Accessory Retailer Claire’s file for Bankruptcy in US

Found 19th Mar
Not a surprise with all the recent news on Claire’s, saying they were going to go into administration. Appears to be only for the US at the moment but it’s probably only a matter of time until the UK one does the same.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
They are so overpriced
Segata-Sanshiro15 m ago

They are so overpriced

Unless they’re doing a sale got a few cheap phone cases from there before
Loads of toys r us stores have Claire's accessories stock inside them so probably goes hand in hand.
We need a list

Toys are us
Maplins
Claire's
Prezzo
Carillion
Splice8 h, 59 m ago

We need a listToys are usMaplins Claire's Prezzo Carillion

We do not need a list, I am still mourning the loss of Woolworths stores.
J4GG425 m ago

We do not need a list, I am still mourning the loss of Woolworths stores. …We do not need a list, I am still mourning the loss of Woolworths stores.

I went to Berlin and they had a Woolworths there and all my childhood memories came flooding back
Mechtup32 m ago

I went to Berlin and they had a Woolworths there and all my childhood …I went to Berlin and they had a Woolworths there and all my childhood memories came flooding back

Im sure I lived in those stores. All birthday/xmas presents bought there, computer games bought there, CD's and VHS/dvd's bought there. And nobody could forget their huge unique pic n mix selection. Theres no stores like it in this day and age unfortunately.
J4GG43 m ago

Im sure I lived in those stores. All birthday/xmas presents bought there, …Im sure I lived in those stores. All birthday/xmas presents bought there, computer games bought there, CD's and VHS/dvd's bought there. And nobody could forget their huge unique pic n mix selection. Theres no stores like it in this day and age unfortunately.

^^ the last time I saw a pic and mix was in 99p stores and now they’ve gone.

I was 9 when Woolworths closed but I still remember having Bang-on-the-door colouring books from there, and a keyring with my name on.

The one in Berlin was actually pretty good. Massive with a huge selection of stuff at good prices. Bought some stationery when I was there and some other stuff that I can’t remember. It wasn’t the true spirit of Woolworths though unfortunately times have changed in 8 years
I can imagine that one day in the not so far future, all high street stores will be gone.
Replaced by ever diversifying supermarkets.
Uranus20th Mar

I can imagine that one day in the not so far future, all high street …I can imagine that one day in the not so far future, all high street stores will be gone.Replaced by ever diversifying supermarkets.

Unfortunately that is probably true. And then that too will eventually be replaced by online.

One of the problems is the higher amount of variety online. I love to buy stationery, as an example. But recently both the WHSmiths and Ryman’s in town stopped selling the pens I want, even in the next town away. This has left me with no alternative but to get them online or via click and collect
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants