Acer 16:9 Aspect Ratio and output

Found 19th Jan 2010
Hi Guys

Not very good at all this technical stuff, so was wondering if anyone could help. I bought an Acer laptop with blu-ray player recently, it has 16:9 aspect ratio and I was wanting to output it onto my 1080p tv when playing blu-ray discs.

Anyway, when I play the blu-ray discs, it outputs to the tv ok, but it is pretty much in some sort of letterbox view. I'm not sure if this is because of the 16:9 ratio thing, or something else.

Is there any way I can change this so the film shows pretty much full screen on my tv, or am I stuck the way it is? Or if it is possible to change it, would it look stupid if in full screen?

Any help is very much appreciated

2 Comments

What resolution are you sending to your TV? If it isn't a 16:9 resolution it will give you a letterbox.

calvin21;7592560

What resolution are you sending to your TV? If it isn't a 16:9 resolution … What resolution are you sending to your TV? If it isn't a 16:9 resolution it will give you a letterbox.

Yup, 16:9 is a Television thing, most films are wider and will letterbox on a TV.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition881166
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…33
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam22
    4. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22

See more discussions