Groups

Acapellas

Anyone know a good place to get these?

10 Comments

Banned

beatport

Make your own

Using Adobe Audition 1.5

00. First, you're going to need the Kn0ck0ut VST plug-in. So download it from this URL:
    freewebs.com/st3…va/

01. Next, add the "Kn0ck0ut" plug-in into your VST plug-ins directory (usually c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 1.5)

02. Run Adobe Audition and open the desired track and instrumental.

03. Open Multitrack View (View => Multitrack View)

04. Zoom in and align them as close as possible.

05. Make the original track's channel pan left, and the instrumental on the right, since Kn0ck0ut phases out the right, which is the beat.

06. Create a mixdown of the two tracks. (Edit => Mixdown to file => All Audio Clips)

07. Now in "Edit Waveform View", you have a mixdown of track (Left Channel) & instrumental (Right Channel)

08. Run the Kn0ck0ut plug-in (Effects => Vst => Kn0ck0ut)

09. Make sure "Extract Centre" is off, then press preview to listen and make changes to your CPU acapella, playing around with the settings. When you're done, press Ok and go to "Save as" and save your newly created CPU acapella.

It's a game of trial and error, not all tracks can create an acapella. An instrumental is needed of course and must be aligned perfectly (adjust tempo if needed). The quality of the track should be somewhat high, at least the vocals have to be clear and heard.

Enjoy.

Nate

Original Poster

Thanks repped you both!!

The second link it won't let me register cos I have a free email!

I had to use a proper email Addy when I joined. You just reminded me above though as when I posted link I forgot about that, yeah mailinator would not work for me.

Not sure it's that good there anyways it just showed up in my computer when I searched my computer for acapellas. I have loads

Original Poster

tony_dudz;6397839

i use this mate!http://www.blacklabelled.com/bl/index.phpits got loads

That's amazing thanks mate! too bad there's no search thing

dontasciime;6397818

I had to use a proper email Addy when I joined. You just reminded me … I had to use a proper email Addy when I joined. You just reminded me above though as when I posted link I forgot about that, yeah mailinator would not work for me.Not sure it's that good there anyways it just showed up in my computer when I searched my computer for acapellas. I have loads

Can't even use hotmail.

Met-Cast;6399015

That's amazing thanks mate! too bad there's no search thing

ah well, at least theres thousands of them from a-z all for free eh, no problem:thumbsup:

Original Poster

tony_dudz;6399196

ah well, at least theres thousands of them from a-z all for free eh, no … ah well, at least theres thousands of them from a-z all for free eh, no problem:thumbsup:

Thanks mate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Keter 6x4 shed.44
      2. Are the free antivirus any good?66
      3. Currys Return33
      4. How long do CEX take to process a bank transfer?87

See more discussions