Acer Laptop, help required

I repaired windows vista with a built in acer erecovery programme. Everything works fine now but when boting it prompts me to choose between windows vista or acer erecovery. Anyone know how to remove this selection and make it load vista automatically. Cheers guys

5 Comments

in xp it was remove the extra os line from boot.ini, not sure bout vista but its a place to start..

Original Poster

cheers guys. looks quite complicated. Am i likely to muck anything up?

vista doesn't have a boot.ini file like xp does. here's what u need to do to change what comes up in your boot menu:

1. Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel,
clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.

2. In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. If you
are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the
password or provide confirmation.

3. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Startup and
Recovery, click Settings.

4. Under System startup, choose a default operating system and
the amount of time to display the list of operating systems, and then click
OK.

You should be able to delete the erecovery section from here!

Original Poster

DVS_Dee;4835285

vista doesn't have a boot.ini file like xp does. here's what u need to do … vista doesn't have a boot.ini file like xp does. here's what u need to do to change what comes up in your boot menu:1. Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel,clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking System.2. In the left pane, click Advanced system settings. If youare prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type thepassword or provide confirmation.3. Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Startup andRecovery, click Settings.4. Under System startup, choose a default operating system andthe amount of time to display the list of operating systems, and then clickOK.You should be able to delete the erecovery section from here!

shamshing mate, thanks very much for your help. have some rep. cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523392
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614053
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions