Acekard 2i question..DSi no longer recognises it.

18 replies
Found 25th Sep 2009
Hi
My son has used is card successfully for a number of months so as quite a lot of saved data on it.
For some reason the DSi suddenly does not recognise it. says there isnt a card inserted. Not a problem with the DSi as he plays other games on it.
Would i have to go on the Acekard site and reformat it (think thats the expression.
Just wondering if there was a way of saving his saved data.
Thanks in advance.

1. Misc
  2. DSI
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DSI
18 Comments

did someoen update the dsi to version 1.4?

Original Poster

SOSAGES;6390543

did someoen update the dsi to version 1.4?

Sorry not sure if you're asking me that.
We got the card as soon as the DSi came out. I went on the site once to download..sorry version number doesnt mean anything to me and we have never updated anything since.

Also whether it is of any relevance, it was whilst we we on holiday abroad that the card first failed. Could it have been anything to do with the flight and pressure....i doubt it but thought it worth mentioning.

Original Poster

looking at acekard site....noticed it says not to update to version 1.4.
I take it that is something you would have to do on the website. My son could not have accidentally done that on his DSi could he....via Wi Fi in which case that could be the problem. We have definitely not done anything via the website other than the original download.

Goofey's Girl;6390821

looking at acekard site....noticed it says not to update to version 1.4. … looking at acekard site....noticed it says not to update to version 1.4. I take it that is something you would have to do on the website. My son could not have accidentally done that on his DSi could he....

Yes he could and he almost certainly has... kids click 'yes' to everything!

Banned

you couldnt accidentaly update, have you checked the micro sd card? check all games still on it, have you got another micro card you can put in it to check, it may well be a knackered memory card

Original Poster

Thanks guys...my ten year old thinks he knows everything so this may be down to him...
Unfortunately he does usually know more than me which doesnt help.
I will also check the micro card.
Thanks for your help
Rep given.

Banned

Might be a goosed memory card.

My dstt stopped working last week because of the micro SD failing

Original Poster

Guess what checked the Firmware....
Version 1.4 could kill him right now, good job he's at school.
Will have to see what i can download now.
Good lesson learnt though i dont think he will do it again.

Banned

so has it destroyed the card or the memory card?

by the sound of it hes installed nintendo 1.4 firmware, which no longer recognises these cards. If you use google and search for the type of card and the update this has already been patched for certain cards.

Original Poster

Its definitely the acekard.
All the websites i am looking at advise not to upgrade to the 1.4 version on dsi. As far as i know this was just something my son did via wi fi so if you have a child warn them not to upgrade i think you only have to upgrade if you want to use the shop...which he did. Maybe thats why they give nintendo points out...to trap you. We have not used any money.
If he hadnt have upgraded it would still be working fine.
There is a patch thing but i am really struggling to download it all, keep trying but its not working at the mo. Think thats down to me though.
After 2 hours i am binning it for now. i did find a UK site where for £16 they will preload the acekard for the DSi version 1.4 and i may have to go down that route. Needless to say the young man in question will be paying for it. (or half as i am a bit soft)
Thanks for all your help.

Can you not back date the firmware change?

Banned

think this answers my sons question of "can i have a dsi for xmas"

you can get around it..u just have to look into it digitalera.co.uk/ has a 1.4 working card section and list the acekard so it must be doable - check out gbatemp.net for more info plenty of users with the same issue as you.

Original Poster

sassie;6393461

think this answers my sons question of "can i have a dsi for xmas"

Oh bless....go on......let him have one....

Banned

Goofey's Girl;6394270

Oh bless....go on......let him have one....

he has a ds and never had a problem with a dstt, and after reading this i deffo think its best to stick to the ds

Original Poster

yeah i know what you mean my older boy got the latest psp3000 and for similar reasons i wish we had got an older version.

You can get Acekard working again, but you need a normal DS or DS lite to "repair" it.

Goofey's Girl;6390793

Also whether it is of any relevance, it was whilst we we on holiday … Also whether it is of any relevance, it was whilst we we on holiday abroad that the card first failed. Could it have been anything to do with the flight and pressure....i doubt it but thought it worth mentioning.

The cabin is pressurised to "normalise" it btw.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.818
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769455
    3. The HUKD Wuntu code sharing thread! (Three Mobile)98197
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1946

See more discussions