Groups

Acer Aspire one

Can you run an operating system from an external drive on an acer aspire one?

thanks

8 Comments

Yes you can.

You can, but I think some elements of the OS will go on the internal HD anyway.

Original Poster

Ahh ok cheers, can it be any OS?

Original Poster

any more knowledge?

My guess is that the specs of the Aspire One won't support Windows, so you're most likely stuck with Unix.

Not Windows except for Preinstalled Environment versions such as BartPE and windows PE
    You can run liveCD versions of linux from external drives but they will be non-persistent ie. any changes will be lost after a reboot. Ubuntu can be made to run persistently from USB
    You could run windows as a virtual machine with the drive image on an SDHC card. I don't know what the performance would be like, but I know that on my Dell mini 9 it is dire..
    For Eebuntu this will be of interest ]http//ww…One

cis_groupie;6301932

My guess is that the specs of the Aspire One won't support Windows, so … My guess is that the specs of the Aspire One won't support Windows, so you're most likely stuck with Unix.

I'm currently running Win7 / Win XP / Fedora 11 / Backtrack 3 on my aao so the machines specs support windows just fine.

DVS_Dee;6302176

I'm currently running Win7 / Win XP / Fedora 11 / Backtrack 3 on my aao … I'm currently running Win7 / Win XP / Fedora 11 / Backtrack 3 on my aao so the machines specs support windows just fine.

You are running those on an external drive, WOW please tell us how.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware48
      2. Dreams bed sale.32
      3. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues35
      4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid46

See more discussions