Groups

acer predator g7700 predator sniper for £550-good deal?

Banned
    Hi,

I can get a used but in good condition acer g7700 for £550. I don't now a huge amount about computer prices but would not be put off by building one myself if that would work out cheaper? I would appreciate any advice,

many thanks

11 Comments

Do you know the spec ?.

Original Poster Banned

Its the same as here: hotukdeals.com/ite…r-i
    Operating system Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
    Operating-System Windows Vista Home Premium
    Clock-Speed 2.8Ghz
    Front Side BUS 1333MHz
    Cache 12 MB
    Processor Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    RAM Memory 4096 MB
    Hard Disk Capacity 1280 GB
    Optical Drive 1 BDROM
    Optical Drive 2 Multi-Format Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer Drive
    Graphics Memory 1024Mb (two 512mb cards)
    Graphics Description nVidia GeForce 9600GTX
    Media Card Reader 14 in 1
    No of USB connections 9
    Keyboard YES
    Mouse YES
    Height 430 mm
    Width 190 mm
    Depth 490 mm
    Network LAN On-board 10/100/1000

and its available online for £850?

Assuming it's as new then it's a good price, provided you're prepared to put up with SLI and the power consumption (which is likely to be high for the performance).

Original Poster Banned

when you say 'put-up' is it a hassle? I was also hoping maybe to install osx on it bu tim nor sure if its possible ive tried to google it but found nothing. Lastly whats the performance like of the 2 6600gt's? sorry for all the questions

Original Poster Banned

bump.

olivier81;7372382

when you say 'put-up' is it a hassle? I was also hoping maybe to install … when you say 'put-up' is it a hassle? I was also hoping maybe to install osx on it bu tim nor sure if its possible ive tried to google it but found nothing. Lastly whats the performance like of the 2 6600gt's? sorry for all the questions

Well I'm not an expert as I don't own an SLI setup but there are various limitations like only being able to use two monitors and the occasional problem like microstuttering. Plus of course not all games support SLI and a single 9600GT is a bit slow for a £550 second hand machine.

Original Poster Banned

thanks for the helpful advice i hadnt realised that not all games could use sli...

I wouldn't bother with it - I don't think two midrange cards in SLI makes much sense as a single higher end card will offer similar performance in all games with much less hassle. SLI is more useful for highend cards where you can't get any faster with a single card and an SLI solution offers the best possible performance beyond single graphics cards.

John

Johnmcl7;7373935

I wouldn't bother with it - I don't think two midrange cards in SLI makes … I wouldn't bother with it - I don't think two midrange cards in SLI makes much sense as a single higher end card will offer similar performance in all games with much less hassle. SLI is more useful for highend cards where you can't get any faster with a single card and an SLI solution offers the best possible performance beyond single graphics cards.John

Yeah, if it was an otherwise normal system I'd say ignore it entirely but I presume the components and case are pretty high quality given it's initial high price.

you won't be able to build a machine of that spec for 550 so yes its a steal if u can use it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      2. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556
      4. Win Swarovski earrings with OK magazine11

See more discussions