Groups

AARRRGGGHHH whats wrong with my laptop?

I have just opened my laptop and the screen wouldn't turn on so I switched it on and off and still no joy!
    i could very vaguely see messenger and could see when the mouse moved over it but it is VERY dark.
    anyone know if i can sort it or if it will need to be taken in to be fixed?

thanx
    lynds xx

19 Comments

Same thing happened to mine the screen backlight thing had failed and it had to go to the laptop hospital to be made all better:)

Banned

Tried your contrast brightness options?

Could be the back light that may have gone

Yeah the obvious one is the brightness, otherwise it's your backlight or inverter board thats gone...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sounds like the graphics card is on it's way out, they seem to go if you use your laptop for long periods of time..

Original Poster

mikebike;4702003

Same thing happened to mine the screen backlight thing had failed and it … Same thing happened to mine the screen backlight thing had failed and it had to go to the laptop hospital to be made all better:)

dj_urban;4702006

Tried your contrast brightness options?Could be the back light that may … Tried your contrast brightness options?Could be the back light that may have gone

baconsandwich;4702009

Yeah the obvious one is the brightness, otherwise it's your backlight or … Yeah the obvious one is the brightness, otherwise it's your backlight or inverter board thats gone...

oh no :-(
    tried the brightness so laptop hospital it is :-(

how much did it cost you mikebike?

thx for help everyone.... repped x

Original Poster

BlasterLad;4702020

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

lol yes

lyndsbowes;4702029

oh no :-(tried the brightness so laptop hospital it is :-(how much did it … oh no :-(tried the brightness so laptop hospital it is :-(how much did it cost you mikebike?thx for help everyone.... repped x

Full service and parts about £60 if i remember correctly:?

Original Poster

mikebike;4702037

Full service and parts about £60 if i remember correctly:?

:-( only paid £125 for it in first place..... nevermind.... thanks

lyndsbowes;4702049

:-( only paid £125 for it in first place..... nevermind.... thanks

It's getting a bit daft this throw away society thing isn't it :x
    I mean i spend most of my time on the little Asus eee pc as it's really good for the price in fact it's what i am using now!

Its almost certainly the inverter. Check on ebay but be carefull fitting as they are high voltage.

Original Poster

the screen has come back on a few times and then gone off :?

Original Poster

jeff3g;4702956

Its almost certainly the inverter. Check on ebay but be carefull fitting … Its almost certainly the inverter. Check on ebay but be carefull fitting as they are high voltage.

thanx :thumbsup:
    there is no way i could even try to fix this myself.... i don't even know what an inverter is or where it is :oops:

think the operative might be ya problem

Original Poster

owlass;4704767

think the operative might be ya problem

don't have a clue what that means but thanks :?

Hi,

Most laptops have a "function" key - usually in the bottom left hand side of the keyboard.
    Press this down and hold it down whilst you press a key on the keyboard which has a "sun" picture on it.
    If you look carefully at the keyboard you will see that various keys have more than one sysmbol on them. (the numbers 1 to 9 for instance)
    Anyway, probably the key you are looking for is in the lower righthand side of the key board.

So switch the laptop on, press and hold down the function key and press down repeatedly on the brightness key. If the backlight to the screen is not broken then this might brighten things up for you!

Regards,

John

Banned

lyndsbowes;4704772

don't have a clue what that means but thanks :?

he means you - lol

sassie;4708542

he means you - lol

shush you , the plasi aint too bright :-D

Original Poster

owlass;4711454

shush you , the plasi aint too bright :-D

:w00t: :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2493
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424514493
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1624
      4. Asda having major issues with deliveries today33

See more discussions