Groups
    EXPIRED

Acer aspire 1 about linux

wondering if you guys could help me work out if i buy a acer aspire 1 with linux is it easy to put windoxs xp onto?? thanks

4 Comments

It is indeed - there's been several threads about this on the forum and listed below is the most recent one that's on the go.

Thread Name: "Acer Aspire One A110-Ab Netbook..can XP be installed on this?"
    Internet Link: hotukdeals.com/ite…an/

There's also a good forum on the go for owners of the Acer Aspire One Netbooks - they have some good guides in place covering how to get Windows XP/Vista installed onto them. If you check out the following link you'll get into the forum - hope that helps you out but note that the 8GB SSD model needs you change configurations to speed up the I/O for them.

Acer Aspire One User Forum
    Internet Link: aspireoneuser.com/forum/

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:

Depends on your level of computer knowledge. If you've installed Windows on a bare PC and understand the principle on making a USB stick a boot device then you should be OK. Useful info here:

uk.youtube.com/wat…llY

I haven't got around to installing XP on my Acer One yet !

Original Poster

wots the actual linux program like?

tombaz06;3743701

wots the actual linux program like?

OK. A bit limited and takes a bit of getting used to if you've only ever used Windows. It's not full Linux but a scaled down version.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767352
      2. Driving without wing mirror?legal?1822
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2868
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2446

See more discussions