Found 23rd Oct 2016
I purchased a desk lamp from Amazon in March which came with 5 year manufacturer warranty. It broke and I was sent a replacement F.O.C and told to dump the old one.

It turns out the fault was with the adapter.

The rating is 13v 1amp

I can't find one for sale anywhere.

I'm clueless when it comes to things like this. I believe amp rating can be above 1 but V must be 13.

The lamp cost me £80, so I'm happy to spend a reasonable amount on a variable adapter, but even then the ratings seem to go from 12 straight to 13.5v

Any suggestions for me so I can end up with 2 lamps?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

The a page does not matter as the lamp will draw what it wants. you could go for 12v 10amp and it would be ok. Do not go upset the a page as the adapter it get warm.

Original Poster Banned

Deciphering auto spell check.

Are you saying 12v 2amp will be ok?

This is the product
Edited by: "cchopps" 23rd Oct 2016

**ampage

yes 12v 2amp fine. it will be slightly simmer missing 1v but good enough.

yes. 12v 2amp fine

Not sure, the lower voltage will cause a higher current draw which might cause the electronics in the lamp to run hotter. I would always advise to use the same voltage and nothing below the lamp amp rating. Plenty on ebay so no excuse.
Remember you can go up in amps but the voltage should be the same.

As above (kester76), I advise you to stick with the original values (13v 1a). Type this "13v 1a" into eBay, there are plenty.
Edited by: "joshp" 23rd Oct 2016

seems odd in description it suggests 12v so why is the adapter 13v maybe that's why its got knackered so quickly

Original Poster Banned

joshp

As above (kester76), I advise you to stick with the original values (13v … As above (kester76), I advise you to stick with the original values (13v 1a). Type this "13v 1a" into eBay, there are plenty.

I would love to stick with original values. The advertised 13v 1a are all 12v 2a judging by the pics and the specification of each ebay item I've checked.

cchopps

I would love to stick with original values. The advertised 13v 1a are … I would love to stick with original values. The advertised 13v 1a are all 12v 2a judging by the pics and the specification of each ebay item I've checked.

You don't say what connection is it but this is the first search result: ebay.co.uk/itm…379?hash=item5d4f26d493:g:DlYAAOSwEK9T81av
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244939
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    3. Add one, leave one game54415485
    4. A1 Travel no longer trading!33

See more discussions