Groups

Acer 5630 (5633WLMI ) help needed - anyone got one?

Hi

I bought a reconditioned acer 5633WLMI for me and one for my sister from PCworld recently but mine shipped without the erecovery software. I have tried copying it from my sisters as it's loaded on her laptop but it doesn't have the installation setup files

Would sonmeone e-mail the eRecovery setup files to me for this machine?

Thanks

Pete

7 Comments

It should be availible from the acer website.

Original Poster

I've tried loads of their sites - it's not available to download. I assume they are worried people will get the software for free - they should just make it so it only works on Acer kit - it's ridiculous.
    I've seen lots of posts with people struggling,. All acer say is return the laptop to us and we'll sort it out - idiots.
    Anyone got a copy? Please?

cant you recover from the h/d
    To enable disk-to-disk recovery (hard disk recovery), activate the BIOS utility,
    then select Main from the categories listed at the top of the screen. Find D2D
    Recovery at the bottom of the screen and use the and keys to set this
    value to Enabled.

pjas;2431975
    cant you recover from the h/d?
    To enable disk-to-disk recovery (hard disk recovery), activate the BIOS utility,
    then select Main from the categories listed at the top of the screen. Find D2D
    Recovery at the bottom of the screen and use the and keys to set this
    value to Enabled.

Original Poster

Thanks
    I have managed to get into the disk recovery menu built into the bios but all that allows you to do is do a restore - I don't want to do that until I have too just in case it doesn't work.

What I want to do is burn the image from the hidden restore partition to dvd, verify the integrity of that backup and then remove the backup partition on the hard disk.

You're right, it doesn't appear to be listed under your laptop. How odd. How about trying the copy listed under a different laptop?

support.acer-euro.com/dri…tml

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;2432242

You're right, it doesn't appear to be listed under your laptop. How odd. … You're right, it doesn't appear to be listed under your laptop. How odd. How about trying the copy listed under a different laptop?http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_7520.html

Well I might try that but I'd be happier about trying it if I knew my back was working. Acer say somewhere that you need to be careful about only installing the software for your model.
    Thanks for your help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions