Groups

Accurate weather website ?

Now that its starting to get cold I need to think about getting the heaters on. Unfortunately I live in a flat with no gas so I only have overnight storage heaters. Which means I have to have a good idea of the temperature the night before to know how high to set the heaters.

Does anyone know of a fairly accurate weather website please ?. I know that its still a vague system that the weather is measured by but would like the best of the worst to give a close idea atleast.

9 Comments

Banned

metcheck always is pretty much spot on round here - although the owner isn't exactly an upstanding member of the public so you might not want to use it.

I wouldn't rely on just one site. Google 'weather' and have a look at a few.

Don't ask Michael Fish!!!

Original Poster

Thanks all. Looked at metcheck and it would only work for 5 days in advance not before. Totally forgot about the metoffice, got them bookmarked now.
    Will look at metoffice and TV weather and plan for the worst.

Banned

raintoday.co.uk

(makes of the WeatherPro iPhone app)
    Edited by: "vibeone" 20th Oct 2010

Banned

teraomi

Thanks all. Looked at metcheck and it would only work for 5 days in … Thanks all. Looked at metcheck and it would only work for 5 days in advance not before. Totally forgot about the metoffice, got them bookmarked now. Will look at metoffice and TV weather and plan for the worst.

why would yesterdays weather help you?

thought you only wanted a reliable 2/3 day service anyway

csiman

why would yesterdays weather help you?thought you only wanted a reliable … why would yesterdays weather help you?thought you only wanted a reliable 2/3 day service anyway

Yesterdays weather would help (I'm guessing) to find out how accurate it was

teraomi

Thanks all. Looked at metcheck and it would only work for 5 days in … Thanks all. Looked at metcheck and it would only work for 5 days in advance not before.

Yes it does. There are Next 7 Days and Next 8-14 Days links on the left hand side. My main problem with metcheck is that it's often down for long periods, like right now it just says Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661380
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …93164
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764504
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415514093

See more discussions