Abit of advice needed please

Found 10th Dec 2017
Good morning guys, with the run to to Christmas and new year I just don't feel comfortable in myself. This time last year I was a size 16, this year I'm a size 6, I did no exercise to loose my weight just day to day chores and work, but iv worked here 6 years and done the same things day in day out. I haven't changed what Iv eaten in the slightest so I don't no where my weights going, Iv tried juice plus as I was told by a representative that this also helps with weight gain. It didn't work, Iv spoken to my doctor and he said it's because of my age etc but offered no help. Im only 23 so don't see how it has anything to do with my age. Surely there's someone out there that can help me gain just abit of weight. Iv never been smaller than a size 12 so a 6 is a huge worry to me. Please don't suggest eating more as Iv tried this and I can't stomach it. Thankyou to anyone who is willing to offer just a little suggestion. I'm literally willing to try anything, thanks again guys x
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Over active Thyroid ? With a huge weight loss your doctor should have done blood tests straight away. I would go see a different doctor.
A second medical opinion sounds like great advice. Good luck.
13 Comments
Over active Thyroid ? With a huge weight loss your doctor should have done blood tests straight away. I would go see a different doctor.
Ask your doctor to check your thyroid you might have developed an overactive one ?
I was thinking about changing my doctors, he doesn't offer me no help what so ever I also suffer with severe migraines Iv been to him in the past not even being able to open my eyes and he prescribed me paracetamol which obviously I didn't take to the pharmacy because I'm not spending over £8 paying for my prescription when I can buy them for less than a pound and I no they don't work for me. Iv asked for scans as my grandad had a brain tumour but was told that wouldn't be relevant because it would have been passed to my mother before me:/ . Defiantly time to change doctor now I think.
patti7 m ago

Over active Thyroid ? With a huge weight loss your doctor should have done …Over active Thyroid ? With a huge weight loss your doctor should have done blood tests straight away. I would go see a different doctor.

Will google this thankyou, will also be changing my doctors thanks for your help
jmcderm16 m ago

I will change my doctors thankyou so much
DawnConnolly14 m ago

Ask your doctor to check your thyroid you might have developed an …Ask your doctor to check your thyroid you might have developed an overactive one ?

I'm going to change my doctor as he doesn't really offer me any help. Thankyou for your suggestion
I have had episodes where i lose weight and can not work out why as i have not changed my routine or diet. I eat more to put the weight back on and that always seem to work but it still confuses me why i have lost weight in the first place. I find that if i have a lot on my mind, either stress or excitement, weight can start dropping off.

there was one summer when i had serious problems when i continued to lose weight but could not put it back on despite trying to eat as much as i possibly could and despite eating more, the weight loss continued so i could not even stop it. this lasted for about 3 months and i got seriously worried but fortunately it did not continue.

if i was size 16 and went to size 6 in a year, i would be so worried as that is some serious weight loss. no offence but it is good that you are no longer size 16, but to be size 6 is too drastically at the wrong end of the scale from size 16! this extreme loss without intention indicates that there is something wrong going on so you should ask to be referred to a consultant.

my mum lost 10kg in a month and the GP said it was nothing to worry about! she never could work out why and as the weight loss stopped it became a non issue, but it remains a mystery why she lost the weight as her diet and routine did not change.
Thyroid is the most probable cause but if you have been out of the uk on holiday or eaten any dodgy meat you could have tapeworm, threadworms or some other parasites internally some of these can cause rapid weight loss, but are easily treated.
Involuntary weight loss is pretty much always a sign of some health issue.
Not to scare you but get the doctor to run tests. Better to be safe than sorry.
yeah second opinion is a must.
10 sizes down in 12 months of unintentional weight loss does indicates some kind of health issue
mattsk52 m ago

yeah second opinion is a must.10 sizes down in 12 months of unintentional …yeah second opinion is a must.10 sizes down in 12 months of unintentional weight loss does indicates some kind of health issue

Lol. Womens clothes size go up in twos, so size 16 to size 6 is five sizes down
look for malnutrition signs such as wastage of muscle on buttocks and between fingers, could be a sign of coeliacs disease.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants