakdown Cover

Posted 17th Apr 2022
AA 24 hours sale offer , 50% off on online purchases via TOPCASHBACK
3921708_1.jpg

Info added by

Overview

Get peace of mind with breakdown for £59 a year with the UK’s largest breakdown cover service. AA Breakdown cover has more mobile mechanics than any other UK Breakdown service.

You can choose from a wide range of breakdown covers. You can choose from cover from home, national recover, onward travel, and even parts and garage cover. If you breakdown, then getting service is super easy as you can notify and even track the mechanic from the app. You will be provided with 24/7 roadside assistance, and they will even try and fix your car on the spot.

They even have a Smart Breakdown app, which helps you spot your cars problems before they become an issue. The app also explains common warning lights and what to do about them, send you updates on your cars health and what to do about them. Don’t forget, you can make even more savings on AA Breakdown cover offers and discounts by earning free cashback with us.

Terms & Conditions

• AA UK Business Breakdown Cover or Basic Cover do not qualify for cashback. European Cover operates under a separate scheme - please visit TheAA.com via a European Cover link from this site.
  • If you, or the insurer, cancel the policy before cashback is deposited in your TopCashback account. If cashback has been paid you may be required to return this to AA UK Breakdown.
  • Not completing your purchase fully online, e.g completing over the phone.
  • Claiming cashback in conjunction with any other introductory offer, including the claiming of vouchers, not explicitly posted and approved by Top cashback
  • If BACS is not your selected TopCashback payment method.
  • If fraud indicators are highlighted on your policy.
  • Navigating away from the AA site while purchasing a policy.
  • Cashback is for new AA customers only. If you have cancelled an existing AA breakdown membership or received a renewal invitation from the AA in the last 90 days, your cashback will be declined.
  • Opening multiple instances of the AA site while purchasing a policy.
  • Policies that are amended will not be awarded cashback
  • Policies under £58 do not qualify for cashback.
  • Purchasing a policy with a quote obtained from outside TopCashback.
  • Purchasing a product other than AA UK Breakdown cover via the ‘Get Cashback’ link on this page.
  • Annual AA UK Breakdown cover policies must be paid in full in order to qualify for the cashback. Customers paying for their membership on a monthly basis will not be eligible for cashback.
  • Using a promotional/voucher code not posted and approved by TopCashback.
Community Updates
New Comment

56 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    sowotsdis
    did this in December still waiting cashback after two emails ...wont be doing it again
    TheMaestro
    Darkraiser17/04/2022 01:21

Does parts and garage cover have a limit on the repair costs or is it …Does parts and garage cover have a limit on the repair costs or is it totally unlimited?

There's no limit on the damage cost but under Parts and Garage Cover the AA will only pay a maximum of £500 on the repair.

A year ago the mechatronics of the DSG transmission on my Golf failed. Repair cost was £800. AA covered £500 of the repair, the other £300 came out of my pocket.
    AN_786
    I must admit - I went for the full suite of cover ~£250 total, received 140 cashback - final price of £110 (posted on Hukd 6 months-ish ago)…included was “parts and garage” cover - they paid out £500 (Vw Passat - EGR valve) and £449 (bush and some sensors went bust) on the tyre.

Yes my cashback took ages to be paid (about 4 months or so), nevertheless - it was absolutely worth it!! I’d highly recommend.
    Scalesofjustice
    £13 pm full AA UK breakdown cover with Nationwide building society. Also includes travel insurance and mobile phone insurance.
    villan57
    sowotsdis17/04/2022 00:32

did this in December still waiting cashback after two emails ...wont be …did this in December still waiting cashback after two emails ...wont be doing it again

Yep, I got stung once, never again. Never did get any money back
    flyingflea
    2manymilos17/04/2022 09:22

£94.50 for 2 people with home and recovery to any UK destination with the …£94.50 for 2 people with home and recovery to any UK destination with the 50% off. Good price if you have to have AA cover but worth considering AutoAid for the same cover at £55.49 via MSE. Have used AutoAid before and found the local contractors they use turned up much faster than AA / RAC.

Yeah for years I've always alternated between the AA and RAC but always had a long wait for them to turn up. Last few years I've gone with AutoAid and each time they've sent a local mechanic / recovery who has arrived within the hour. Very happy with them so far.
    Kam-s
    Guys, don't buy stuff only because of the cashback offer. Too many have been burned by this notion. It's not reliable, it might not track and your claim may fail.
    MzteeTeeMam

Does parts and garage cover have a limit on the repair costs or is it …Does parts and garage cover have a limit on the repair costs or is it totally unlimited?

It has a limit of 500 and usually you have to pay the 1st £35 fee (edited)
    2manymilos
    £94.50 for 2 people with home and recovery to any UK destination with the 50% off.

Good price if you have to have AA cover but worth considering AutoAid for the same cover at £55.49 via MSE.

Have used AutoAid before and found the local contractors they use turned up much faster than AA / RAC.
    Shak5
    My brother has AA and his wheel bearing broke a week ago roughly around 2pm. AA came round twice and said they couldn't take it and needed to send another car, he was waiting for over 5 hours. Eventually he told the police to just tow it to their storage location which was by a local recovery company.

Luckily it broke down locally but that has put me off ever getting AA breakdown cover. I had a cheap cover from start rescue and when my car broke down the local recovery company was there in an hour.
    LRD3
    Got cover in July last year. They declined my £150 cashback. 😡
    Joynul
    I've been using TopCashBack for AA and RAC, flip flopping each year as new member. Always got paid cashback though it takes several months.
    However in recent years I dread breaking down with RAC cover.
    AA always been fantastic when I needed them, but last couple times with RAC were a nightmare.

Once it tools 27 hours to get my car home (actaully my mechanic) . Though they gave taxi for the family after first 7 hours, but then they 'lost track' of where my car was, before finally arrived.
    Then same year hit a pothole which completely buckled wheel. With no spare wheel, told them it has to be a recovery vehicle. 5 hours later still sent standard patrol who said he'll have to call for recovery truck!
    rapid85
    Cold for the misleading title. Cashback does not equate to 'money off'. That's when you get money off the price that you pay at the checkout. Cashback is not the same thing and is not guaranteed.

The deal should be reworded.

Edit: well done to the OP or mod that did reword the title since I posted originally (edited)
    Bear.Bargains

did this in December still waiting cashback after two emails ...wont be …did this in December still waiting cashback after two emails ...wont be doing it again

Patience is needed, I did this last summer and got £140 cashback 7 months later, I'll be doing this again at renewal just change main member to her indoors
    danceswithhorses
    Seems a decent deal
    GrabbaBargain
    2manymilos17/04/2022 09:22

£94.50 for 2 people with home and recovery to any UK destination with the …£94.50 for 2 people with home and recovery to any UK destination with the 50% off. Good price if you have to have AA cover but worth considering AutoAid for the same cover at £55.49 via MSE. Have used AutoAid before and found the local contractors they use turned up much faster than AA / RAC.

I was with the AA for years (from when they were owned by the members rather than some private profit driven company) but got tired of them charging full price at renewal when new customers could get discounts, then the last couple of times I had to use them they sent a local contractor out anyway, so figured I may as well go with the local contractor network that is AutoAid and save all that money.

Not had to use AutoAid since I went with them a few years ago so no idea how they compare in real life. Hope I never have to find out.
    Willy_Wonka

You expect payment after 4 months?

I would have thought 6 months plus
    AN_786

It’s got a £500 cap. £35 excess for each unrelated claim.

TheMaestro17/04/2022 02:05

There's no limit on the damage cost but under Parts and Garage Cover the …There's no limit on the damage cost but under Parts and Garage Cover the AA will only pay a maximum of £500 on the repair. A year ago the mechatronics of the DSG transmission on my Golf failed. Repair cost was £800. AA covered £500 of the repair, the other £300 came out of my pocket.

Same, my original EGR fitted cost £850 - AA covered the first £500, I had to fork out the remainder. (edited)
    OBone
    Voted hot but check out the T&Cs on top cash back before getting it, there's a long list of things they won't pay out for.
    mrwulf
    I took my policy out in October and got the topcashback payment in January.
    TheMaestro
    Scalesofjustice17/04/2022 07:29

£13 pm full AA UK breakdown cover with Nationwide building society. Also …£13 pm full AA UK breakdown cover with Nationwide building society. Also includes travel insurance and mobile phone insurance.

I believe Nationwide FlexiPlus accounts do not give you full AA cover. Only the standard Roadside Assist cover.
    I will check on my nationwide account though and update my comment if I'm wrong.
    simonspeakeasy
    I didn't get cashback with the AA when I last did this => not a deal for me
    katie.shaw
    Scalesofjustice17/04/2022 07:29

£13 pm full AA UK breakdown cover with Nationwide building society. Also …£13 pm full AA UK breakdown cover with Nationwide building society. Also includes travel insurance and mobile phone insurance.

national wide is amazing for this we broke down and couldn't fix our car and could only carry 2 but we are family 4 so sorted a taxi out for us and recovered our car back home too thr garage, and we didn't have too pay a thing the taxi will probably cost more then what we pay for yearly fee, so worth it
    mrBrian
    The perks with the aa app also get you 20% discount at some pubs (greene king, hungry horse and some other same chain), makes a rather good price on a round of beers. (And food deals can be stacked if you order through the app too, for example can get bogof burgers on Friday and 20% of them too)
    lanc1979
    Freezing cold from me.
    Assistance and Recovery via this for one vehicle is £119, for around £60 after £59 cashback.
    I ordered Assistance and recovery for one vehicle for £30 a few weeks ago and I've just checked and it's still available.

The AA has a basic web address which has a number of different entry routes based on the next word after the dot com bit. The route of entry to the website changes the prices.
    However affiliate sites like HUKD and TCB always result in the entry to the standard AA website where its standard prices, like the £119 example I gave. If you can type the correct web address without using affiliate links you can get cover from £15.
    So I can't list the cover from £15 as a deal, as HUKD will mangle the link and make it from £60. (edited)
    mrTea67
    dp_r17/04/2022 22:05

As others has said, didn't work for me previously. Didn't track, raised a …As others has said, didn't work for me previously. Didn't track, raised a claim, said I used an unapproved voucher code - which I didn't. This was after a 6 month wait

Maybe the way forward is to either Video or photo's of you doing the deal,and then wait until you receive the cash back before deleting your evidence.
    sadact06
    mrBrian17/04/2022 15:34

The perks with the aa app also get you 20% discount at some pubs (greene …The perks with the aa app also get you 20% discount at some pubs (greene king, hungry horse and some other same chain), makes a rather good price on a round of beers. (And food deals can be stacked if you order through the app too, for example can get bogof burgers on Friday and 20% of them too)

That was the only reason i used the AA, saved hundreds over the year with the 20% off!
    Darkraiser
    AN_78617/04/2022 01:04

I must admit - I went for the full suite of cover ~£250 total, received …I must admit - I went for the full suite of cover ~£250 total, received 140 cashback - final price of £110 (posted on Hukd 6 months-ish ago)…included was “parts and garage” cover - they paid out £500 (Vw Passat - EGR valve) and £449 (bush and some sensors went bust) on the tyre. Yes my cashback took ages to be paid (about 4 months or so), nevertheless - it was absolutely worth it!! I’d highly recommend.

Does parts and garage cover have a limit on the repair costs or is it totally unlimited?
    bigwheels
    AA Parts and Garage cover £535.00 per claim.

theaa.com/bre…ver
    edwardo1973
    OBone17/04/2022 06:51

Voted hot but check out the T&Cs on top cash back before getting it, …Voted hot but check out the T&Cs on top cash back before getting it, there's a long list of things they won't pay out for.

To my knowledge it’s friction based components, clutch, discs, brakes etc.
    MDog0101
    edwardo197317/04/2022 07:20

To my knowledge it’s friction based components, clutch, discs, brakes etc.

Even then there’s ways around it. My clutch release cable went on my old punto. They paid for a whole new clutch
    Bendown

As others have said £500 max and the first £35 is payable by the member, we repair cars for the AA and they are pretty good, they are smart cookies though, they will not cover somethings that they deem to be wear items and if they are unsure will send an engineer out if they think there is something not as it should be. It is a good cover for genuine claims.
    speediemc
    TheMaestro17/04/2022 02:05

There's no limit on the damage cost but under Parts and Garage Cover the …There's no limit on the damage cost but under Parts and Garage Cover the AA will only pay a maximum of £500 on the repair. A year ago the mechatronics of the DSG transmission on my Golf failed. Repair cost was £800. AA covered £500 of the repair, the other £300 came out of my pocket.

Out of curiosity where did you go to get this fixed my unit has just failed on my Audi RS3 and I’ve spent half this week trying to find somewhere reliable to fix this and there’s a lot of negative online reviews from the companies I’ve been researching
    TheMaestro
    speediemc17/04/2022 10:54

Out of curiosity where did you go to get this fixed my unit has just …Out of curiosity where did you go to get this fixed my unit has just failed on my Audi RS3 and I’ve spent half this week trying to find somewhere reliable to fix this and there’s a lot of negative online reviews from the companies I’ve been researching

I went to Auto Trans Tech UK in Purfleet near the Dartford Crossing. They were excellent.
    Amg007
    I used this last time and it actually paid out like £50. I was shocked
    chipmunk1957
    Don't get me started.......
    fessybear
    Sorry op it's still expensive, they're many cheaper alternatives i.e. autoaid etc.
    I have used them previously and found the service I received absolutely fine.
    labyyrinth
    I have had AA breakdown for the last 15 years and I can't fault them at all they turn up quickly get the job done always polite . I have not be used the parts cover the home and recovery have been excellent
    Squiddley
    Thanks for sharing, I am exactly in need of breakdown cover! Hoping TCB don't have any issues.
    Charger1969
    Curious why this is a deal when TCB isn't guaranteed?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants