Expired

Abit of advice regarding an item sold on ebay please!

Found 22nd May
Hi all! Just some advise please - I sold an item on 20th April 2018

Samsung Gear VR headset R323 BNIB - SEALED. (Which was sent to me from Vodafone)

The buyer has just contacted me saying the item has developed a fault

'The view is tilted / crooked for some reason. I tried two different phones but same result

I didn't want to bother you so i tried registering it with Samsung for warranty but they say this serial and model is already registered. It shouldn't be because it was brand new and sealed.

Could you please help me. Thank you'

The item hasn't been registered.. As i hadn't even opened the seal box. What do i do?? My listing stated no returns accepted. But the buyer has had it over a month.. isit still my responsibility.

Thank you for your help in advance
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
deleted396333
Contact Vodafone?
Well i have told him to. He said not to worry and re sell as faulty.

thanks
When you buy at auction, you try it IMMEDIATELY. 30 days is more than most shops allow and over double the distance selling regs.

Presumably he registered it for warranty. It seems from what you say that he intends to re-sell as faulty. Sounds like a try on for money back.
Call samsung to verify if its registered or not?
I sold once a Sony smart watch that was sealed still when the buyer got it.

Three weeks after he contacted me saying there were problems with the speaker during calls.
Got him to return it to me for a refund and I got the retailer I had got it from to take it back and replace it as I was still within 30 days from the purchase.
I then resold the new one I got without problems.

I'd take it back and have it repaired or exchanged by Vodafone (if within 30 days they should give you a new one and not repair). O2 exchanged within 30 days from purchase.

In any case deal with Vodafone for a possible repair (they are the retailer after all) and bypass that way the "already registered warranty" issue.

If the item is faulty the buyer will always be able to open a case and return it. Putting no returns only means you don't accept returns just because the buyer changed their mind or bought the wrong item etc.
Private sellers seem to not understand this.
Edited by: "hearts22" 22nd May
hearts2241 m ago

I sold once a Sony smart watch that was sealed still when the buyer got …I sold once a Sony smart watch that was sealed still when the buyer got it.Three weeks after he contacted me saying there were problems with the speaker during calls.Got him to return it to me for a refund and I got the retailer I had got it from to take it back and replace it as I was still within 30 days from the purchase. I then resold the new one I got without problems. I'd take it back and have it repaired or exchanged by Vodafone (if within 30 days they should give you a new one and not repair). O2 exchanged within 30 days from purchase. In any case deal with Vodafone for a possible repair (they are the retailer after all) and bypass that way the "already registered warranty" issue. If the item is faulty the buyer will always be able to open a case and return it. Putting no returns only means you don't accept returns just because the buyer changed their mind or bought the wrong item etc. Private sellers seem to not understand this.

I got the item from Vodafone more then 30 days ago so i can't actually return. They are sorting it out now anyway. Thank you for the comment. And also clarifying what 'Don't accept returns' means
Tiddly_fiddly3 h, 49 m ago

I got the item from Vodafone more then 30 days ago so i can't actually …I got the item from Vodafone more then 30 days ago so i can't actually return. They are sorting it out now anyway. Thank you for the comment. And also clarifying what 'Don't accept returns' means

Don't accept returns means if I bought the headset from you and didn't like it, made me dizzy etc. Then I can't ask you to take the item back.

But if I found a fault with the item (damaged, didn't work etc). Then this is down to you, and how you listed the item on eBay (if you actually point out the fault in the first place).

Buyers always try this faulty route after they damage your sold goods.

I had it recently. I had some skateboard trucks wheels and bearings for sale. I repaired the trucks so the threads were newly cut etc.
Buyer wins the item, 4 weeks later I get a message saying "did you know the item was damaged?" And goes on about how it's all cross threaded etc. 'i never used the item and it's faulty, blah blah blah.'

Turns out he was lying and trying to get his money back after damaging my items. A few shares photos of the tools I used to complete the work, photos from the auction. The problem went away.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions