Accident any doctors?

Found 7th Jul
i bent my thumb back accidentally was working on bike , i have had it under cold water for ages any tips or how long it will take to recover its so painfull at first i thourt it broke my thumb went backwards so its sprained hurts!
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
If in doubt call 111.
Following a sprain or strain the usual advice is to pay the PRICE (Protection, Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) and avoid HARM (Heat, Alcohol, Running, and Massage) for the first 48-72 hours after injury. Most sprains and strains heal within a few weeks.

I would also advise you to check yourself into a&e if you suspect that you have a fracture or other more serious injury.

Though following chuckiedoll's advice would be better.

patient.info/health/sports-injuries/sprains-and-strains
Edited by: "LemonHead" 7th Jul
Anywhere near a hospital/doctors surgery that has a drop in facility ?
LemonHead4 m ago

Following a sprain or strain the usual advice is to pay the PRICE …Following a sprain or strain the usual advice is to pay the PRICE (Protection, Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) and avoid HARM (Heat, Alcohol, Running, and Massage) for the first 48-72 hours after injury. Most sprains and strains heal within a few weeks.I would also advise you to check yourself into a&e if you suspect that you have a fracture or other more serious injury.https://patient.info/health/sports-injuries/sprains-and-strains

Thanks great advice! My arm is elevated my thumb has swollen up hurts to move it well thats my weekend over wanted to play some xbox:( , i will follow your advise also i will go to A & E if it worsens
_Enzo_5 m ago

Thanks great advice! My arm is elevated my thumb has swollen up hurts to …Thanks great advice! My arm is elevated my thumb has swollen up hurts to move it well thats my weekend over wanted to play some xbox:( , i will follow your advise also i will go to A & E if it worsens

Don't leave it too long, you may also need to get it x-rayed as well, just in case.
LemonHead44 m ago

Don't leave it too long, you may also need to get it x-rayed as well, just …Don't leave it too long, you may also need to get it x-rayed as well, just in case.

Do i , i mean i didn't hear any cracks, maybe 48 hours if it feels better should be ok? I have it in a bucket of ice water so good
Avoid hitch-hiking and adjudication of gladiatorial contests for 48 hours or go to a walk-in clinic - they may well be unusually quiet for the next few hours.
_Enzo_19 m ago

Do i , i mean i didn't hear any cracks, maybe 48 hours if it feels better …Do i , i mean i didn't hear any cracks, maybe 48 hours if it feels better should be ok? I have it in a bucket of ice water so good

Yeah, check if there's a walk in clinic near you as advised by IamMT.

You might be alright though sometimes there are torn ligaments or small breaks that you might not notice or realise after spraining a joint.

See how it goes in the meantime. Maybe not 48hrs. If it still feels bad by tomorrow then maybe consider taking further action.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 7th Jul
LemonHead4 h, 28 m ago

Yeah, check if there's a walk in clinic near you as advised by IamMT.You …Yeah, check if there's a walk in clinic near you as advised by IamMT.You might be alright though sometimes there are torn ligaments or small breaks that you might not notice or realise after spraining a joint.See how it goes in the meantime. Maybe not 48hrs. If it still feels bad by tomorrow then maybe consider taking further action.

The swelling has gone and the pain is only faint now but i will see how it is tommorow if worse will go a &e , never again will i apply any pressure to my thumb thanks for the advice and help ,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants