Groups

abandoned vehicle

Banned
    There is an abandoned vehicle in the street and the council have put a 7 day notice of removal on it, i thought if it had no tax it should be removed, not giving the owner 7 days to remove it

25 Comments

If the car has some value (ie not burned out), then they give 7 days notice, although if it is abandoned then I'm thinking the owner's not coming back for it anyway.

Original Poster Banned

Babbabooey

If the car has some value (ie not burned out), then they give 7 days … If the car has some value (ie not burned out), then they give 7 days notice, although if it is abandoned then I'm thinking the owner's not coming back for it anyway.

i thought the no tax meant it was not allowed on the road, no matter what the condition

in my mums street a car had no tax on and it was parked infront of drive way it got towed asap

Banned

Report it to VOSA or DVLA then.

Original Poster Banned

vicknanth

in my mums street a car had no tax on and it was parked infront of drive … in my mums street a car had no tax on and it was parked infront of drive way it got towed asap

i didnt even notice it had been abandoned till i saw the notice on it today, thought it was one of the neighbours cars, but noticed it got no tax on it so was curious to why it had the notice rather than being removed, it was a council notice

Banned

sassie

i thought the no tax meant it was not allowed on the road, no matter what … i thought the no tax meant it was not allowed on the road, no matter what the condition

its not but they have to give 7 days notice of intention to remove if not causing an obstruction. Owner will get a fine from DVLA too.

Opps Sassie, looks like you are as clueless about this as you are Northern Irish politics.

Well done

Banned

sparkyIreland

Opps Sassie, looks like you are as clueless about this as you are … Opps Sassie, looks like you are as clueless about this as you are Northern Irish politics.Well done

OMG. Amazing. I bow to you sir - thats better than I could have EVER come up with.

Quoted for absolute truth.

Banned

sassie

yes but i can learn, where as you will always be irish

Sorry, are you using 'irish' as an insult?

For all you know one of your future children's fathers could be Irish.

Hallejula misc is back to normal!

Banned

harlzter

Hallejula misc is back to normal!

still some peckers around I see http://www.hotukdeals.com/images/avatars/avatar30259_60.jpg

lumoruk

still some peckers around I see

OI stop picking on a poor defenceless chicken

not nice irish comment there sass!!

Original Poster Banned

magicbeans

not nice irish comment there sass!!

it was a joke, am hoping sparky took it as one

jeeze what with everyone and nationality on here, jeeze does no one ever take the **** out of the english, or is it that its only the english that take it for what it is. although i am half welsh, but bring it on, mind no doubt we have all heard them before

Banned

sassie

it was a joke, am hoping sparky took it as onejeeze what with everyone … it was a joke, am hoping sparky took it as onejeeze what with everyone and nationality on here, jeeze does no one ever take the **** out of the english, or is it that its only the english that take it for what it is. although i am half welsh, but bring it on, mind no doubt we have all heard them before

I take the **** out of you for other reasons than your nationality.

Banned

vibeone

Report it to VOSA or DVLA then.

what are Vosa going to do .. inspect it http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/verschiedene/e025.gif

Banned

dog_cop

what are Vosa going to do .. inspect it

I invented a lack of MOT for some reason even then I'm not sure they are that bothered.

PS: I found out something about you recently

Banned

vibeone

I invented a lack of MOT for some reason even then I'm not sure they … I invented a lack of MOT for some reason even then I'm not sure they are that bothered.PS: I found out something about you recently

well I am very pleased for you

Banned

dog_cop

well I am very pleased for you

Evening Mr Plod...

Banned

vibeone

Evening Mr Plod...

err dont you mean Mr PCSO

Banned

dog_cop

err dont you mean Mr PCSO

Apparently not :P

Banned

vibeone

Apparently not :P

Now you do surprise me I thought Mr Vibe knew all..

Banned

dog_cop

Now you do surprise me I thought Mr Vibe knew all..

I was delibereately put off the scent. Then again... your name kinda spells it out.

BTW: My thoughts on pcso's were genuine - as were my thoughts on the **** in notts who killed his dogs.

Banned

vibeone

I was delibereately put off the scent. Then again... your name kinda … I was delibereately put off the scent. Then again... your name kinda spells it out.BTW: My thoughts on pcso's were genuine - as were my thoughts on the **** in notts who killed his dogs.

ah see sometimes the truth is right in front of you ..

as for the other items .. I shall remain silent on those issues

The DVLA hardly bother ceasing vehicles unless on patrol in the area.

It's therefore left to the council to place a notice on it to ensure the owner removes it from public road. It's a 7 day notice as long as the car is not dangerous, and a 24 hour notice if it is.

It's served under the Refuse and Disposal Amenity Act iirc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your dream gaming set up?69
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …118271
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32145
      4. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32205

See more discussions