Groups

AAHHHHHH - My daughter has just cut her hair ready for school this am

She's only 8 - wants her hair cut, which we dont as I like to tie it back to avoid the dreaded nits!!!!!!!!!!

I've just gone to give her the hairbrush for getting out any knots before I do it properly, and her fringe area has reduced by 3 inches

This is the second time she has done this - never going to grow out the fringe now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 Comments

tying hair back stops nits!...
    get it cut so she hates it enough to never want cut again

Hide all your scissors....

sorry I know thats not helpfull really.... I think I'd be upset if I was you.

Oh dear! My little boy did this a few months ago, i had just cut his hair and it looked lovely, and he decided to trot back into the kitchen without me knowing and cut a darn great big bald patch in the middle of his head! He looked like a monk and was blimmin lucky he didnt cut himself - the hair left was literally a few millimetres long! But it does grow, luckily!! maybe just sweep you little girls fringe back in a hairband.

Banned

Oh dear! Lol someone in my son's class at schools likes cutting people's hair for them....with the kids safety scissors! They been finding tufts of hair hidden around the classroom. Fortunately my son didn't get a new hair do :roll:

bellabonkers;4975980

Hide all your scissors....sorry I know thats not helpfull really.... I … Hide all your scissors....sorry I know thats not helpfull really.... I think I'd be upset if I was you.

would solve the problem though

Gothy Vamp;4975999

Oh dear! Lol someone in my son's class at schools likes cutting … Oh dear! Lol someone in my son's class at schools likes cutting people's hair for them....with the kids safety scissors! They been finding tufts of hair hidden around the classroom. Fortunately my son didn't get a new hair do :roll:

serial killer mentality

Original Poster

Yes, I could hide all the scissors - but then the teachers are saying to me that the youngest is having trouble using scissors. I used to hide them all - but I remember one of mine telling the staff at playschool that she wasnt allowed to use scissors - they looked at me very strangely!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrspatch;4976022

Yes, I could hide all the scissors - but then the teachers are saying to … Yes, I could hide all the scissors - but then the teachers are saying to me that the youngest is having trouble using scissors. I used to hide them all - but I remember one of mine telling the staff at playschool that she wasnt allowed to use scissors - they looked at me very strangely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah they would do....Guess you can't win.

Is she not filled with regret now you have told her off?

Original Poster

Not to begin with - but eventually!!!!

Problem is she did the same a couple of years ago, and it was just getting to the stage of being able to be tied back - back to square 1.

Anyway - better leave now - or they'll be in trouble at school too!!!!

mrspatch;4976022

Yes, I could hide all the scissors - but then the teachers are saying to … Yes, I could hide all the scissors - but then the teachers are saying to me that the youngest is having trouble using scissors. I used to hide them all - but I remember one of mine telling the staff at playschool that she wasnt allowed to use scissors - they looked at me very strangely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange teacher. No wonder kids can't read and write nowdays..........too busy training them on the arts of scissor weaponry. :?

I think this is somthing that alot of kids do. My lil sis (who turns 21 next week) kept on doing it when she was about 6. And she loved to get certificates in the school Asemebeleys, lol. So my mum made a worst hair cut certificate for her, which she got given infront of the entire infant dept at school, oddly enough she never cut her hair again after that, lol

Even from a very young age girls sure do know what they want, don't they? !!!
    Why not let her have her way & have it cut short? .................. It would be easier for you to manage too.

when my little girl was about 18mths her hair was just long enuff for a pony tail i was so pleased because it had looked really messy down my son who is 20month older than her was playing in the play room at my mams with her and he came along the passage with scissors i was horrified where he got them from he had got them from my sisters school pencil case i was glad no damage was done till i noticed in his other hand was my daughters ponytail he said ive cut her hair for you i cried for days she was bald at the back with straggely bits at the side and it took ages to grow back ! we can laugh about it now shes 7 and hes almost 9 ha

Banned

I took a pair of scissors to my hair when my GCSE exams finished - my Mum cried :lol:

I had a little beginning of life crisis :viking:

Original Poster

lumoruk;4977009

I took a pair of scissors to my hair when my GCSE exams finished - my Mum … I took a pair of scissors to my hair when my GCSE exams finished - my Mum cried :lol: I had a little beginning of life crisis :viking:

Just to let you know - that your comment, has just made me spit my drink out all over the PC and paperwork -- your poor mother :whistling:

Original Poster

Syzable;4976087

Strange teacher. No wonder kids can't read and write nowdays..........too … Strange teacher. No wonder kids can't read and write nowdays..........too busy training them on the arts of scissor weaponry. :?

It was only the last open evening with the teachers that I was told that my 4 year old was getting disheartened about not being able to handle scissors properly.

I felt like a bad parent !!!!!!

Original Poster

snowtiger;4976725

Even from a very young age girls sure do know what they want, don't they? … Even from a very young age girls sure do know what they want, don't they? !!!Why not let her have her way & have it cut short? .................. It would be easier for you to manage too.

Daddys' dont like their little girls having their hair cut - but I think I may have to have a discussion with the old man :thumbsup:

At age 5 I cut my VERY long hair VERY short when my parents refused to cut my hair for me. If I were you I'd give your little one a new hairdo that she is happy with but won't leave her with a 1cm 'long' hair. Otherwise she will do the job herself one day and it won't be pretty... ;-)

If your daughter wants her hair cut, to a reasonable style, then you should let them have a haircut, either from you, or a hair dresser. I think 8 is old enough to decide what hairstyle they want.

Plus, in some cases it could cause problems, she's not happy with how she looks, it could turn into some kind of illness, hating the way her body and stuff is.

fish slice?

Original Poster

Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids these days are made to be little adults - they are children - like I was 30 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and didnt rule the roost.

Anyway she wants a skinhead.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Giffgaff New goodybags23
      2. Santander - Compensation1619
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261378
      4. word association Game74044573

See more discussions