Groups

Abbey(Santander or whatever they're called) scum of the earth yes or no?!

Does anyone else agree that Abbey's customer service stinks like a dog's butt?

You call them and are told to put in your card number, the machine never works, then they put you on hold for eternity, and eventually you might be lucky to speak to someone who cares whether you live or die!

30 Comments

Banned

Close your account.

It is that simple

Original Poster

Easier said than done pal

Yes!!

Supermod

So they are scum of the Earth because of your experience?

You are right. They are on a par with paedophiles and murderers.

Think most banks are the same nowadays-altho(fingers crossed),havent had any bad experiences myself with tsb.

Shows how times have changed-my mother used to get her bank manager to call at her house if she wanted anything!

Always been good in my experience, the top for me is O2 for CS, the bottom is atie between talktalk and sky.

we all have good & bad experiences & mines been a good one with them.

Banned

kurv

Easier said than done pal

What's difficult about closing an account oO

Original Poster

Well it's just insulting for them to keep using an automated phone system that does not work, with patronising messages to the effect of 'oh dear, we have exceptionally high call volume at the moment, did you know we have a website'

Original Poster

@ DLM

Have a think why it might not always be a simple solution to close a bank account

Banned

barky

Think most banks are the same nowadays-altho(fingers crossed),havent had … Think most banks are the same nowadays-altho(fingers crossed),havent had any bad experiences myself with tsb.Shows how times have changed-my mother used to get her bank manager to call at her house if she wanted anything!

agree with all that,but barky they only did the house call bit if you had a few bob

send an email to Antonio.Osorio@santander.co.uk the CEO and within a week your problems will be sorted and they will give you a "gift"

awful company, i had a long drawn out saga with them just to change my address, the people i spoke to didn't care less and a few just hung up!!.... i eventually got a cheque for £100 off them because of all the trouble i had with them, i have since cancelled my account but unfortunately stil have a mortgage with them see this thread

hotukdeals.com/mis…412
    Edited by: "souljacker" 20th Sep 2010

Banned

kurv

@ DLMHave a think why it might not always be a simple solution to close a … @ DLMHave a think why it might not always be a simple solution to close a bank account

No idea oO

Original Poster

Well I can't imagine he will change the customer service setup because of me, but worth a try

Original Poster

@ DLM

I am currently overseas and can't open a new account from over here.

Sick of them zapping my skype credit every day

My OH has had loads of issues with them. He has Santander credit card and a Alliance and leicester account. Anyway Alliance and leicester changed to Santander and changed their sort code. But didn't update it with Santander cards, therefore the DD to Santander didn't get paid (idiots) so he sorted it out they said they would update his credit file. Yet he keeps getting letters saying that he's missed a payment. So he contacts them again, all is ok yet the idiots send more letters! Bunch of braindead twits!

Original Poster

We all know that banks don't care about their customers, only sharholders. But some disguise that fact better than others IMO

agree

From my experience i've never spoken to a worst bunch of people at a customer services call centre than with abbey, and it wasn't just a one off, i must have made 20 phone calls

I'm with Alliance and Leicester which has just changed to Santander, I just hope it doesn't go down hill as never had a problem before.

I have a current account an e-saver, an ISA a joint current account and a credit card with them, never had a problem in 9 years.

Although i've never had to ring customer services

omg, best thing we done was switch, spent most my life in those lines just waiting.........

yes, i had loadsa problems with them, customer service was always awful, and when u have any problems and try and sort it out they always come back with we have no record of this, we havnt received your letter etc etc, even when they get sent recorded. i have another acc with hsbc, not had a prob with them in 9yrs.

don't know about Abbey, but Santander are carp call centres and really p me off, yet I went in to a high st branch as a mystery shopper recently and they were very helpful and pleasant.

Banned

Iv never had a problem with santander/abbey in the 10 years iv been with them

Banned

change to rbos,serious never had a problem with them!

Banned

kurv

@ DLMI am currently overseas and can't open a new account from over … @ DLMI am currently overseas and can't open a new account from over here.Sick of them zapping my skype credit every day

its a shame that new fangled internet thing hasn't caught on and meant that banks could have online services where you can open accounts
    oh wait......

[quote=RFC]change to rbos,serious never had a problem with them![/quote

Apart from them being unable to run a balance sheet and needing bailing out

Also they are still on massive cull of staff at RBS so problems may come

With alliance and leicester soon to become Sant they have been superb for me always easy to get hold of and talk to just hope they stay that way

HSBC now that is a complete joke for customer service
    Edited by: "Marty1981" 20th Sep 2010

Used to be with abbey, the customer service is awful. Switch to co op now and havent had any problems yet
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2175
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it22
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay918
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?915

See more discussions