Found 23rd Aug 2009
andbody got one and there opinions please, before i buy would be interested on peoples opinions on theres, thanks x

20 Comments

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;6095997

My aspire one is fantastic, not had any problems with it and I've taken … My aspire one is fantastic, not had any problems with it and I've taken it to more places and in more conditions than most laptops will ever do.

thanks, i just cant make a decision on one but know daughter getting real grumpy about me using hers - lol

Bought two back in 2006, first one melted, then got the motherboard replaced on warranty, then after a few months the HDD died.

The 2nd one has just died too, BSOD and won't even boot to BIOS, now out of warranty.

Components used are usually very cheap and the build quality isn't up to much, which is why they can afford to sell these 'top spec' Acer's so cheap.

Hi Sassie:), had an Acer aspire for about 5 years, never had a hardware problem with it, fantastic bit of kit, only time i did have a problem was my own fault (well my brother looking at sites he shouldnt:roll:), ended up giving it him and getting Medion as i thought the deal was to good to be true, and it was (what im using now) had this pile of horse pooh for a year and its falling to bits, should never have changed brand and will be buying another Acer when this tat fails (so next week probably)

I Have An Acer Aspire 1524 Its Great

dcx_badass;6095997

My aspire one is fantastic, not had any problems with it and I've taken … My aspire one is fantastic, not had any problems with it and I've taken it to more places and in more conditions than most laptops will ever do.

+1
We have 3 in the house - no problem with any of them

im using an acer aspire 6530g atm its amazing no probs with it at all :thumbsup:

i have a aspire 6930G, i got in dec last year it was free with mobile braodband £20 a month bargain, had no problems with it so far i give acer 10/10

Original Poster Banned

seems to be looking ok then, only one poster who has had problems

Mine failed within a week of buying it, wouldn't start up. Acer wouldn't touch it. Ended up fighting for my money back from Acer.

Original Poster Banned

oh my, its a medion im replacing - lol

My acer had rubbish heatsinks and overheated within an hour.

dcx_badass;6096213

I agree, medions are crap, they basically don't come with a warranty, and … I agree, medions are crap, they basically don't come with a warranty, and trading standards weren't interested, complete crap machines, avoid them at al costs.

:x Dont get me started, couldnt find ,my receipt, paid cash, started to fall to bits after 7 months, called Medion, the Model was only released in August last year so when i called them it couldnt physically be out of warranty as the model wasnt a year old, Medion basically told me to whistle (as did Sainsburys), now my track pad is failing, cant use the left click button and now the right click is failing, getting very close to throwing it out the window, in fact i hadnt broken my collar bone last week i would, i even thought aout stamping on it but i broke my foot at the same time:roll:

sassie;6096121

seems to be looking ok then, only one poster who has had problems

So far 6 have not had problems, 3 have - oh dear..

Another one for the the no problems gang, Got my son an Aspire One and no probs at all.
Also had Acer monitors in the past and they were excellent too.

I have an acer aspire 5613 not had any problems with it and had it for 2 years now and it gets used for about 10 hours a day.

2 Aspire 5720's here. The only fault so far is blocked heatsink vanes causing them to get a bit hot. Easy to clean though.

I have an acer aspire 7520. Got it for £299.99 which I thought was a really good deal. Something went wrong with the monitor after a few months but they replaced it no problem. I`m very happy with it.:thumbsup:

my aspire 5535 is great 10/10

Original Poster Banned

thanks for all your replies guys, is there much difference between the processors on these 4

direct.tesco.com/com…spx

Original Poster Banned

thnk you to everyone for your posts, got an acer and so far so good
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions