Groups

abscess??toothache

Hi last night i was woken up a painfull toothache but has eased a bit since then,im wondering if its a abscess anf it hurts when i put pressure on the tooth.

im wondering if its worth putting up with the pain to see if it eases off.

any ideas

45 Comments

are you male or female?

Female, try some oil of clove, see if it eases off in a day or so.

male, I'll call the ambulance for you now!!

Original Poster

lol male

if its an abcess then you have to go to the dentist for antibiotics, its very easy to put pressure on your tooth to releave the pain but if it gets into your blood stream it can actually be fatal, it may end up killing the nerve and the tooth should be removed.

It souinds as if you have an infection of some kind & I would highly recommend that you make an app' for the dentist as soon as.

go dentist asap....just tell them ur problem and they shud book u in for an appointment tomorrow at tooth hurty.

You know HUKD has taken over your life when you go there to seek medical advice. :roll:

Book an appointment with a dentist asap. NHS emergency dentist will prob see you today if you say you're in agony! Good luck with it :thumbsup:

yeah try to make an appointment with your dentist, i had an abcess and it was horrid, clove oil is very good but didnt help when i had an abcess unfortunately but brilliant if i just get toothache, i got antibiotics and pain killers from the dentist, and it was all sorted in a few days, good luck with getting it sorted

Lots of warm salt water, just keep on rinsing out! would do that first before a dentist! give it a go!

Original Poster

im also worried about the costs as i was only at the dentists 2 weeks ago

antibiotics = about £7 prescription charge
    route canal etc £lots
    extraction - a tenner?

Original Poster

would they just give me antibiotics?

strobez1977;3624287

would they just give me antibiotics?

initially, you would need antibiotics to clear up infection before any work could be done on the root

adp;3624254

Lots of warm salt water, just keep on rinsing out! would do that first … Lots of warm salt water, just keep on rinsing out! would do that first before a dentist! give it a go!

Ditto that, salt water is an antiseptic and you should notice the swelling go down quite quickly.

Liddle ol' me;3624227

You know HUKD has taken over your life when you go there to seek medical … You know HUKD has taken over your life when you go there to seek medical advice. :roll:Book an appointment with a dentist asap. NHS emergency dentist will prob see you today if you say you're in agony! Good luck with it :thumbsup:

+1

(Always wanted to do that)

For anyone else wondering, I have devised a cunning formula:

Tooth hurts = Dentist

thesaint;3624304

+1For anyone else wondering, I have devised a cunning formula:Tooth hurts … +1For anyone else wondering, I have devised a cunning formula:Tooth hurts = Dentist

My formula, Tooth hurts = try all remedies before seeking Dentist, that is the last resort!!

From scardie cat
    Berni888

J9STL;3624280

extraction - a tenner?

its classed as band 2 treatment, so £42 ish if your with an NHS dentist. :thumbsup:

berni888;3624327

My formula, Tooth hurts = try all remedies before seeking Dentist, that … My formula, Tooth hurts = try all remedies before seeking Dentist, that is the last resort!! From scardie catBerni888

Yeah, seen your pic on the photo thread

http://www.killsometime.com/pictures/images/No-Teeth.jpg

J9STL;3624280

antibiotics = about £7 prescription chargeroute canal etc £lotsextraction … antibiotics = about £7 prescription chargeroute canal etc £lotsextraction - a tenner?

That was £42+ at the emergency dentist when i had an abscess.

He took an xray, did the anasthetic jab, it DIDN'T numb the pain, so he "topped me up" which hurt like hell . . . . . still not numb, as i'd taken 25mins of his time he said "come on, lets go for it anyway", he started pulling and it really was agony, i actually howled a bit - then the yellow abscess stuff was round the tooth root - it didn't show up on the xray (apparently) and the top up injection went directly into the abscess, hence it didn't work.

GO TO THE DENTIST!!! lol :w00t:

MinstrelMan;3624343

its classed as band 2 treatment, so £42 ish if your with an NHS dentist. … its classed as band 2 treatment, so £42 ish if your with an NHS dentist. :thumbsup:

wow, I'm not registered with a dentist and I went to the local one for extraction after I had an abcess under a broken tooth and it cost me around a tenner...... at least he said he was a dentist :?

berni888;3624327

My formula, Tooth hurts = try all remedies before seeking Dentist, that … My formula, Tooth hurts = try all remedies before seeking Dentist, that is the last resort!! From scardie catBerni888

I hope you don't apply the same formula to other parts of your body. If you do, expect a shorter life than you might otherwise achieve

J9STL;3624372

wow, I'm not registered with a dentist and I went to the local one for … wow, I'm not registered with a dentist and I went to the local one for extraction after I had an abcess under a broken tooth and it cost me around a tenner...... at least he said he was a dentist :?

He didn't perform the procedure in the pool room at your local with brandy as the anasthetic did he?

If so, pretty sure he's not qualified bud . . . . . .

J9STL;3624372

wow, I'm not registered with a dentist and I went to the local one for … wow, I'm not registered with a dentist and I went to the local one for extraction after I had an abcess under a broken tooth and it cost me around a tenner...... at least he said he was a dentist :?

£10 bargin! :lol:

did he have a crazy look in his eye? or did he even put you to sleep? maybe he got his monies worth there :thumbsup:

Original Poster

my worry is that my local dentist isnt much good,last time i tried getting a emergency appointment it took weeks,do you think i could just phone up and ask them to speak to my dentist and get a subscription for anitbiotics?

Oh lawd. :-(

strobez1977;3624431

my worry is that my local dentist isnt much good,last time i tried … my worry is that my local dentist isnt much good,last time i tried getting a emergency appointment it took weeks,do you think i could just phone up and ask them to speak to my dentist and get a subscription for anitbiotics?

You need your local NHS walk in centre m8, jou can usually get an appointment in a day or so, its for emergencys only and you will have to lay the pain on a bit but will be quicker as a one off than your registered dentist Phone consultations tend not to be that effective . . . . "Hello doctor, i'm in agony, can i have a prescription for some of that lovely morphine please . ." they tend to like making the diagnosis themselves :w00t:

thesaint;3624351

Yeah, seen your pic on the photo thread

You is soooooooooo funny! Made me laugh though!! Cheers

yeah, seriously, paid for antibiotics prescription about £7, then wenrt back a week later & he suggested extraction - & charged me a tenner?
    maybe as I was not registered, the charges are different?

J9STL;3624461

yeah, seriously, paid for antibiotics prescription about £7, then wenrt … yeah, seriously, paid for antibiotics prescription about £7, then wenrt back a week later & he suggested extraction - & charged me a tenner?maybe as I was not registered, the charges are different?

:lol: as if you dentist does foriegners!

"Heres some pain..... that'll be £10 please!" *puts tenner in back pocket*

result, I want that dentist!

Just to help in the meantime i suggest you get to the chemist and get 'Anbesol' you just rub it on and it numbs the area for you (a bit like the injection they use in the dentist) its only about £2

Original Poster

i will book a appointment tommorow and hopefully get seen tomorrow,with a abscess do they just drain inside the tooth?

You will be lucky to get dental appt this week. You need to phone NHS Direct if you are in pain. They will assess you and decide if you need to be seen urgently.

0845 4647

strobez1977;3626191

i will book a appointment tommorow and hopefully get seen tomorrow,with a … i will book a appointment tommorow and hopefully get seen tomorrow,with a abscess do they just drain inside the tooth?

they didnt actually drain mine, they just gave me antibiotics and painkillers, and they made me another appointment for about 2 weeks later for some follow up treatment

Original Poster

it does hurt,i can feel what tooth it is,dont want to live on painkillers all week :(~

Make an appointment and go to the dentist.
    No point in worrying about all sorts of treatments or what-ever until you find out what the matter is.
    It'll be alright.:thumbsup:

strobez1977;3626225

it does hurt,i can feel what tooth it is,dont want to live on painkillers … it does hurt,i can feel what tooth it is,dont want to live on painkillers all week :(~

THEN MAKE THE PHONE CALL, or you will be on painkillers all week

Original Poster

Just called the emergency nhs line and after talking to them they told me to call my local dentist in the morning,i hope they can see me tomorrow

Original Poster

ive just read about the costs of treatment on a website and it says if i have visited the dentist and had treatment in the last 2 months then i should not be charged for any other dental work which are in the same price band

Original Poster

im now sat up in mega pain!!cant sleep

Original Poster

got a appointment for 2 30 this afternoon,will update

strobez1977;3631912

got a appointment for 2 30 this afternoon,will update

that's an ironic appointment time :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1526
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886404
      3. One for the mathmaticians2744
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1529

See more discussions