Acer Laptop won't start-up (Windows 10)

Found 5th Mar
Hi all, wonder if you can help me please, 14 Month old Acer Laptop which basically won't start-up . When I switch on (blue screen) it says, choose your keyboard layout - then trouble shoot start-up repair - then says start-up repair couldn't repair your PC, so back to square one... Any help much appreciated ps (was working perfectly until this)
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
Factory reset? Lose all your data but should have a clean start.
mrty11 m ago

Factory reset? Lose all your data but should have a clean start.

Hmm maybe as a last resort, looking at system restore, says to use system restore you must specify which windows installation to restore, restart this computer, select an operating system... no where to select it?
Do you have access to another computer and a blank USB drive?

The last time my laptop failed to start up (different issue, missing files and that) I downloaded and created the windows 10 media tool to USB and booted from that. It gave me the option of start up repair and that fixed my problem without losing my files.
Edited by: "mug51" 5th Mar
Thanks mug, yes I'll try that
Have you tried connecting a extra keyboard or mouse my the keyboard drivers are corrupted
Try going to safe mode
mug5115 h, 59 m ago

Do you have access to another computer and a blank USB drive? The last …Do you have access to another computer and a blank USB drive? The last time my laptop failed to start up (different issue, missing files and that) I downloaded and created the windows 10 media tool to USB and booted from that. It gave me the option of start up repair and that fixed my problem without losing my files.

Didn't work unfortunately mate, does allow me to do a custom re install from the stick though, says I'll lose all my files etc but in theory can be located in the Windows 'old' folder, not sure I trust it though, many thanks for your suggestion though.
MynameisM11 h, 2 m ago

Have you tried connecting a extra keyboard or mouse my the keyboard …Have you tried connecting a extra keyboard or mouse my the keyboard drivers are corrupted

Definitely worth a try, like you say, why does it first ask to choose keyboard layout? Just need to try and find an old wired keyboard n mouse...
MynameisM11 h, 3 m ago

Try going to safe mode

Yeah been trying to get into it, F8 with no success
U fixed it yet
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants