Accelerated Reader

Posted 31st Dec 2019
I know this is a huge ask but if someone has a few spare minutes would you please request some of the books on the following list on this website. We would really really appreciate any help! My daughters school uses Accelerated Reading and they only come up with quizzes for nee books after they've been requested by 10 different people.

This is the website www1.renaissance.com/Cus…-UK

Name Emma Carroll
Title Somerset Tsunami
ISBN 9780571332816

Name Lorraine Gregory
Title The maker of Monsters
ISBN 9780192768834

Name Alice Hemming
Title Midnight Unicorn
ISBN 9781407199528

Name Julie Pike
Title The last spell breather
ISBN 9780192771605

Name Helena Duggan
Title Battle for Perfect
ISBN 9781528882422

Name Anna James
Title Tilly and the lost Fairy tales
ISBN 9780008229924

Name Amy Wilson
Title Shadows of Winterspell
ISBN 9781760789190

Thank you. If there are any other books anyone wants to request that aren't on the website please let me know and I will request them too
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
So between you, your other half and your daughter, you can't find ten different people to do this?
Not sure if you have a local library near you , but if so , are you aware you can order in books you want for free, normally takes a couple of days to get them it from whichever branch of the library has them in our area as long as they are not all being borrowed. Only suggesting this , as I’m assuming your daughters school pays for the books it adds to the system and it seems a bit unfair to try and manipulate it if your daughter is the only one that wants them .
tinkerbellian31/12/2019 16:18

Not sure if you have a local library near you , but if so , are you aware …Not sure if you have a local library near you , but if so , are you aware you can order in books you want for free, normally takes a couple of days to get them it from whichever branch of the library has them in our area as long as they are not all being borrowed. Only suggesting this , as I’m assuming your daughters school pays for the books it adds to the system and it seems a bit unfair to try and manipulate it if your daughter is the only one that wants them .

No this is a national reading scheme because schools are too lazy to accept written book reviews. My daughter has read the above books but since they people behind the accelerated reading rubbish haven't come up with a quiz for these books yet they don't count as her having read them. She has to take a quiz about each book she has read on the accelerated Reader website as proof that she has read a book. And unless at least 10 different people have requested a book they won't even think about making a quiz for a book. That's why I'm asking for help
nadhaw31/12/2019 16:23

No this is a national reading scheme because schools are too lazy to …No this is a national reading scheme because schools are too lazy to accept written book reviews. My daughter has read the above books but since they people behind the accelerated reading rubbish haven't come up with a quiz for these books yet they don't count as her having read them. She has to take a quiz about each book she has read on the accelerated Reader website as proof that she has read a book. And unless at least 10 different people have requested a book they won't even think about making a quiz for a book. That's why I'm asking for help

Ah I see , mine are past school age , so I hadn’t heard of this before , I hope she has a better memory than me , otherwise she will have forgotten what the books were about by the time the quizzes are published.

just had a look at the form , but realised it needs a school name and my email so I’ve left it , I wonder if you might get a better response on mumsnet ( just thinking more parents might be using the same scheme on there ?) good luck
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 31st Dec 2019
tinkerbellian31/12/2019 17:28

Ah I see , mine are past school age , so I hadn’t heard of this before , I …Ah I see , mine are past school age , so I hadn’t heard of this before , I hope she has a better memory than me , otherwise she will have forgotten what the books were about by the time the quizzes are published.just had a look at the form , but realised it needs a school name and my email so I’ve left it , I wonder if you might get a better response on mumsnet ( just thinking more parents might be using the same scheme on there ?) good luck

Good idea.
And you've also figured out the problem. It takes them 3-6 months to come up with a quiz and by then she's forgotten some of the details of the books and fails the quiz that's why I'm trying to get some more requests so they come up with quizzes for books quicker.

I can't believe schools actually pay for this 'service'. But it saves the teachers having to read the children's book reviews as they just look online at how many quizzes the kids have passed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions