Accenta G4 alarm question...

Found 5th Sep 2014
Question for anyone clued up on these alarms.
We moved into a property last week (renting ATM) and the landlord didn't have the alarm code for the property. Me being the genius that I am decided googling factory codes would work... This resulted in the alarm going off obviously!

I rang the 24 hour assistance line and was told that the previous contract died with the previous owner and that they couldn't reset without the code and to try getting a local engineer out.

After 10 minutes or so the alarm stopped sounding. Am I to assume that it's reset itself now or will it go off again?
Community Updates
MiscLG
13 Comments
Have the same alarm at home do you have the manual or want me to email you it? I think that should be it now and it won't go off again. Which code did you use? Like a master code?
Original Poster
I tried the engineer code (but nothing after it) and 0123.

Just gone leave it now and live alarm free. Any burglars out there want my address?
When I had a problem with my alarm the Estate Agent sent an electrician round and totally disconnected it. Problem solved. Yeah cheers for that!!
If you live in manchester, you defo need a alarm, CCTV, all sorts. When we lived there, our lawnmower would get stolen, cars lit on fire and we'd find people following us into the house.
Original Poster
Lived in Manchester all my life and have never experienced any of that.
Mikethemanc

Lived in Manchester all my life and have never experienced any of that.

Me neither/either *delete as appropriate
KM4353

If you live in manchester, you defo need a alarm, CCTV, all sorts. When … If you live in manchester, you defo need a alarm, CCTV, all sorts. When we lived there, our lawnmower would get stolen, cars lit on fire and we'd find people following us into the house.

Lmao, we don't steal lawnmowers here.
Op, give this a try,

Power down panel.
Remove wiring from SET output and Tamp input(next to PA)
Fit shorting wire between SET and Left -hand side TAMP terminal.
Power up.
Wait for alarm to start.
Power down panel and restore original wiring.
User code 0123.
transit

Lmao, we don't steal lawnmowers here.

You speak on behalf of all chavs from Manchester?
KM4353

You speak on behalf of all chavs from Manchester?

No, just the car burners.
Original Poster
transit

Op, give this a try,Power down panel.Remove wiring from SET output and … Op, give this a try,Power down panel.Remove wiring from SET output and Tamp input(next to PA)Fit shorting wire between SET and Left -hand side TAMP terminal.Power up.Wait for alarm to start.Power down panel and restore original wiring.User code 0123.

Sod that. I just won't use it. I'll just give the hoodlum the free-roam of my house.

NOTE: The wife is on maternity leave for the next 9 months so if you choose to break in when she's there, then you're a fool!
Mikethemanc

Sod that. I just won't use it. I'll just give the hoodlum the free-roam … Sod that. I just won't use it. I'll just give the hoodlum the free-roam of my house. NOTE: The wife is on maternity leave for the next 9 months so if you choose to break in when she's there, then you're a fool!

It's a ten minute job, upto you.

P.S. Your wife gave me a key 9 months ago. oO
Original Poster
transit

It's a ten minute job, upto you.P.S. Your wife gave me a key 9 months … It's a ten minute job, upto you.P.S. Your wife gave me a key 9 months ago. oO

I'd bin it mate, we've just moved so it won't be much use now.....

Wait a minute....................... oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions