Groups

AAA and AA Rechargeable Batteries

Is it worth buying a charger and batteries or get a pack of 10 disposable batteries from Poundland when I need them.

How much does it cost to recharge batteries?
    Would it work out cheaper to buy disposable ones?

thanks

10 Comments

Hmmm rechargable is cheaper in the long run but remembering to charge them can prove to be a pain!!

i can get 36 AA batteries from the 99p store
    only problem is, there's no battery recycling facilities in my area.

chuck them in the bin then

batteries are really damaging to the environment you know.

Maplin are doing 12 rechargeable AA or AAA batteries for £9.99 at the moment which can give you 1000 recharges. I bought the AAA ones for my wireless mouse..had no problems with the batteries so far.

maplin.co.uk/Mod…0m6

As for a charger Uniross do a rapid 15 minute charger which I have one at the moment, as the name says only 15 minutes to charge the batteries which can usually take up to say 8 hours to fully charge the batteries on a standard battery charger. The rapid 15 charger can be bought for around £10-£15 on eBay.

In the long term it can be cheaper than buying disposable batteries plus your doing your wee bit to help the environment.

Lidl are selling high capacity Nihm re-chargables for £1.99 a pack.
    4xAAA 900mAh
    4x AA 2500mAh
    2 xC, 4000mAh
    2x D 4500mAh

Poundland sell packs of 3 or 4 Nicad AA. as do a lot of 99p shops

Rapid chargers are more likely to cause battery failures

scattycat;2357438

Lidl are selling high capacity Nihm re-chargables for £1.99 a pack.4xAAA … Lidl are selling high capacity Nihm re-chargables for £1.99 a pack.4xAAA 900mAh4x AA 2500mAh 2 xC, 4000mAh2x D 4500mAhPoundland sell packs of 3 or 4 Nicad AA. as do a lot of 99p shopsRapid chargers are more likely to cause battery failures

Lidl one's are pants.

Banned

pikachu12;2356574

i can get 36 AA batteries from the 99p storeonly problem is, there's no … i can get 36 AA batteries from the 99p storeonly problem is, there's no battery recycling facilities in my area.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/customavatars/avatar58547_2.gif

I wouldn't have thought you needed batteries!:p

i dont care about the enviroment

handsomejackuk;2359124

i dont care about the enviroment

So its OK for me to p*ss in your watertank?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1538
      2. Car park fine UKPC1314
      3. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)811
      4. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…22

See more discussions