Groups

Acer Netbook BIOS Update?

Are they really worth it? What else can you use them for?

Whats the going rate for them?

The 512 Ram and 120GB HD!!

14 Comments

not seen one with 20gb hd?

usually they're 512 ram 8gb ssd or 1gb ram and 120gb hdd?

we bought the smaller of the two and installed tinyxp on it and it's brilliant. so light and the screen is excellent. perfect for lazy browsing of an evening when having the pc or laptop on is overkill.

Original Poster

Meant 120gb and also hows the battery life?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5145453

I've got mine in hong kong now, where incidently they are about £360. … I've got mine in hong kong now, where incidently they are about £360. Anyways I got the 160gb/1gb ram version for £162 from pc world. It's great for the internet and films and storing photos on and stuff.

How long does your battery last?

Mine gets 2 hours plus no problem. If I were to switch the wi-fi off and switch battery to powersave mode, the battery would probably last 2.5 hours.plus

Original Poster

Is it known for the battery to go? As seen people buying replacement ones!!

Whats the going rate for the 120GB and 512 RAM?

I got one from Asda for £150 and brought another from pcworld a couple of days ago for £130 (I think dixons have refurbs at this price too). It's definitley my favourite lappy, can more or less take it everywhere as its so small & light.

Naeem786;5145543

Is it known for the battery to go? As seen people buying replacement … Is it known for the battery to go? As seen people buying replacement ones!!Whats the going rate for the 120GB and 512 RAM?

Tesco was...

AAO150 1GB - 120GB £129.00
    AAO110 512MB - 8MB £99.00

Original Poster

Thanks, will take a look!!

I think people are buying replacement batteries that can last between 6-9 hours, depending on what type of battery they choose. If you want to use this on a long haul flight or without connecting it to a power supply for a similar period of time, a battery with 6-9 hours is preferable to one with 2-2.5 hours. I'm satisfied with the battery time I get.

Original Poster

Does anyone know who to update the BIOS on these? The easy way!!

SunTzu;5145154

we bought the smaller of the two and installed tinyxp on it and it's … we bought the smaller of the two and installed tinyxp on it and it's brilliant. so light and the screen is excellent. perfect for lazy browsing of an evening when having the pc or laptop on is overkill.

hi,

i havent used tinyxp since rev05 , does the latest version support wireless ? if so id much rather use that than my full cope of xp.....

thanks

Original Poster

The BIOS update is meant to fix few problems such as noisy fan!! Looks complicated to do has anyone else sone it via USB?

Original Poster

Tried some of the ways on the net but no luck, anyone done it as im new to it!!! :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions