Groups

Abbreviated accounts Companies House help please :)

If there is anyone out there, with some acounts knowledge..pls help.

Filling my ltd company abbreviated accounts via Companies House pdf now. Got my P&L account. My yearly loss came to (2210)... and now I'm stuck what to put into that Abbreviated Balance Sheet. It shoud be pretty simple, cause...

1.Have no fxed or current assets. Apart from 100pound Called up share capital not paid and 32pound cash in bank
    2.No deffered or accrued income

So, shareholders funds come to (2210) but they don't balance with total net assets... what to do?

thanks in advance

7 Comments

A group I am involved in (as a director) is listed with Companies House. I thought that you could have upto £5,000 in the bank before declaring it to them.

Original Poster

From what I know, as a ltd co. I have to send abbrev acc to CH within 12 mths after end of tax year. Went through their site-nothing mentioned bout cash in bank...

I have a meeting in Leeds with the other members of the group on Saturday, I could ask the treasurer if that helps.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;4552211

I have a meeting in Leeds with the other members of the group on … I have a meeting in Leeds with the other members of the group on Saturday, I could ask the treasurer if that helps.

thanks, but don't worry please. I have to send the abbrev accounts by tonight :oops: just realised on THE LAST DAY, cool hey?
    so, these way or the other will fill that weird balance sheet; just cannot balance the balance sheet... hope someone will be bored enough on this forum

Your concern is really appreciated. Thanks!

The total net assets (liabilities) should equal the shareholders funds. If you don't understand double entry bookkeeping (and it looks as though you don't!), you may have a few problems. All you can really do is send them in as they are and see what happens. If they come back you may need some professional advice.

Alternatively you could try making something up so they balance?

Original Poster

tony_s1;4553411

The total net assets (liabilities) should equal the shareholders funds. … The total net assets (liabilities) should equal the shareholders funds. If you don't understand double entry bookkeeping (and it looks as though you don't!), you may have a few problems. All you can really do is send them in as they are and see what happens. If they come back you may need some professional advice.Alternatively you could try making something up so they balance?

I do get the dbl entry bokkeeping, that's why I was sitting on it till it balanced. Forgot the loan the company took, and made the mistake at the beginning with p&l. its ok now, got accepted by CH in the morning.

Thanks for your input :thumbsup:

final accounts
    img3.imageshack.us/img…jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s11
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal11
      3. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!56
      4. Beer experts help required!46

See more discussions