About Richer Sounds Customer Service

Found 24th Nov 2017
I think everyone knows by now - because I've mentioned that in at least a gazillion threads - that about a month ago I bought an LG UJ630V 43" from RS and the TV turned out to be crap and I had to return it back to RS. Ever since that I've been warning everyone posting a deal about 630V, not to buy that TV as the picture is poor, dark & not clear if you're not sat right in front of it & in line.

RS initially charged me £58 for returning it back as depreciation on the set and I mentioned that in one of my comments here that I wasn't happy about that as I thought you could return an item that is not as described within 28 days (may be you can't if it has been used).

In any case, real fault probably lied with me as I blindly trusted the LG brand, having owned LG full HD tvs before (this was a 4K set btw & our first 4k) and not checking it out thoroughly at the RS shop where it was purchased, before purchasing it.

RS rep @Richer.Sounds saw my post & got in touch & yesterday I received a cheque in post with the £58 refunded.

Before, I wasn't too sure abt RS and their customer service; but after this I've definitely become a die-hard fan and have decided to always use them to get my electrical stuff in the future - No retailer goes out of their way to make a customer this happy, never happened to me before.

Thought I should share this with all of you.

I've attached a picture of the cheque I received from RS.

2840089-2kb0A.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
27 Comments
Surely not fit for purpose...Martin Lewis would surely be shouting at you to reject the goods (...bought on credit card?)
davewave4 m ago

Surely not fit for purpose...Martin Lewis would surely be shouting at you …Surely not fit for purpose...Martin Lewis would surely be shouting at you to reject the goods (...bought on credit card?)

Bought in shop, on credit card. Took TV back, got refunded full amount - 15% = £58. Got cheque for that thanks to @Richer.Sounds rep - so, overall very very pleased & grateful.
You posted on social media and they sent you a check, not a surprise, they basically gave you your money back, which they should of done in the first place.
no_Sunshine2 m ago

Bought in shop, on credit card. Took TV back, got refunded full amount - …Bought in shop, on credit card. Took TV back, got refunded full amount - 15% = £58. Got cheque for that thanks to @Richer.Sounds rep - so, overall very very pleased & grateful.

oops sorry, I get it. Nice job. Richer Sounds have a good reputation tbh.
catbeans2 m ago

You posted on social media and they sent you a check, not a surprise, …You posted on social media and they sent you a check, not a surprise, they basically gave you your money back, which they should of done in the first place.

Still not too sure if they really had to refund full amount. From what I've read online about consumer law is that if product has been opened up & used, it is not considered up for full refund. We basically used the TV for 2 weeks+ (I was tinkering with settings all that time, trying to get it to look best to suit our needs, but in vain).
no_Sunshine8 m ago

Still not too sure if they really had to refund full amount. From what …Still not too sure if they really had to refund full amount. From what I've read online about consumer law is that if product has been opened up & used, it is not considered up for full refund. We basically used the TV for 2 weeks+ (I was tinkering with settings all that time, trying to get it to look best to suit our needs, but in vain).

oh I was under the impression you were advised by the staff what TV to get. But still they are doing it to be kind, they are doing it to shut you up.
So basically they're paying you the £58 to now sing their praises, and bang on about how wonderful they are now.
I like your principals!
catbeans4 m ago

oh I was under the impression you were advised by the staff what TV to …oh I was under the impression you were advised by the staff what TV to get. But still they are doing it to be kind, they are doing it to shut you up.

No, it was my own intuition to buy that set
Maybe, but I am very happy with the outcome. Don't think any other retailer would've done the same?
Dyslexic_Dog2 m ago

So basically they're paying you the £58 to now sing their praises, and …So basically they're paying you the £58 to now sing their praises, and bang on about how wonderful they are now.I like your principals!

They didn't ask me to post this - Was just sharing my experience. Guess, I didn't realise there were people like yourself in these threads who would doubt everything. So, just tell me would any other retailer would've done the same? Currys would never, not too sure about John Lewis though.
Dyslexic_Dog8 m ago

So basically they're paying you the £58 to now sing their praises, and …So basically they're paying you the £58 to now sing their praises, and bang on about how wonderful they are now.I like your principals!

And btw, & this is not a pun, it's "principLEs"
When buying a TV you really need to do your research on it. Read every review you can and also try to find unboxing videos on youtube. I literally scour the entire internet before i buy something that I hope will last 5 years.

I think nearly all brands have a very wide range from poor quality to high quality. Or at least from Poor to Medium quality.
J4GG43 m ago

When buying a TV you really need to do your research on it. Read every …When buying a TV you really need to do your research on it. Read every review you can and also try to find unboxing videos on youtube. I literally scour the entire internet before i buy something that I hope will last 5 years.I think nearly all brands have a very wide range from poor quality to high quality. Or at least from Poor to Medium quality.

You're spot on. Most reviews I read were great, but they were based on pretty much same particular setting = viewing TV from right in front. Our living room's setup differently, with sofas on both sides of TV and hence it was very noticeable for us. Also, never had bad experience with LG before, so thought this would be good too. But, like you said, manufacturers a wide range of products & this was probably the lowest product in the range & hence cheap too.
Why'd you wait 7 months before posting about it?
So are they going to drop this policy for others in future?
Segata-Sanshiro4 m ago

Why'd you wait 7 months before posting about it?

That's what happens when someone doesn't read the description properly & posts a comment - Bought TV (almost) 35 days back. Returned TV (almost) 15 days back - Got cheque yesterday.
MSK.51 s ago

So are they going to drop this policy for others in future?

Which policy is that?
no_Sunshine4 m ago

Which policy is that?

The 15% restocking fee.
MSK.1 m ago

The 15% restocking fee.

Not sure. But worth asking their rep here ( @Richer.Sounds ) or asking in-store when you buy the product?
no_Sunshine2 m ago

Not sure. But worth asking their rep here ( @Richer.Sounds ) or asking …Not sure. But worth asking their rep here ( @Richer.Sounds ) or asking in-store when you buy the product?

I'm gonna take that as a no then, if you haven't spoken to Richer Sounds about it.

I don't really see this as a consumer victory, it didn't help anyone else. It just got you a full refund, that you may have been entitled to anyway.
MSK.2 m ago

I'm gonna take that as a no then, if you haven't spoken to Richer Sounds …I'm gonna take that as a no then, if you haven't spoken to Richer Sounds about it.I don't really see this as a consumer victory, it didn't help anyone else. It just got you a full refund, that you may have been entitled to anyway.

"May" is the main keyword here. Not sure I was, but they were kind. May be others can speak to rep & get a refund in future too? - So, it's helpful from my point of view - Though I can't say this will definitely happen to others too, as I don't own or run RS, sadly
MSK.1 h, 39 m ago

I'm gonna take that as a no then, if you haven't spoken to Richer Sounds …I'm gonna take that as a no then, if you haven't spoken to Richer Sounds about it.I don't really see this as a consumer victory, it didn't help anyone else. It just got you a full refund, that you may have been entitled to anyway.

To be fair to Richer Sounds, their website states that you will receive a full refund unless they deem it has been handled unnecessarily by the person who bought it.

“Richer Sounds reserves the right to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.“

That usually means if it’s been returned with a damaged box, missing accessories etc. Full returns details are here. richersounds.com/inf…ns/

I’ve only ever had good experiences with them. They even allowed my dad to return a TV he had used for a month for a full refund as he was wanting a 3DTV from them that was only about £100 more. They’re the only company I go to when it comes to TVs and Home Cinema. Far better than the likes of Currys in my opinion. Always nice to have a chat with the staff instore too as they actually know what they’re talking about in my local.

By comparison, I went to Currys for a subwoofer cable and they tried to sell me an tv aerial lead.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 24th Nov 2017
There's some right moaning @!*+&£@#'s on this thread, no_Sunshine is just sharing what they think is a decent gesture and good customer service so that others can take this into account when they choose a retailer to buy from in the future.
Biddy21 h, 0 m ago

To be fair to Richer Sounds, their website states that you will receive a …To be fair to Richer Sounds, their website states that you will receive a full refund unless they deem it has been handled unnecessarily by the person who bought it. “Richer Sounds reserves the right to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.“That usually means if it’s been returned with a damaged box, missing accessories etc. Full returns details are here. https://www.richersounds.com/information/returns/I’ve only ever had good experiences with them. They even allowed my dad to return a TV he had used for a month for a full refund as he was wanting a 3DTV from them that was only about £100 more. They’re the only company I go to when it comes to TVs and Home Cinema. Far better than the likes of Currys in my opinion. Always nice to have a chat with the staff instore too as they actually know what they’re talking about in my local. By comparison, I went to Currys for a subwoofer cable and they tried to sell me an tv aerial lead.

So they deemed it returned in shoddy condition?

I really want to like Richer Sounds, but I've never had great experiences in their stores. It feels like a bit of an old boys club. They laughed me out if the shop when I speculated PS4 Pro would support HDR last year and would only show me bottom on the line tv's .

I've had better experiences in Currys, lack of experience makes them less stuck in their ways
Skaman1 h, 1 m ago

There's some right moaning @!*+&£@#'s on this thread, no_Sunshine is just …There's some right moaning @!*+&£@#'s on this thread, no_Sunshine is just sharing what they think is a decent gesture and good customer service so that others can take this into account when they choose a retailer to buy from in the future.

After they've done a good amount of moaning in many other threads about how much they dislike Richer Sounds. I'd say OP started the moaning.
Wouldn’t believe the Op, sorry, after they called me out about how the site was run on another thread more than once and I proved them wrong and didn’t have the courtesy of saying they were wrong
Why was Richer Sounds selling a crap tv to their valued customers in the first place? They must check these particularTV s before they agree to sell them in their stores?
hooray.henry7 h, 15 m ago

Why was Richer Sounds selling a crap tv to their valued customers in the …Why was Richer Sounds selling a crap tv to their valued customers in the first place? They must check these particularTV s before they agree to sell them in their stores?

I agree with that, but then again like someone else said; manufacturers nowadays make a wide range of sets from the more expensive to the budget ones. This was the cheapest LG 4k and every retailer is selling this & that's why I bought it, thinking because its an LG (having owned LGs in the past & being v happy with them) it'll be okay.

So, not just RS selling this; everyone is.

We should do more homework as consumers/customers - to make sure we get a good deal/tv set...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants