It would be a little 13.3" macbook.
Cheers

1. Misc
  2. Apple
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Apple
37 Comments

No more viruses. An operating system that is slick and very intuitive. superb design. Did I mention no more viruses? They hold there value very well just look at the used prices! Really easy software.
Enjoy.

chillipuss;4514592

No more viruses. Did I mention no more viruses? .

]http//ww…ce/

dont do it,,,

nothing to be aware of. if you don't like osx (which i doubt will be the case) you can just install windows xp on it anyway.

i love my macbook but never ever believe the fact that they just work. they do break, they do crash. they do slow down. not as often as my old windows laptop but still, it DOES happen.

Original Poster Banned

yeah but technology is prone to all that.
Ive bought a bargain macbook.
I'm chuffed.

good man. you'll experience a new era. install Monolingual and free up about 4gb of space unless you really need chinese keyboard layouts etc :thumbsup:

I'm a recent convert to Macbooks and I LOVE mine- it's much simpler to use than Windows. I'm a bit of a numpty with technology and can break most things but (touch wood) this has been a beauty, would recommend!

Don't go over to the dark side........it can be difficult to come back.

Original Poster Banned

oh ill be keeping my desktop also!
Just wanted a mac for ages.
I got a dream bargain that i really couldnt resist, got to try and sell my other laptop mind to help bring back some pennies.
But i guess when ill get it, ill need some help with it.

What are they like to upgrade etc?

shanecr;4514654

]http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12/02/apple_mac_av_advice/

there are 4 known virus's for Apple, 3 of which come from microsoft when they Launched Microsoft office for Mac.

The only reason that Apple recommend you use Anti-virus is because more people are switching to Apple but still want Office on there Mac.

Its a great system, I did it a number of years ago and where I work we are all apple mac users...

Its saved us £15K a year as business as you dont need IT support for an apple mac network!

thats how easy and fun they are to use

rogerdodger;4516765

oh ill be keeping my desktop also!Just wanted a mac for ages.I got a … oh ill be keeping my desktop also!Just wanted a mac for ages.I got a dream bargain that i really couldnt resist, got to try and sell my other laptop mind to help bring back some pennies.But i guess when ill get it, ill need some help with it.What are they like to upgrade etc?

easy. unscrew the bottom t-bar and you have access to the ram slots and the tab for the harddrive.
i did that straight away. 500gb harddrive and 4gb of ram. unless i do something idiotic, it runs like an absolute dream

Original Poster Banned

are they easier than normal laptops.
Im a desktop man, i know pretty much most things about desktops, building repairing etc.
However when it comes to laptops, im not very "keen" shall we say lol.
Okay, ill give it a blast when it arrives :).
Excited.

it's a 5 minute job for the ram, a little bit longer for the harddrive. maybe 10-15mins for that? make sure you get the osx discs with the macbook. nice work on the bargain though.

Original Poster Banned

cristoff;4516861

it's a 5 minute job for the ram, a little bit longer for the harddrive. … it's a 5 minute job for the ram, a little bit longer for the harddrive. maybe 10-15mins for that? make sure you get the osx discs with the macbook. nice work on the bargain though.

yeah im getting those disks i asked.
Yeh couldnt resist, in terms on MAC's, what software can be put on?
Anything?

everything runs on a mac except blu-ray support. so unless you were about to buy an external usb blu-ray drive, you'll find enough software for this. Office, iTunes (which is much more stable on a mac than pc), Quicktime and Firefox do all most people will require of it.

what do you need to be aware of????

you're about to buy a mac!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Original Poster Banned

cristoff;4516896

everything runs on a mac except blu-ray support. so unless you were about … everything runs on a mac except blu-ray support. so unless you were about to buy an external usb blu-ray drive, you'll find enough software for this. Office, iTunes (which is much more stable on a mac than pc), Quicktime and Firefox do all most people will require of it.

Yeah sounds good.
Is blu-ray support coming out?

How do the actual imac's compare to normal desktops?
As used one in a hotel room(which started me off in the mac craze).

Original Poster Banned

hypnoticstate;4516901

what do you need to be aware of????you're about to buy a mac!!!! DON'T DO … what do you need to be aware of????you're about to buy a mac!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!

i've already bought it now

you can put tons of software on it Microsoft office, games, photoshop... depending on your spec you can Put Call of Duty 4 on the machine as well..

RogerDodger - welcome to the MAC side

Bluray support is 2010 but as an external option only.

One of the best investments you will have ever made.

Original Poster Banned

darrenwooly;4516918

RogerDodger - welcome to the MAC side

haha
Cheers

if you are after a copy of Leopard OS X I have a legit copy for sale on here for £25.

Original Poster Banned

darrenwooly;4516934

if you are after a copy of Leopard OS X I have a legit copy for sale on … if you are after a copy of Leopard OS X I have a legit copy for sale on here for £25.

I think im getting the disks?
But can you clarifiy what all this leopard and tiger malarky is.

What is the one you want?

Original Poster Banned

Money Spinning;4516931

One of the best investments you will have ever made.

Hopefully yes.
I'll know next week

rogerdodger;4516907

Yeah sounds good.Is blu-ray support coming out?How do the actual imac's … Yeah sounds good.Is blu-ray support coming out?How do the actual imac's compare to normal desktops?As used one in a hotel room(which started me off in the mac craze).

iMacs are nice. when i buy my new apartment i'll be getting one from my work. They're the same really, all in one, only one cable (power) and upgradeability is ok for the Ram and HDD. Not sure on the Graphics Cards etc, someone else can clarify that for me, but they're good. They're even releasing games for the Mac now like Cod4 and Halo!

I am torn because I don't like some of the practises that apple lays down but I like people consider more than just windows nowadays.......go with Linux for the best of all worlds and bring world peace.

rogerdodger;4516939

I think im getting the disks?But can you clarifiy what all this leopard … I think im getting the disks?But can you clarifiy what all this leopard and tiger malarky is.What is the one you want?

Leopard is the latest incarnation of the MAC Operating System. Akin to Vista. Tiger is XP. Snow Leopard is due soon

Original Poster Banned

Right i get you.
Cristoff where do you work?
Can you get me an imac cheap haha.
When i move into my flat next year, pending upon this macbook being good, i may treat myself.

I Have a 20 inch top spec Imac for sale as well... just incase you havent purchased your Macbook yet:

spec as follows:

2 GHZ Intel Core 2 duo
2GB RAM
250GB Hard Drive
20 Inch screen version

its less than 12 months old, same as my Avatar image.

Thought Snow Leopard was out? That gonna be on the new iMacs then? new/updated iMacs where are youuuuuuuuuuu!

dunno about official release date.i have the developers edition running right now but i'm certain it's a may/june release. could be completely wrong though

Ah ok...hmm around windows 7 time then I guess.

EDIT:

Actually strike that... I think I read something about vista machines bought around June have free upgrade to 7 or something.

chillipuss;4514592

No more viruses. An operating system that is slick and very intuitive. … No more viruses. An operating system that is slick and very intuitive. superb design. Did I mention no more viruses? They hold there value very well just look at the used prices! Really easy software.Enjoy.

Trojans are everywhere. They attack even MAC.

prince4world;4518535

Trojans are everywhere. They attack even MAC.

but there are only 4 for a mac, how many for a PC?

Well as you seem to have already bought the hardware and got a good deal you say its a moot point but i would say if you have the chance don't buy the hardware.

Their software is great but I don't think the cost of the hardware is easy to justify.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions