Found 7th Jan 2008
Don't know if its a new one or not, but got this via email, just to let anybody know if they get it.

Dear Valued Customer,

You have a new message waiting in your Inbox Folder.

Click here to read

Best Regards.

The Abbey National plc Security Department Team.

* Please do not reply to this email as your reply will not be received.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Open the email, and hover your mouse over the link, bottom left corner of IE or FF, should show you the destination it would go to...I would go by that!

I dont use Abbey, so don't know how they work...

I get loads of these purporting to be from many different banks. They should be ignored and certainly no details should be entered on them.

Original Poster Banned

birdyboyuk;1428867

Open the email, and hover your mouse over the link, bottom left corner of … Open the email, and hover your mouse over the link, bottom left corner of IE or FF, should show you the destination it would go to...I would go by that!I dont use Abbey, so don't know how they work...

Cheers birdyboyuk :thumbsup::)

Don't bank with them either but already checked it against their real site, and it redirects to a site hosted by webfusion.co.uk

Banned

soupy;1428884

Cheers birdyboyuk :thumbsup::)Don't bank with them either but already … Cheers birdyboyuk :thumbsup::)Don't bank with them either but already checked it against their real site, and it redirects to a site hosted by webfusion.co.uk

When you get things like this (and have done a whois check to find that info out), it would be a good idea to report it! Dunno to whom - no one seems to give a rats backside. But they are cleary trying to commit fraud - and I'd have thought are uk based. Bang em up I say.

I always get these kinda things in my hotmail, so I just hit the 'Report a phishing scam' button. I let them deal with it!

Original Poster Banned

guv;1428896

When you get things like this (and have done a whois check to find that … When you get things like this (and have done a whois check to find that info out), it would be a good idea to report it! Dunno to whom - no one seems to give a rats backside. But they are cleary trying to commit fraud - and I'd have thought are uk based. Bang em up I say.

Already done guv ;-):)
But it says, "thanks blah,blah enquiery, blah,blah 48hours, blah" :roll:
Ah well, hopefully it will get removed a bit quicker

I keep on gettting scam e-mail from banks on a regular basis, personally, I just delete them straight away, the first time I did ring the bank in question and they told me to ignore it and ring to report every time as they will look into it.

They didn't appear to be overly concerned I have to say.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37
    2. Camera lens33
    3. Android pay set up55
    4. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2841

See more discussions