Groups

Accents.

Do you have an accent? What is it?

Which accents do you like and which can you not stand?

I'm bored...but interested!

121 Comments

Barnsley accent here

well u know am scottish - Glaswegian !! and I know u know that accent - but do u like it !! can u understand it !!

Yoksha

My acent is often described by many as cosmopolitan. I find strong Irish & Scotish ones hard to understand (sorry bossyboots :thumbsup:)

im welsh but havent got a welsh accent but 15mins down the rd they sound very welshy
    i like the irish accent

gal2792t;7647181

My acent is often described by people as cosmopolitan. I find hard Irish … My acent is often described by people as cosmopolitan. I find hard Irish & Scotish one hard to understand.

sorry what did you say? I cant understand you :lol:

Banned

I am from manchester.

Guess what accent I have

Lancashire (Lancaster). ive always said that Lancashire has the most diverse of accents. I personally can tell a Preston accent from a Lancaster one etc.

I love & hate scouse, work that out......

A little bit Geordie...not strong.

Like a soft Irish accent, don't really like a strong Liverpudlian accent.

I think all accents can be nice...some just get too strong and harsh, if that makes any sense at all lol.

Banned

lanc_red;7647203

Lancashire (Lancaster). ive always said that Lancashire has the most … Lancashire (Lancaster). ive always said that Lancashire has the most diverse of accents. I personally can tell a Preston accent from a Lancaster one etc.I love & hate scouse, work that out......

My friend is at uni in lancaster and my great grandma also lived there and is laid to rest there :thumbsup:

I lived in Manchester for 18 years and now live in Wales.. I stick out like a sore thumb!

I am a total cocknaaaay innit, was dragged up in East London :-D

I cannot for the life of me understand Irish, my OH Nan was Irish and I still cannot hardly understand a word that comes out of his granddads mouth 12 years later :giggle:

Banned

at work: Posh English accent
    with college friends: east london / ghetto accent
    uni and other friends: bromerican accent
    family: mix of east london/posh

edjaned;7647187

im welsh but havent got a welsh accent but 15mins down the rd they sound … im welsh but havent got a welsh accent but 15mins down the rd they sound very welshyi like the irish accent

I love the welsh accent!

i do a good cork accent.

cannot stand the scouse accent

I have an accent.
    Here it is.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Small_a_with_acute.svg/100px-Small_a_with_acute.svg.png

bossyboots;7647226

I love the welsh accent!

i used to get my oh to say certain things to me in welsh as he has a stronger accent :whistling:

DLM;7647201

I am from manchester.Guess what accent I have

My uncle comes from Manchester and I wouldn't want to post his answer to that question :-D

mines a Darset (Dorset) accent, i love the Geordie accent in a women, cheryl cole could read me harry potter at bedtime :w00t:

Banned

gal2792t;7647253

My uncle comes from Manchester and I wouldn't want to post his answer to … My uncle comes from Manchester and I wouldn't want to post his answer to that question :-D

I bet ;-)

Original Poster

I don't think I really like accents. Maybe French.

I can't understand most Scottish/Irish accents and hate Welsh accents.

Banned

angelfairee;7647261

I don't think I really like accents. Maybe French.I can't understand most … I don't think I really like accents. Maybe French.I can't understand most Scottish/Irish accents and hate Welsh accents.

do you have a farmer accent?

edjaned;7647250

i used to get my oh to say certain things to me in welsh as he has a … i used to get my oh to say certain things to me in welsh as he has a stronger accent :whistling:

my oh is out at the pub with his friends and last I spoke to him he sounded welsh :w00t: think he has a few lol

I have a Scottish accent although it's not that strong nor is it specific to any area, my favourite accent is probably Irish.

John

dataload;7647233

cannot stand the scouse accent

I have friends who stay in Birkenhead and I love their accent! The folk from Birkenhead hate being called Liverpudlians apparently !

I have a posh English accent apparently, my favourite accent would have to be Irish but I love the Australian accent too!

I have a lovely accent.....whats your phone number and I will let you listen to it!!!!

:-D:w00t::whistling:

my dad and his family are yam yams took me ages to get used to their accent

Johnmcl7;7647282

I have a Scottish accent although it's not that strong nor is it specific … I have a Scottish accent although it's not that strong nor is it specific to any area, my favourite accent is probably Irish.John

yeah but u will have a bit of a twang to ur accent compared to mines. I go up to Orkney a few times each year and OMG I have real trouble understanding them sometimes - very very broad.

Irish here, not sure which i like.

Geordie proper broad

Banned

livingthelife07;7647297

I have a posh English accent apparently, my favourite accent would have … I have a posh English accent apparently, my favourite accent would have to be Irish but I love the Australian accent too!

I love aussie accents!

StevenA2000_uk;7647302

I have a lovely accent.....whats your phone number and I will let you … I have a lovely accent.....whats your phone number and I will let you listen to it!!!! :-D:w00t::whistling:

why would she want to give her number to an old man :whistling:

i'm from shropshire and i don't think i have an accent, lol :?

I'm a "plastic or posh" scouser, that is I live on the Wirral and I'm considered posh lol. I do agree that a strong scouse accent is rather grating, they have all lost their H's!

bossyboots;7647331

why would she want to give her number to an old man :whistling::p

LOL......dunno why she would give it to an old man....she should give it to me instead!!!

Original Poster

bykergrove;7647274

do you have a farmer accent?

Not unless I put it on. I'm told I'm quite well spoken and posh-sounding.

Carley;7647277

:cry:

...but you have a lovely smile!

StevenA2000_uk;7647302

I have a lovely accent.....whats your phone number and I will let you … I have a lovely accent.....whats your phone number and I will let you listen to it!!!! :-D:w00t::whistling:

If I thought you wouldn't give my phone number to everyone else I would totally do that.

mrsmaido;7647340

I'm a "plastic or posh" scouser, that is I live on the Wirral and I'm … I'm a "plastic or posh" scouser, that is I live on the Wirral and I'm considered posh lol. I do agree that a strong scouse accent is rather grating, they have all lost their H's!

Birkenhead isnt far from the WIrral - is that right? Was I right in saying u dont like being called a LIverpudlian?

Aberdonian.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions