Groups

Acer 16:9 Aspect Ratio and output

Hi Guys

Not very good at all this technical stuff, so was wondering if anyone could help. I bought an Acer laptop with blu-ray player recently, it has 16:9 aspect ratio and I was wanting to output it onto my 1080p tv when playing blu-ray discs.

Anyway, when I play the blu-ray discs, it outputs to the tv ok, but it is pretty much in some sort of letterbox view. I'm not sure if this is because of the 16:9 ratio thing, or something else.

Is there any way I can change this so the film shows pretty much full screen on my tv, or am I stuck the way it is? Or if it is possible to change it, would it look stupid if in full screen?

Any help is very much appreciated

2 Comments

What resolution are you sending to your TV? If it isn't a 16:9 resolution it will give you a letterbox.

calvin21;7592560

What resolution are you sending to your TV? If it isn't a 16:9 resolution … What resolution are you sending to your TV? If it isn't a 16:9 resolution it will give you a letterbox.

Yup, 16:9 is a Television thing, most films are wider and will letterbox on a TV.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media when moving house69
      2. Fitted Sheet66
      3. Good Sim only deals??57
      4. Digital ps4 games22

See more discussions