Acer Aspire One - Speed Issue - Comments Please

3 replies
Found 12th Feb 2009
One of my clients purchased an Acer Aspire One (XP, 1gb RAM, 16GB storage (SSD/SD).

I have gone through the standard setup and have only added MS Word, Itunes and Vodafone mobile connect.

This is running so slow it is virtually unusable in my opinion.

Anyone with the same netbook i'd appreciate your thoughts before I advise my client to return it.

Steve

3 Comments

Have you checked the performance to see if anything is hogging the resources? If there is nothing, then I'd reformat it and start again.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;4356583

Have you checked the performance to see if anything is hogging the … Have you checked the performance to see if anything is hogging the resources? If there is nothing, then I'd reformat it and start again.

There is nothing particular hogging the resources, from a clean setup it took me around 3 hours to install word/excel, itunes, voda connect and nav2009. It's now doing a disk check on each boot up so I think there is deffinately a fault. I'm going to advise my customer to just return it and get another as it really does not seem right.

Steve

freebiehunter;4356592

There is nothing particular hogging the resources, from a clean setup it … There is nothing particular hogging the resources, from a clean setup it took me around 3 hours to install word/excel, itunes, voda connect and nav2009. It's now doing a disk check on each boot up so I think there is deffinately a fault. I'm going to advise my customer to just return it and get another as it really does not seem right.Steve

Probably the wisest thing to do.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2127
    2. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October56
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769294
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313888
    5. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684

See more discussions