Groups

Accidental damage cover - laptop and mobile phone.

Hello

LAPTOP:

A few week back i asked a question about HP accidental damage insurance and now i was wondering if it would be better to get insurance with a private company as it seems cheaper, do you think this would be a better option ?

MOBILE PHONE:

If i wanted to cover a mobile phone with insurance i presume i would be better of going through a private company rather than my network provider ?

Also would the phone need to be bought either from an on-line or in-store shop or on contract or could i cover one which i bought from here say ?

if so could you recommend a company.

Also when they say 'replace' do they mean with the exact same one ?

Thanks alot

2 Comments

I'm with TalkCover for my phone - T-Mobile want £6.99pm, and the place I bought it from offered me insurance for £7.99pm.

I paid a smidge under £50 for the year - i.e. under a fiver a month.

Usually a lot cheaper via a third party.

HOWEVER most insurance usually only covers the phones from new, and has a time limit on when you can start the process - i.e. you can't take it out once you've had the phone over 6 months / 1 year. For TalkCover the phone has to be bought new, so no eBay / FS thread will do.

Original Poster

Jakg;6338438

I'm with TalkCover for my phone - T-Mobile want £6.99pm, and the place I … I'm with TalkCover for my phone - T-Mobile want £6.99pm, and the place I bought it from offered me insurance for £7.99pm.I paid a smidge under £50 for the year - i.e. under a fiver a month.Usually a lot cheaper via a third party.HOWEVER most insurance usually only covers the phones from new, and has a time limit on when you can start the process - i.e. you can't take it out once you've had the phone over 6 months / 1 year. For TalkCover the phone has to be bought new, so no eBay / FS thread will do.

Thanks for your reply, Next time i get a phone i think i will be getting contract so i will insure by a thrid party company now :thumbsup:

What does your policy cover please ?

Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions